Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Removing rusted bolts

Hey clsale 1999 sorry didn't get back with this thread I ended up being able to remove the bolts except 1 sheared off and broke and I just didn't bother trying to remove it off. I sprayed with plenty of penetrating oil the day before. The one that sheared off I tried removing it on the spot...
  2. F

P0175 & P0172 code

Well unfortunately this was only one of another issue I found. I am still having the issue. I am going to have the intake "smoked" to see if I have a vacuum leak although I've tried starter fluid and no luck. Also I suspect my emission system might be the problem maybe by EGR or DPFE or vapor...
  3. F

2004 Mountaineer - Cruise control on s wheel doesn't engage

Imp.....no disrespect about the solution, some members I can tell do not have a lot of experience using multimeter or troublshooting with resistance and finding continuity. I try to find the easiest solution to the problem although I am not always right. I will be the first to admit. Have a good...
  4. F

Also 1coolguy it's called a cruise control switch for your vehicle, (brake pressure switch for my Ford Explorer), same part just slightly different name. Autozone sells your switch for $48 sorry I don't know if you have a V6 or V8 or if it's flexfuel, just look it up under your specific model...
  5. F

$20 on a new brake pressure switch is not going to break the bank with the part replacement, not to mention it will probably go bad eventually. My experience with the cruise control not functioning is the brake pressure switch if the part were $50+ hey I would say review and take a closer look...
  6. F

Thanks swshawaii I just checked and am clear but I do appreciate the info.
  7. F

2002 v8 4.6 Ford Explorer will idle great but will barely run when in drive

Make sure the sparkplug wires are in the correct firing order. You can find a diagram on this, I forgot what it is exaclty but I think 1,2,3,4,6,5. Yeah the 6 comes before the 5. Pull a diagram of firing order online.
  8. F

Yeah the brake pressure switch sits atop the master cylinder. You unscrew it and remove the two wires on the harness. That is usually the culprit costs around $20 I can almost guarantee it will fix your problem.
  9. F

It's more than likely the "brake pressure switch" , 9 times out of 10 that is the problem. Really easy to replace just need a wrench to spin it off. It's in your engine compartment near the oil dipstick.
  10. F

Leaking fuel injector??

Hey guys I just have a question, I suspect my fuel injectors are leaking or are a bit clogged. I haven't gotten a code but I think that after I used 3 bottles of Seafoam in my tank I did something to my fuel injectors. Is there a way to visually look at the injectors to tell if the seal is...
  11. F

Need help no fuel not start

Thanks for taking the time to provide this info. I am going to drop my tank in the next couple of weeks.
  12. F

Hey Stick4503 I have to remove my tank, do I have to use a board and jack to hold the tank as I remove? I was thinking of driving until the tank is almost empty and them removing, but not using a jack under the tank. Is it heavy once I remove the straps? Just wondering. I don't want to break any...
  13. F

Running boards?

I took my running boards off because they were bent and scraped from hitting so many curbs. It looks ok, I liked the running boards but it doesn't look bad. Why do you want to remove them? For looks?
  14. F

04 4.0L explorer #6 cylinder filling with fuel

What part did you replace?
  15. F

I think you just bought a lemon there doesn't look like there's much you can do. Can you return it or exchange it?
  16. F

2003 Explorer Rough Idle

Tell you what happened to my Explorer. It was running a bit rich and not throwing a code because a code is only thrown if it gets to -25 difference on lean or rich condition and I was -8%. After changing my MAF and coolant sensor and oxygen sensor and catalytic converter and sparkplugs it ended...
  17. F

2003 Explorer Rough Idle

Is your IAC not leaking air? Could be the IAC going bad. Also make sure your plugs are in the correct firing sequence on your ignitor block. 1,2,3,4,6,5.
  18. F

Hey Stick 4503 I am actually in the process right now of changing my fuel pump because my pressure regulator has failed in the pump and my vehicle is just running a bit "rich" wasting a lot of gas because the regulator is not working. That should not have popped off the clip. I'm thinking you...
  19. F

Must be something with a restriction in the fuel pump supply line or actual fuel pump. If it's not coming out of the fuel line to the filter definetely a restriction or something wrong with the fuel pump. Sometimes the float gets caught in tank on the evap purge line inside the tank. But it's...
  20. F

Thumping noise during decel, after tire change

Yep that is exactly the problem I had with my Explorer 4x4 when I bought 2 new tires, I bought the 2 tires and if the tires have a differential of 1/8 inch you will have driveability problems. I drove mine that way for about a month and it damaged my transmission. The folks at the tire shops are...
  21. F

Trying to identify this part - please help

No problem Cdubski, and I'm sure I speak for others on this site. I joined this website about a year ago and it has been a great resource for help on repairing my vehicle. You'll find knowledgeable techs on this site that can help. I'm still a novice car tech but I'm learning more as I go on...
  22. F

It could be the evap purge valve I would see if there is any part # on it then google it. That's what I do. Not sure how to download pics yet.
  23. F

Does anyone know how to clear a restricted fuel return line

I think I am finally getting to the bottom of my problem. I read my Haynes Manual on my car yesterday and it states that the fuel pressure regulator is located where the fuel pump/sending unit is on 2002-2003 models. On models 2004 and later they use an electronic fuel pressure regulator that is...
  24. F

Does anyone know how to clear a restricted fuel return line

So hello everyone I've been having problems with my vehicle and I suspect that the fuel return line going back to the fuel pump is full of sediment and is restricted some. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clear the fuel return line. I plan on replacing the fuel pump anyways because...
  25. F

swshawaii is correct it's a heater control valve, do not bypass that you need it for the heat in your vehicle (God all parts in your vehicle you should never bypass) and he provided websites and it's inexpensive
Back