Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Replacing front bulbs with Blue LEDs.. Need info

The other LEDs that I have in the rear are MUCH brighter than the regular style bulbs that I had before (3157 style). But that's really not my concern. The reason I want the Blue LEDs is because the color (unlike the tinted glass or painted glass bulbs) does not burn off or fade. Let me know...
  2. S

Replacing front bulbs with Blue LEDs.. Need info

Hey guys, long time no post... Anyways, I am currently replacing all of the front bulbs with Blue LEDs. However, I need some input as to what the bulb styles are that are up front. I know there are two pairs of 3157 style bulbs, but then there's the little corner bulbs. I thought they might...
  3. S

In grille neon...

Ok, so I've seen this a couple of times and I would like to try it. Assume that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about installing a lighting accessory on a switch. How can I do this?? Should I use one or two tubes?? Where should they mount on the inside of the grill for my '95? How do I hook them...
  4. S

stupid light tricks

You're shipping your girlfriend?? Jeez... poor girl... Did you at least poke holes in the box?? :eek: :D ;) :) :p
  5. S

Um...is this safe??

The neons were like $29 a piece or something like that, and unfortunately, I do not remember where I got them. I have 4 of them. 2 of them are under the front lips of the front seats and 2 of them are under the rear lips of the front seats. That way you get illumination pretty much everywhere in...
  6. S

indiglo gages

Here's two shots of my blue NRAuto EL-Glo gauges... By far, these are the best mod that I have yet done to my truck... I love them... Anyways, here ya go The ****pit during the day... The passenger area at night (gauges in the upper left of the pic) There ya go... I don't know who...
  7. S

Gettin HIDs... need ideas/suggestions...

How about the one that "troll" makes/supplies from his site ??? I should probably shoot him an e-mail or something and ask. I honestly do not care if they're illegal as I have blue Xenons in my truck right now and have not gotten pulled over once. I think the cops may finally have gotten the...
  8. S

Gettin HIDs... need ideas/suggestions...

Alright guys... I need some ideas for HIDs... We're talkin brand names, headlight assemblies, etc... I know little to nothing about installing an aftermarket HID kit. I want a very bright blue, not bright white(more like BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus). I have a few questions: 1) Will I have to...
  9. S

351 Windsor swap....

Would it work logistically??? Any type of engine bay modification required to house the beast???
  10. S

Who's the best? :)

Wow!!! It's nice to see this post resurface of someone else's will!!! Kinda forgot I started and its certainly gotten plenty of views/responses.... Anyways, I've updated my times a bit... here goes... 0-60: 7.9 seconds 1/4 mile: 16.3 seconds I added a Superchip and had two things of the...
  11. S

PIAAs....CHEAP!!

Preferably PIAA 1000Xs.....
  12. S

PIAAs....CHEAP!!

Anybody have some good online sources for getting PIAA lighting products cheap?? It would be much appreciated....
  13. S

Um...is this safe??

Alright......It's almost time to hand over the money....I talked with both of the places that I'm buying from and everything should work fine....Here's exactly what I'm getting, prices and all Wheels: from www.wheelreplicas.com - $189.75 x 4 = $759.00 (18"x9" Cobra R Silver REPLICA) (16 Chrome...
  14. S

ATTENTION MATTADAMS!!!

:eek: :rolleyes: Show off :)
  15. S

ATTENTION MATTADAMS!!!

All I have to say is whoa. I thought no one could top matt's light array, but this at least comes close to/beats it...... I mean D###! Check it out... Dead Link Removed Good God! Could you imagine that thing pulling up behind you with all its lights on at night?? Or should I say day...
  16. S

going for the gusto...

Greg, I'm really getting bogged down on my progress with the lowering. I need to get the u-bolts somehow. They have to be 5/16" thread, 3 1/2" wide and at least 11" long. Know where I can find em? I have posted on this before, and since then I have gone to Trick Trucks, Mid-Atlantic 4x4 and...
  17. S

Um...is this safe??

My only reservation is that I don't want to get these beautiful new wheels and tires and then have some FUGLY lugnuts and valve stems. It would just ruin the whole thing. You think they'll have nice ones at the Goodyear Tire & Auto near me?? Here's what they offer from the site that I'm...
  18. S

Removing Pin-stripes....

How dangerous is that to the paint??? I'm also interested to see how 98FordX24 did it too....
  19. S

Um...is this safe??

Oh yea, anybody know if tires always come with valve stems and if rims always come with lug nuts?? Basically, I don't want to order the rims/tires and then have to go find lug nuts/valve stems for them..... Let me know guys....and answer me darn it, 98FordX24 :)
  20. S

Removing Pin-stripes....

LOL!! Yes, please do tell us how you made this wonderfully comical discovery. :eek: :D
  21. S

Removing Pin-stripes....

So maybe a hair dryer and some Goo Gone would work? Anybody have a worked out method for this?? I know 98FordX24 has done it on his and I would love to hear how he did it cause I think it looks great..... Anybody???
  22. S

Removing Pin-stripes....

Hmmm....good question. Mine's a '95, so if you're going to see a difference, I probably will too.....Though I somewhat recall the pin-stripes being replaced/changed about 2-4 years ago maybe. Even so, assume that they have never been changed. Anybody got some input on this one???
  23. S

Removing Pin-stripes....

How do you remove pin-stripes?? I really want to get rid of these ugly looking things, but I'm afraid of messing the whole side of the truck up or having a visible line of sticky stuff all the way down both sides of my truck....... Here's a pic showing the pin-stripe that I want to get rid...
  24. S

Sean's Explorer...

Well, here it is..... NOTE: THE CAR IS EXTREMELY DIRTY IN THIS PICTURE AND THE QUALITY OF THE PICTURE IS PRETTY BAD. I WILL HAVE BETTER PICS BY THE END OF THE WEEK. Go to my page in my sig or here Let me know whatcha think....
  25. S

Um...is this safe??

Whoa!! What are you going to do? That sounds disheartening. What size rims you running again? 17s and you're rubbing?? Damn, I am wondering how these 18s are gonna go with their 9" width. Hopefully they'll be fine.... SIDE NOTE: I got the first pic of my truck up today!!! Finally you guys can...
Back