Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Issue while driving

Originally posted in my explorer thread: Anyone know what could cause this following problem: Has had timing chain rattle for ~ 15-20k miles or so. Not sure if relevant to the problem. Had been driving my usual drive back to my school - about a 4 hour drive. Was running how it normally does...
  2. S

Saleen XP8 Explorer - Now on Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-XLT-/222102363620?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33b6551de4:g:WdcAAOSwEetV9NDt&item=222102363620 Apparently this guy has the first ever Saleen XP8 ever made and is selling it on Ebay.
  3. S

Fuel pump or something else?

So I've been having issues with my explorer. I've been having a problem where I'll try to turn it over, and it tries to start up but doesn't hold anything. Occasionally if I pump the gas a few times, it kicks over and idles. This is what originally had me thinking fuel pump was the problem...
  4. S

Adapter plates for Manik Grill Guard

Mounting Brackets for grille guard Need to find a pair of these adapter plates. They're the brackets which allows the guard itself to attach to the frame. I have the set of brackets that attach the guard to the plates. These are the pieces that go outward to the frame.
  5. S

Brush Guard Install.

Managed to grab a Manik Brush guard cheap from someone off craigslist. Measured the overall width before I bought it to make sure it fit the width of the truck, and it fits perfectly. However I went to install today, and found that there was only one hole in the frame on either side to bolt onto...
  6. S

Fuel/Temp Gauge Calibration

I recently did some changes to my gauge faces, replacing them with the white ones that came off an 01 sport. I have my tachometer, speedometer, battery & oil gauge all working correctly and reading about as accurate as possible (Speedometer is probably going to need to tweaked with, might be...
  7. S

Parts interchangeable between 1999 and 2001 Sports?

My local yards seem to only have 2001 sports for some reason, so I was wondering what is interchangeable from a 2001 to a 1999. I know a lot of the exterior parts aren't, and I know a lot of the mechanical/engine components are aslong as they're the same engine.
  8. S

Grill/brush Guard size specs?

I've got a 99 explorer sport, and have searched high and low for the specs on size for a grill/brush guard. Found a guy that just has a pile of brush guards/push bars lying around and is selling them cheap. So does anyone know the distance between the two mounts and the distance, for a brush...
  9. S

So, taking her offroad soon. ('99 Sport)

This will be my first time taking her truly offroad (Done some dirt road driving but no trail driving) and want to know if there's anything I should worry about (Besides bottoming out on rocks) With the '99 Sport. It's stock height with stock rims/etc on it, no lifts or larger tires. I will not...
  10. S

Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6

First Explorer; First car. First car for a young 18 year old, hoping to last through the majority of at least his college career. She's going to go through hell, as I like to push her and Vermont winters are unforgiving on vehicles, but hopefully with some routine maintenance she can make it...
  11. S

Door lock issue

So, my door locks have been wearing thin since I got the car about a month and a half ago, and figured that the driver's side was going to need fixing/replacing at some point. I just decided to let themselves wear down. First off, there would be a very harsh, almost metal on metal sound when...
  12. S

Replacing Fender Flares on a '99 Sport?

I believe all second gen sports came with these, and I'm in the process of seeing if I can find a replacement anywhere. I managed to scrape into a concrete portion of my house while backing into my driveway, leaving the fender flare looking VERY unsightly. I was wondering how hard it is to...
  13. S

Door Ajar Never shutting off

Hello, looking to hopefully get this fixed so i can finally have a inside light on my explorer. I have a 1999 Explorer Sport, and we've narrowed it down to something with the rear lift gate. Took off all the door panels, checked all fuses, checked the wiring throughout and can not seem to...
  14. S

Hello!

First time X owner, first car actually. 18 Year old male. Tons of things have been replaced on this since I got it about 2 months ago (Thankfully I've learned a lot about cars watching my father at his shop) Own a 1999 X Sport edition, about 148k miles. Just replaced the bumper on it today with...
Back