Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Looking at buying 1999 XLT 4x4 Any Probs?

yeah, I dont know what the exchange is but I got my XLS with 95k last year for 7400 US.
  2. J

where to mount kc lights?

A light bar will look more proffesional than a bumper or cargo tie down mount. I use a Carr on top and a Westin safari barr up front.
  3. J

Sub Amp Wires

I'd suggest calling the manf. meter's not going to help if it's not already wired.
  4. J

Pics of Lightbar Please

Not just for lights but the audio system brings it down a bit. I'll be upgrading soon because of that.
  5. J

Pics of Lightbar Please

23 year warranty. The old style relays I had were replaced and now mine work great
  6. J

Can some one tell me how to replace old drive belt (98 XLT 4.0 SOHC)

I believe it is a 3/8 square hole. Mine is a OHV but it should be the same.
  7. J

Single Biggest Modification I Did

bbq, what were your considerations while deciding on which flasher/program to get? Which one did you decide on? I'm considering a new prog/chip but really dont know where to begin. I have a MAC intake, flowmaster exhaust, stock MAF.
  8. J

Pics of Lightbar Please

I use the carr rota bar.. see my sig
  9. J

Component speaker installation - '99 XLS

there is a perfect place for the tweets in the curved shoulder at the top of the door panel in the front. It points the tweets right at the seats.
  10. J

Speaker Problems Help!!!!?!?!

ummm.... you dont have a 30 watt fuse. Fuses are rated in amps. you probably have a 30 amp fuse and that should be more than enough for a 100 watt PA speaker. Like eric said you are probably running the spkr off of a very low power amp on the cb.
  11. J

BL help!

some tools folks need to be aware of... reverse drill bits- kinda a last resort, will drill with drive in reverse allowing the torque to loosen the bolt. easy out set- (also called a bolt extractor) various shaped tool set to tap into the hole you just drilled but still couldnt get the bolt...
  12. J

San diego off road expo this weekend

I was there back in 85/86, while in the USN.
  13. J

My 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

I've dealt with Sound Sensations on occaision. Usually when they need an antenna or something for a cellular car kit. I'm the local Cingular tech at Atlanta cellular Services. Look to the right in East lake shopping center you'll see my truck. Ask them if they know Neal at ACS and they may...
  14. J

My 99' Mountaineer 5.0!

Jeez man nice setup. I especially like the Kenwood setup, I have the 979 HU. Try not to run over me as I drive through Roswell to get home every night :) If you get a chance and need some audio work, Cartunes on Roswell rd are some good friends of mine, Jim, Jeff Richard or Dak will help...
  15. J

Help with audio setup!

you'll prolly be happier in the long run with a dedicated sub amp. Cheaper too I think.
  16. J

San diego off road expo this weekend

Heh, We used to have tons of fun in Chula Vista wheeling, when I lived there. Got pics of my buddies yota with all four wheels about 5 ft off the ground. SD is my fav place of everywhere I've lived. I just hate Ca.
  17. J

well got pulled over today.

D...mmm Driving... uh....w...while h...head ....u...UP? duh....oh I get it ROFL
  18. J

Lock the keys in the car?

well the words screaming nagging banshee come to mind. I'm pretty sure she could win a DB drag.
  19. J

You obviously dont know my ex :p
  20. J

XM Radio ???

I liked Stern years ago. We cant get him here so I look fwd to hearing him again. I only hope the radio show is better than what they show on TV. I think his divorce may have ruined him but I'll give him a try. I just wonder what channel they will put him on?
  21. J

XM Radio ???

You simply stated that the rumor is false. Nothing you have posted proves that. That post is simply a denial of the rumor which is what I'd expect any CEO to say. Doesnt make it not true. I simply require more than a blanket "That rumor is false". I showed that the rumor exists which is true...
  22. J

XM Radio ???

Your source being? I've read it in the WSJ and heard it on 2 news programs. Not that they are finalizing anything just early talks, may never happen. Here is the Reuters copy: Is a Sirius, XM Merger in the Works? Wed Jan 26, 9:28 AM ET Entertainment - Reuters Industry NEW...
  23. J

XM Radio ???

Dont worr about not finding anything to listen to, worry about trying to figure out which station you are going to listen to! You can only listen to one at a time :) Rumor has it that Sirius and XM are in early talks to merge. I have Sirrius but only because my HU was set up for it.
  24. J

wont work, or at least not for me.
  25. J

99 AM/FM/Cass/CD

Id agree with the above, also try a slower burn speed. My OEM system sted acting up with burned didscs then even had probs with OEM CD's. It precipitated my getting a new system, $3k later I have no acoustic problems :)
Back