Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

460 into a first gen? LS Swap?

I said earlier I was looking into rebuilding a 4.0, but I've also wanted to consider an LS swap and 460, I've never messed with LS series before so I don't know how it would go, just going from what people say, big power for cheap. I consider the 460 because its one of my favorite motors, I have...
  2. D

94' sounding very bad at start, still not so great after

I dont plan on using this 4.0 for too much longer but this started today and the power loss is huge, i have to nearly floor it just to get up to 40mph or so. Any ideas? For your convience I uploaded a quick video so you can hear exactly what it sounds like. https://youtu.be/WvzgNMGXs88
  3. D

Keki's 94' Apocalyptic EX

This is my 94' Explorer Eddie Bauer (Slay) that I am going to within the next year or two be made over to an Apocalyptic vehicle. This truck is one of my firsts and even with getting newer cars, I want to keep this one. So I decided it needs a purpose and for this one, an apocalyptic theme will...
  4. D

Strange camp style truck, identify?

This is a weird camper type truck that my grandfather owned, I'll be going to collect it in a couple months but I have no idea what it is. It's a 400 mile drive to go get it, I was just curious and wanted to research on it some before then. And yes I will be using my 94 explorer for the trip :)...
  5. D

A/C Not working (leaking?)

My A/C entirely does not work, I have no idea if it's trying to work or not, there is leaking going on around the right side hose attachment on the A/C condenser. I've never done any work on an air conditioning system before and have no idea what is supposed to look/sound like what. The stuff...
  6. D

Various problems

I bought a 1994 ford explorer that had 238,000 miles on it for 500 bucks, since then I've been using it as a daily driver and it's now up to about 242,000. When I bought it the engine seemed to shake a lot every few seconds for a second or two when idling, when it started it ran real quick...
Back