Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Tony Raine's 84 Bronco II

Actually, quite a bit! Haven't been online much, but heres the progress Dana 44/ Ford 9" from a '79 pickup 5.0 from '94 F150 wiring harness from the same '94 F150 (swapped it all, headlights to taillights) mis-matched 35" tires on the F150's aluminum wheels
  2. T

yeah, its hard to tell, but there are actually 3 or 4 hoods back there too. also have a spare set of full width axles that aren't in the pics. and yes, those tube doors were on the "punisher" rock crawler. got a package deal on those, the front "stinger" bumper, a rollcage, and a bunch of...
  3. T

yeah, its been awhile since i've posted, and quite a bit has happened here are a few pics of how everything sits now, almost ready for the move to the new house: I'm welding up a makeshift steering to get it on/off the trailer easier parts pile and the space formerly...
  4. T

took a pic of the axles. both are upside down. can't find a tag on either, so i am not sure what ratio they are. the guy i bought them from is going to bring me the other drum as soon as he finds it I hope to get the axles in this weekend. the guy i am borrowing the hoist from needs...
  5. T

thanks rookie! this truck is actually a non a/c rig (funny for an eddie bauer), so i have one. i dont really want to modify it (they are harder to come by in the south), so i think i will take an a/c box and hack it up instead. i'm also contemplating using electric heat and getting rid of...
  6. T

Finally some progress! Took a half day off today since the weather was nice, and spent about 3 hours working on the BII Started my afternoon like this Tossed the motor in, this time the lawnmower was enlisted for help Motor in, yanked the hoist out Ahhhhh, that’s more like it...
  7. T

Thanks Rookie, I've been doing a little here and there when I have some time. I just skimmed over your build for the first time in quite awhile. Since I haven't seen you on BII.org in a long time, I need to remember to check in over here and catch up with what you have been doing. So as...
  8. T

Finally got around to working on the BII again. Pulled the motor out for (hopefully) the last time. Need to fine-tune the motor mount holes and install the clutch. I really think the factory early bronco pan will work, so I bolted it back on. Noticed the flywheel has few...
  9. T

October 15, 2010 Made a big decision earlier in the week. Progress is painfully slow, and I need something to accomplish quickly. My order from James Duff arrived 2 days after I ordered it. Their stuff is packed incredibly well, I would recommend them to anyone Parts lineup...
  10. T

Decided to grind off the SAS donor rig’s coil buckets and go from there. The passenger side will be easy (for the most part). Grind off, drill holes, bolt on my frame Driver’s side will be a little tougher, so I am starting on it first I am going to make it look as much like the...
  11. T

Alright, got the coil buckets off I like to have my work at eye-level, so I lifted things up a little bit, haha Got both coil buckets together, and did some thinking The goofy bulge on the drivers side framerail always had me stumped. I wasn’t sure if the “hump” or the “flat”...
  12. T

I’ve noticed that since installing the radius arm extensions, I no longer need the full-size TTB RA brackets (they stick the end of the RA outside the frame). I can now put my stock RBV TTB brackets back in without bind. After I finish cleaning them up, I’ll put a little spray paint on and...
  13. T

Alright, I sure hope I measured this right, haha. Only drilled 2 of the 4 holes, in case I have to move them around later. Sticks out a little more than stock Is the pinion supposed to point up this far? I have no idea what “degree” bushings I have in the wedges (I’ll be getting...
  14. T

Doing a lot of measuring today. Working on getting the radius arm brackets in the correct location. First I engineered a “wheelbase alignment device” to push the axle 1” forward from stock. According to my measurements (which I really hope are correct), -a BII wheelbase is 94” -I want...
  15. T

take your time and make sure its done well. brakes are too-often overlooked, but (in my opinion) are the #1 most important part of a vehicle. Got my radius arm extensions total length from center of axle to here is just a hair over 43" excellent product, they screw on to keep...
  16. T

Slowly chipping away at this. Very slowly. My radius arm extensions will be here tomorrow (no one at home to sign for them today). Then I will start the tedious task of making sure everything is lined up before I start drilling. Debating how I am going to make a lower coil mount 3”...
  17. T

Got the axle a little closer to being installed First I put the axle close to the stock wheelbase. Found an existing hole on the driver’s side (but not a matching one on the passenger side) that almost centered the axle over the coil bucket. Here are some pics of the 78-79 radius...
  18. T

Got the Dana 35 out Started rolling the 44 in place That tie rod was flopping all over the place, so I fixed it. I’ll fine tune it with the adjusters so I will have an accurate measurement for the real steering. Last pic of the day Enjoy my little caged lowrider in the...
  19. T

thanks! just tried it, and it worked :thumbsup: gonna wait a little while before I go back out there, its 98F and humidity is around 50%. dang i want a shop. half-tempted to get creative with a tarp and some ropes....
  20. T

Well, it’s the end of the day, and I didn’t get the tie rod end off. I did lift it up, put some jackstands under it, and took the radius arm crossmember off
  21. T

….and I’m back. Got every bolt of the lift loose, ready to remove. The only thing stopping me is the tie rod end that attaches to the pitman arm. Don’t have a pickle fork, and I don’t want to damage it (gotta sell it to make more money for parts). If I can’t get it tonight, I may be able to...
  22. T

After I got off work, I started pulling the 44 out. It’s in the 90’s with high humidity, so progress will be slow Had to turn the parts rig around to pull the axle out (otherwise I would have pulled it straight into a maze of Bronco II parts, haha). Got tired of rolling it by hand, so I...
  23. T

Finally got the motor most of the way in after several trying several setups But it turns out the RC lift bracket is right in the way of the oil pan. So I pulled it all back out I decided that rather than trimming down the bracket and possibly compromising its strength, I’d just swap...
  24. T

took the transfer case off, and pushed the motor in (well, actually i pushed the rig around the motor) got the engine leveled out a lot more than the pics show, but it was getting too dark for my cell phone camera to take pics. I think i've read somewhere that you have to trim...
  25. T

in pieces and a bunch of different colors? :D Grrr, looks like i am going to have to pull at least the transfer case off. I can balance the whole assembly if the rear chains are on bellhousing bolts, but they hit the firewall before the engine is all the way in. the assembly wont...
Back