Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Got bored and swapped out my wheels for some TSW Rally wheels that I had refinished in a goldish/silver - wheel specs are 20x10" 25mm and the same 305/50/20 Toyo Open Country A/T II's.
  2. A

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

It's a custom Baer set up that uses their calipers, rotors and hats, I had to have brackets fabricated to make them work.
  3. A

You're right, it was the 30" - not sure why I thought it was the 42". For the lights, I had them do a matte clear automotive paint over them.
  4. A

Thanks, appreciate it! I added a toggle under the dash that allows for an easy on/off... it's nothing special, just a standard switch that came with the lightbar.
  5. A

Here's my 2016 with the Traxda kit - trimmed the body mount spacer up front and the pinch rail to clear the 305's, everything else is stock.
  6. A

Here's the exact bar from Wurton: http://www.wurton.com/collections/5-watt-led-light-bars/42
  7. A

It fit perfect, mounted right on the support bar.
  8. A

Yup - my best friend will have a Focus ST in the Ford display and my brother and I will have two vehicles with Honda. The Explorer won't be there at the show by my wife will be driving it out there later on in the week.
  9. A

Here's mine - fit perfectly behind the grill.
  10. A

It's just a car and I hate when people are secretive about nonsense like but if you have any more questions just let me know!
  11. A

I don't have exact numbers since most forged companies such as ADV.1 like to keep that under wraps but it's around a 35mm. I knew I wanted something that was out past the fender so I told them what I had in mind and that's what they built. It wasn't a lot of effort to make them fit with the...
  12. A

I'll play along now that I finally have a half decent picture of my 2016 Sport. This was on display in the Ford booth at this past SEMA Show along with a few others. Some of the modifications include full color change, Traxda lift, 20x11" ADV.1 ADV10R wheels wrapped in 305/50/20 Toyo A/T II...
  13. A

Ford Explorer photos from SEMA 2015

Thanks for the walk around video! I'll get some proper pictures of this thing once I'm back home and share them!
  14. A

FYI - for those wondering if this kit will work on the 2016, it will. I've got a 2016 Sport with the kit in but it needed some minor modification.
  15. A

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Awesome, thanks for the pic! My wheels just came in and I'll be mounting them up once the car is out of the paint shop but it looks like I may be a hair further out than your set up. I'm possibly looking into making some fender flares so we'll see. Thanks again!
  16. A

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

It's definitely a little scary seeing it like that, especially less than 100 miles after it came off the truck.
  17. A

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Haha, nothing happened. It's a car I'm putting together for SEMA so it's apart so it can be painted a new color.
  18. A

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Rad, thanks for replying to quick! I figured I'd have to do a little modifying with the specs I went with so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  19. A

2011 Lifted XLT Project

This thing is awesome! Mind me asking if this is the 0mm/4.75" set up? I'm putting a 2016 together for SEMA and have wheels and tires on order and just trying to get a feel where everything is going to sit. I did a ton of research on here to see where certain wheel sizes/offsets and tire...
  20. A

2016 Explorer Interior Swap - Cloth / Leather

Hey Ham, I'm actually just looking for cloth so that I don't waste it when I'm redoing the leather inside. I figured if someone had cloth and wanted to swap interiors, I would then use the cloth to get torn apart and redone... basically I just need the insides. I forgot about the heated seat...
  21. A

I just checked on the build and price page and you're correct, the XLT has the black cloth option available.
  22. A

Lowering the Explorer

I was told that there is no difference between the two and I'm hoping that's true since I just picked up a Traxda lift for my '16.
  23. A

Hey guys - new to the forum and wasn't sure where to put this but hopefully this is the right place. I just picked up a 2016 Explorer Sport with the black leather and red stitching and was wondering if anyone with Explorer XLT with stock black cloth would be interested in swapping interiors...
Back