Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. way2far

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Super dumb question here, but why are the interceptors all column shift? Is it due to the litany of electronics/technology required in the center of the cabin?
  2. way2far

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

@BURTSBEEZ it's hard to make the recent generations look rugged and tough...I have to say you have flipped my opinion on that on its head! Looks great. Tastefully done. Great color as well.
  3. way2far

3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting?

Thought I'd throw my figures in here as well. I am total city driving, lots of stop and go. At best I get 14mpg, the lowest is 11.7 or so. Getting ready for a big trip to Philly from Tampa. Hoping to get low 20s during the trip. We will see. EDIT: I should add that I have no engine...
  4. way2far

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Hey Jon, life happens! I enjoyed living vicariously through you as you continually upgraded/modded your Explorer. I'm sure you had a great time with it. All good things must come to an end as they say. Expedition looks great though! Good luck on your new endeavors. Hope you are still...
  5. way2far

Very nice. I need to have my '15s redone as well. The previous owner (it was a lease) hit several curbs.
  6. way2far

Explorer 2012 AC compressor Smoking

Figured I'd search as this just happened to me. Peter should be proud of me! I didn't start a new thread! My '15 Sport is in the shop due to a failed compressor. It made a terrible noise as I was stopping to pick up the kids. Smoke began coming out of the hood. Smelt like a burnt clutch...
  7. way2far

I wonder what @jonnoriega is up to these days? Always looked forward to his posts and updates.
  8. way2far

2015 Explorer Sport vs. 2016+ Sport...Disappointing Test Drive.

Sounds like me when my '15 sport was in the shop and I was given a '20 XLT. I realize the power difference, but just didn't dig the feel at all.
  9. way2far

Lots of cool aftermarket items coming out for the 5th gens now it appears. Looking good guys!
  10. way2far

Really? What about seatbelt placement and sliding rail? Wow I’m glad I didn’t talk to you first. Haha
  11. way2far

Would love to "hear" how you did this, but I'll have to hide it from my wife as I said it couldn't be done, therefore I needed to trade my in for a sport. :)
  12. way2far

thanks! Been loving every minute of it.
  13. way2far

Well after five years, I finally got the one I wanted all along. Today I traded in my 15 XLT for a 15 Sport. I’m thrilled to say the least.
  14. way2far

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

Update...looks like the passenger side A-pillar is now about to come off, but it may be due to the below. I have dropped it at the dealer for repair.
  15. way2far

Uncomfortable front seats

Hey Mike, like Peter said, it takes time. I'm 6'2'' and found it very noticeable at first as far as the narrowness. It really doesn't bother me anymore to be honest. Congrats on the purchase!
  16. way2far

Very true Peter and thanks as always for your help and input, but this appears to be an inherent problem with this particular piece of trim. I’m just not happy paying $500 for something that keeps falling off their vehicles.
  17. way2far

Help me decide on a color for a 2019 Sport

I'll always pick black first because...it just looks the best. I will say that the white on black stormtrooper look is growing on me these days.
  18. way2far

Well, add me to the list. My A-pillar cover blew off on a bridge. Took it to the local dealer. $530 to replace as the ripping off motion damaged part of the bracket as well . I then asked if my extended warranty covered it (since it's 2015). I was told the same as others have that trim and...
  19. way2far

2020 Explorer

I remember my father buying his 03 Suburban ZL1 for mid $50k's. I would love, love, LOVE to have an Explorer ST, but as I said, I can't justify that. May try to grab an 17-18 Sport at some point.
  20. way2far

2020 Explorer

Thanks for the clarification. BTW a Suburban Premier is $67k MSRP.
  21. way2far

2020 Explorer

I love my Explorer, but as excited as I am for the 2020 ST, I can't justify spending the $60k. That's Expedition/Suburban money.
  22. way2far

2020 Explorer

Not a huge fan of how the '20 is looking. No biggie...I'll be keeping by '15 for a while longer until the full remodel comes along.
  23. way2far

Jon, did the "E X P L O R E R" badging come all together or did you have to separately adhere all the letters?
  24. way2far

Nice to have you guys! Any of you work for any NASCAR teams? You're right there in the heart of the shops.
Back