Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Need engine/coolant help!!!

In the UK we call them CORE plugs. Dont know why! but it sounds important..
  2. T

Tow Bar On Bumper

Does any one know how much weight i could pull with a tow ball bolted through the hole in my rear bumper the metal here is realy thick and looks very strong. 98 sohc in UK. :)
  3. T

How to: Body Work 101

Depending on the type of primer that you are using e.g. 2pack you dont have to go any finer than 120 grit paper on the filler and just D A the surrounding paint with 320.
  4. T

I got keyed!!!!!!!

Have a good alibi And leave NO DNA.
  5. T

Stumbling after cold start - '00 Ex / 5R55E

search for intake manifold O rings
  6. T

ODBII code P0171-System Fuel Too Lean Bank 1

D.i.y. Hi Folken I had this problem here in the UK and ford didnt want to know :fire: so I ordered a Haynes manual from amazon and bought the gaskets and 'O' rings and Did It Myself :p not realising that you could do the cam tensioners at the same time :eek: but it was a fairly easy job...
  7. T

Remote central locking/alarm

Does anyone know how to reprogram a remote key fob after you have fitted a new battery ? I have a security code but am not sure how it works. Any help would be great.
  8. T

A very naughty timing chain

T.i.s. Hello again I have aquired a copy of fords technicacal information system (TIS) and it lists a TSB (technical service buletin) about the noisey timing chains. TSB no.122/1999, and is apparently a fix for this problem. it seems a fairly easy job and even gives you the part no's for the...
  9. T

A very naughty timing chain

Another Brit Hi Woodster I live in Rugby just down the road and I have a noisey timing chain at startup when the engine is warm but it dissapears after a short while. I took it into Alen Ford and they checked it on OASIS (fords database) and the told me that there were no outstanding recals on...
  10. T

"Check Engine" light came one....

Hope you fixed it But! Hi i had the same problem with my 98 sohc but what i did to fix it was to change the upper and lower inlet manifold gaskets and at the same time clean the iac valve with a good can of carb cleaner the gaskets definately need doing.
  11. T

Need help with Codes, Exploder running rough

by the way mine ran better once it had warmed up before i changed the gaskets
  12. T

Need help with Codes, Exploder running rough

Inlet manifold gaskets Hi My Ex was running rough a couple of weeks ago so I had a look on the net and found out about the Inlet Manifold Gaskets. Because the manifolds are plastic and where they mount on the engine is metal the rates of expansion by heat are different which causes the gaskets...
  13. T

Inlet Manifold Gaskets

Hi just thought that i would let you all know that i have just changed my Inlet Manifold Gaskets (98 4.0 sohc upper and lower) and boy did they need doing. the upper one wasnt so bad but the lower ones had been baked solid and must have been letting in loads of air.It was a fairly easy job...
  14. T

Warning Light

Thanks for the offer but I have some freinds who work for a ford dealer its just that its awkward sometimes for them to borrow the computer. I am in no rush any way as i am prety sure that i have to change the upper inlet manifold gasket and O rings. It looks a fairly straight forward job...
  15. T

Warning Light

I know that disconecting the battery doesnt work.
  16. T

Help GUys!!

the fuse for the radio is no 29 on the drivers side of the dash by the door it should be light blue 15 amp
  17. T

Warning Light

Hi I was just wondering if it is at all possible to turn off the check engine warning light (shaped like an engine) as mine is on but i think that i know what caused it. :rolleyes:
  18. T

Heater Problem

I found the site that i used Click on this http://home.earthlink.net/~kandc1/ford/blenddoorfix.html or scroll to the top of the page and come down until you see the word SEARCH and click on it, then type in (blend door fix) and click go.
  19. T

Heater Problem

search for -Blend Door- problems it worked for me
  20. T

Not bled door !

Not blend door ! Hi I have been reading through the forums looking for heater related problems but i havent found one which matches mine. I have removed the actuator from the plenum chamber blend door (which operates freely) but the actuator does not move when i turn the heater control knob...
Back