Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Why did you buy your truck?

its v8, 4x4, can carry 5 peeps + gear,has cheap spare parts, and can tow almost as much. i only wish the roof came off.
  2. K

2000 4DR 67in Trail Gear Rock sliders installed

did you used to have the factory running boards that tied into the fender flares?
  3. K

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

just got my case in a few minutes ago. my double cardon shaft fits jsut fine with about 1/3 of slip yoke showing at ride height. its close to the gas tank shield but it clears. shaft was pulled from a 99 expedition 4x4. part number fro reference. all i could find in my yard were the...
  4. K

It would be too long even from a 4x4 expedition?
  5. K

just read through this whole thread and am unsure of 1 thing. A double cardon rear driveshaft from a 5.4 4x4 expedition WILL work? I dont ever remember seeing a normal 1 piece shaft under any of the trucks i looked at.
  6. K

V8 and snorkle

for those who have a snorkel and a v8, how did you connect the pipe to the air box? i dont see how you could cut a hole in the side big enough for air flow and it not interfere with the filter element. adn is your airbox still removable? pics would be awesome. thanks!
  7. K

Why did you buy your truck?

was looking for a FSB, settled on an explorer. there kinda the same....
  8. K

lifter question

yeah im the 5.0 wont roll in anything less. in older non roller 302s they come out the top, wasnt sure about the rollers. never seen inside of one... yet.
  9. K

Truck totally dead?

i went back the nest day to get her home and the abttery was totally dead. whatever stopped it from starting fixed itself and the alarm went off all night killing the battery. hasn't done it since. now i get to fix a wet motor.
  10. K

lifter question

But i can do this without removing heads?
  11. K

lifter question

so i hydrolocked my engine over the weekend and after getting it un hydrolocked, i have a nasty tick in the driver side bank. its definitely valve train noise. my question is can the lifters be removed from the top or do the come out on the cam side. iv never been in a roller 302 engine before.
  12. K

Truck totally dead?

i was standing by the driver side fender putting the plugs back in when i heard a click from somewhere under my chest. everything came back to life and all is as it was??? i didnt have a multimeter on me at the time, just some sockets and screwdrivers. now i have a new question. I DEFINITELY...
  13. K

Truck totally dead?

Went through some water a little deep aand sucked some water up. Damn. Pulled the plugs and all the sensors to dry everything out. The trucked turned over for 10 seconds before everything went dead. No power. No lights. No ignition. No door locks. no keyless entry. no radio. Nothing. ...
  14. K

Front Mount Receiver/Tow Point

it says ships from manufacturer. if the manufacturer no longer make sit you will get a message and a refund in a few days. whats the part number on that drawtite unit?
  15. K

what to do with my spare tire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq6FPFpDkWE it uses just one bar so it wobbles around. it may hold a 33...
  16. K

i saw one on an offroad subaru suv that mounted to the hitch and swung down flat when you needed to access the cargo area. would be hella east to build also
  17. K

5.0 Exhaust Thread

the muffler shop ordered it for me. i have no idea. sorry man.
  18. K

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203426&page=3 iv been wanting to try this on a stock reinforced bumper.
  19. K

4r55E torque converter problems

98 eddie bauer 5.0 AWD 180~ miles unknown service history. often when coming to a stop it feels like the truck is still in gear. its fighting the brakes and has even stalled on me a handfull of times. the transmission always wants to upshift as fast as possible. I can be in 3ed gear before...
  20. K

torque converter not unlocking.

I should have put this in the stock section. my speedo is reading off, as it my temp gauge, oil pressure, and tach. il put a new thread there
  21. K

how can I make my 98 an off-road machine?

id look into water prepping your truck as well. choose a max depth and shield everything under that. my intake is staying stock so i have all my breathers and vents and such run to the top of the cowl. all the plugs underneath got a nice squirt if dielectric grease and im looking at adding drain...
  22. K

torque converter not unlocking.

98 eddie bauer 5.0 AWD 180~ miles unknown service history. often when coming to a stop it feels like the truck is still in gear. its fighting the brakes and has even stalled on me a handfull of times. the transmission always wants to upshift as fast as possible. I can be in 3ed gear before...
  23. K

Need some help here

damn. you almost got a FSB there.
  24. K

5.0 Exhaust Thread

cost. i went with flowmaster 40 series dual in single out wiht 2.5 pipes in the stock locations. ditched post cats as well. now i just gotta open up the intake.
  25. K

OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8

that looks like the rest of the exhaust wasnt supported properly and the stress + heat cycles cracked it.
Back