Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Squeaky headliner

It was exactly as previously mentioned. The dealer verified the squeak noise. The headliner was removed and they said one of the magnet mounting points was damaged. It was fixed. The noise is now gone
  2. C

Squeaky headliner

CorryBasler, you described the issue exactly like mine. I dread taking it to the dealer. Let me know if you get yours fixed.
  3. C

Squeaky headliner

mpirtle2015, i have the same exact issue with my 2015. It does not have a sunroof. It does it when hitting manholes or railroad tracks. It drives me nuts. When I hold my hand on the headliner in the center right above my head, it will go away. I know everyone says take it to the dealer but I am...
  4. C

Can you tell the dealership I don't want your dealership badge on my Vehicle?

Plastic razor blades work well for sticker removal. Also, I have a problem with dealers who put the big logo on spare tire covers on jeeps.
  5. C

Spare tire cover in cargo area

Has anyone figured out a way to secure the cheap cardboard cover that goes over the spare tire in the cargo area? It appears to just lay there and slide around. What a cheap design. The dealer said that is just the way it is.
  6. C

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

This is so unacceptable. There definitely should be a class action law suit. Ford should have no excuse for this. Each and every one of the affected hoods should be replaced. Maybe then Ford might get the hint that the have no clue how to properly paint aluminum.
  7. C

I feel bad for this guy...

Very typical of dealers these days. I have no tolerance for salesman who don't have any knowLedge. I am impressed with sales and management staff of a dealer who actually own the brand they sell.
  8. C

Paint bubbling on 2014 Explorer

I agree. A known issue from Ford that began in 2011 and obviously ignored. Looks like it takes about 2 years to happen for a good portion of owners. I am praying I don't see it happen on my 2015.
  9. C

Sync voice commands not working after iOS 8.4 update

I updated my phone to iOS 8.4 a couple weeks ago. Since the update the voice commands for calls are no longer working. Anyone else have this problem?
  10. C

Paint Issues - Non Hood

If you decide to use touch up on some of the nicks, I would try the langka paint chip repair that works with your oem touch up paint. It helps to smooth out the paint without damaging your clear coat. http://www.langka.com
  11. C

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I don't think I have ever read about so many problems as the 2011-2015 explorer. I regret my purchase 100% and will never buy another ford mainly because ford will not fix recurring, known problems such as the smell, a pillar noise, hood paint issues and many others after producing the same...
  12. C

Adams polishes

Wow that is awesome!!
  13. C

Adams polishes

Does anyone use Adams polishes? If so how do you like it?
  14. C

As I mentioned before, I am new to the forum and have been concerned with this paint issue. I decided to make my own observation and seek a dealer with some used explorers on the lot. I have seen it first hand! The first used 2012 and 2013 had bubbles exactly how everyone described and has shown...
  15. C

When you say "problem", what exactly are you seeing? I cant see how they can have cars on the lot with imperfections in the paint. Is the problem clearly visible?
  16. C

Does anyone have any numbers as to how many people on this forum have this issue on 2011 and up? This issue is really bothering me assuming I am going to experience this with my 2015. After reading all the pages, there seems to be nothing in common as to the cause. Does not seem to matter with...
  17. C

Hood closure

I noticed how thin the aluminum hoods are. I did not want to add pressure to close it once it was latched. It felt like it would bend. Is it best to lower it about half way and just let it slam? I also greased the larch which seems to make it close easier.
  18. C

An Honest review of 5th generation Explorer (long)

I have to say after spending time on this forum, I have never seen so much negativity. I have been on several GM forums and have never seen members so disappointed with a particular vehicle. Is the latest explorer generation the worst Ford has ever made? I am guilty of also not doing my due...
  19. C

I am a new 2015 Explorer owner and have read 6 pages of this thread so far and I am really concerned. It is my fault for not seeing this info prior to my purchase. Should I be regretful? Does anyone believe that this issue has been somewhat resolved at the factory on later models or are we all...
Back