Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Dark Car Feature

I had the dark car feature installed last month and I love it..None of the interior lights, the trunk light, nor the touchscreen or dash light comes on when I turn the engine off...you can manually turn on the lights via the button below your headlight switch
  2. R

Paint bubbling on 2014 Explorer

You need to tell them that the paint is not chipped, but rather, it is bubbling. They might have an impression that road debris chipped off the paint, exposing bare metal (aluminum in this case) and that now it is rusting. Tell them it is not chipped and that it is bubbling from under the...
  3. R

Dark Car Feature

Got it back yesterday and I LOVE the dark car feature..I switched out my interior lights with LED's and it helps to not get lit up after turning my Ex off..they still charged me $150, saying it took over an hour to reprogram the computer..I didn't feel like asking for "proof" so I just left it...
  4. R

2013 Explorer Sport - Rust!

So I turned in my Ex on Monday and got it back yesterday (Thursday). Hood looks good, it was painted by an outside source. At first, FORD wouldn't give me a loaner or rental car but after pleading my case (that my ex is being serviced due to a manufacturing defect and that it wasn't my fault)...
  5. R

Dark Car Feature

Tnx...I pick it up tomorrow and will ask for details of the job order
  6. R

Paint bubbling on 2014 Explorer

It's a common problem because the hood is made of aluminum..it's corrosion, not rust. My 2014 ex has 16k miles and the only reason I discovered the bubbles is because of this forum :thumbsup: it's on the entire front lip of the hood....dealer took photos and are authorized to repaint it.I get...
  7. R

Dark Car Feature

Thanks...they are charging me $150 to reprogram it for two hours..does that sound right?
  8. R

Dark Car Feature

Has anyone here had their Ex reprogrammed for the Dark Car Feature (your interior illuminated lights are DISABLED when you turn the car off)..you can still manually turn them on after reprogramming it. Did you notice any long-term issues after reprogramming? Ford told me that it would not void...
  9. R

My new 2016 Explorer Sport

Congrats and enjoy the ride!
  10. R

3.5 Ecoboost - What type of fuel are you running?

I use premium. I tried a tank with regular octane and noticed a decline in throttle response when maneuvering the "twisties" back roads. A big reason I bought the Sport was because of the suspension and the turbo and I was told that premium is ideal for the turbos. If I bought the base model...
  11. R

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Granted, mine is less than 2 yrs old and within the 3yr/36k factory warranty but whether my new Ex is an HOUR old or a DAY old from leaving the lot, they wouldn't even give me a loaner/rental....interesting to know for future purchases
  12. R

UPDATE*** So I took it to the dealer and they took photos. The service advisor said that it is "somewhat" of a common problem and ADMITTED that it is a PRODUCTION issue and that maybe during the painting sequence, the clamp that holds the hood up might be getting in the way of proper...
  13. R

Thinking of buying a used Explorer. What to look for??

From being a part of this forum, I also learned (apart from what u mentioned) 1) the engine cooling fan is very pronounced and can be heard at least from 25 feet away 2) the engine hood is made of aluminum, therefore, corrosion is inevitable..the remedy is possibly to properly paint the...
  14. R

2014 Sport with 16k miles..taking it to dealer tomorrow for photos..:thumbdwn:
  15. R

2013 Explorer Sport - Rust!

I have the EXACT same problem! I only have 16k miles and I personally detail (clay, polish, wax, seal) my sport every 6 months and maintenance wax every month...its not even my daily driver! I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow and they said their first step is to bring it in to their service...
  16. R

No Key Detected

I have a 2014 sport with 16k miles and the "no key detected" has shown up on the dash at least 5 times...it usually lights up when the engine is still running and I exit the vehicle for a couple of seconds for whatever reason (open the trunk, get something from the backseat)..the key fob is...
  17. R

Aloha from Hawaii

Looking forward to learning and sharing!
Back