Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Time to grease the Sport

[Enters the forum and looks around suspicously] Ok, I thought I heard that someone was "greasing their Sport" in here....I was concerned.
  2. S

XLT vs. 8 pt Whitetale

Deer me, that's terrible! Quite a tail of woe. At least the horn still works. Doe you know how much it'll cost to fix? Hope it isn't big bucks! (I know, I know, I'm just trying to help his mood.....):rolleyes:
  3. S

100,000 Mile Club

Me too... Oooops. This thread isn't what I thought it was about. I thought it was the 100,000 TIME club! My mistake.
  4. S

Worst mods....

Bosch +4s (no difference) KKM TruRev (no difference) Borla cat-back (no mileage or power gain, only sounds better and won't rust...not worth the $$$)
  5. S

After 96 Sport

Not too bad... Performance Accessories makes a 3" body lift for a 98 Ranger that works. You need to substitute some bolts, ream out the steering extention, and if you've got a manual trans, you'll need the extender for that as well. Then the bumper brackets need to be cut and bent to...
  6. S

Screwed

Well, let's find out. I've posted it in the For Sale Section.
  7. S

Screwed

Guys, I shopped around my 96 Sport yesterday, was thinking of trading it in on a new truck....imagine my surprise. Apparently, it's value has decreased by over 30% in ONE YEAR, due to the Firestone/Explorer thing. 13 months ago, when I bought it, Blue Book value was $13,000 (39,000...
  8. S

Is enough enough or should I go for MORE???

I can just hear that guy on the left...... "Look, if we talk him into it, I can afford to pierce a few more body parts!"
  9. S

35's?

Right, but if you were to trim them.....would the axle, cv, diff, hubs, etc. hold up to the added weight and leverage?
  10. S

Way Cool Winch Bumper

Correction Actually, it's: http://www.tjmproducts.com.au/ I've asked them in the past, and they told me they didn't have anything for a 96. Has something changed?
  11. S

35's?

So here's the question....I've already done a 3" body lift, but IF I was willing to do MAJOR trimming, torsion twist, shackles and regear....would the IFS on my 96' Sport handle 35's? What's the vote?
  12. S

After 96 Sport

Before: You know what they look like. After: 3" body lift and 33x10.50' KO's on AR23's, Borla and KKM
  13. S

Way Cool Winch Bumper

Hmmm. That looks like a ProZap? I looked at their website, but it didn't show anything for the Explorer. Are there any other makers out there I don't know about?
  14. S

Way Cool Winch Bumper

Finally, someone is making these for the Explorer. Save your pennies..... Dead Link Removed
  15. S

$$ for a FPR ?

Pix Ok, I guess I'm an idiot...... Anyone got a pix of this FPR and/or a description/location? How hard is it to change out and how can I tell if it's bad? I get crappy mileage (15 hwy) and heard this might be the cause? Thanks.
  16. S

Car Snow Tires??

Nokia Best snow tires in the world, bar none....studded is better, but even without, they grab. Far superior to the Blizzaks or Graspics, IMHO. Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 Dead Link Removed BTW, you need 4. 2 will get you killed.... LATERAL traction is what is most important, to prevent...
  17. S

Rims...exchange policy.

Ok. I'm a reasonable guy.....but I'm a tad bit pissed at the moment. I went to my favorite shop and ordered some new rims and had them mounted....but they were too wide (15x10) and the tires rubbed. Now, it turns out that once tires are mounted on rims, they can't be exchanged for the...
  18. S

Ball Joints(Lower)replaced at 50k!!

Me too... Me too, 54k miles....lower left side. Shop said they do a ton of late model Explorers.
  19. S

Ranger Tailgates?

Anyone know where a good place to get a '91 Ranger tailgate would be? I really don't feel like paying the dealer $700 for one when I know there must one sitting in a salvage yard somewhere! Help!
  20. S

want to smoke tires

Romper Room... Ok, anyone want to guess the median age of these posters? I'm putting my money on 16 going on 12....... Bleach? Ruining tires? Throwing sparkplugs? What is happening to this board, it's been invaded by children! Anyone around here that still PAYS for their vehicles? AND a...
  21. S

Seats!

Actually, my main problem is the hinge assembly....the internals seem to be stripped and also the part that bolts to the seat bottom has apparently bent.... No jokes, you all, there are already 3 big dudes in this post and if we can catch you, you'll be dead.... :)
  22. S

Seats!

Too big... 350 ish......
  23. S

Seats!

Hey folks. Anyone out there have any experience with the driver side bucket seat? I am....shall we say....a slightly larger fellow, and obviously, cough, cough, the stock seat has some design flaws. Anyone know a good place to get Corbeau seats? Are they built solidly? The nearest...
  24. S

BBK?

Is BBK gone? I can't get to their website anymore......
  25. S

F150 Drivetrain?

Has anyone swapped in the complete drivetrain from an F150? I saw a post where someone suggested that, and it sounded like a great idea.....find a low mileage wreck, pull the engine, trans and TC out, slide them in..... Anyone done this?
Back