Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

How much is a 1998 worth?

I paid 3k for mine due to a few factors. Condition was the best of all the ones I looked at. It was one owner. Just had a complete tuneup including fresh tires. Everything still works. It even had the cargo cover still. Plus it was a 5.0 and for whatever reason its a ton of v6 for sale here...
  2. Y

00 Sport 2wd lots of questions

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C53RXK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1NZ51J9D0ESMM&coliid=I30NII3JBA9B7W these are the shocks he is referring to.
  3. Y

explorer 5.0 headers?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432573&page=12 OBX and Torque Monster. OBX can be had online but they supplier is out right now. read the thread above to help.
  4. Y

How much is a 1998 worth?

paid 3k for my 130k v8 1999. was a one owner and in great condition.
  5. Y

Remove Running Boards

yes ill get some on here in the next couple of days. Ill be off so I can since the X sits in the garage.
  6. Y

Remove Running Boards

yes they are grey and dont match anything. quite weird. dealer add on?
  7. Y

Remove Running Boards

Im planning to remove mine too. I have an XLT. I was going to try to hit up my local pick and pull to see about getting the inserts that will cover up the holes. Im hoping this doesnt affect my fenders. Thinking about it(X is at home in the garage) I dont think my running boards touch my...
  8. Y

OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8

Did you ever get another dyno done after the headers?
  9. Y

33x10.5xr15 with only TT and Shackles

Ty- I added the rack to my amazon wish list. Can you tell me where you got the black plastic sheet metal plugs? (are you referring to the things that are usually in the help section?)
  10. Y

That seems to work wonderfully. I must say it is probably warmer than a tent. Was it a pain to take off your running boards? I want to remove mine but not sure exactly what to do with the holes that will be left. My plan is to go search the junk yard for the smaller pieces that go on non-rb...
  11. Y

Recommendations for wheels!

That looks awesome. How much of a lift did you have to do to fit that? My ex is white as well.
  12. Y

could you add a pic of the sleep platform you built? This sounds like a cool camping mod.
  13. Y

Recommendations for wheels!

Can you post a pic of how it now looks? Did you have to lower it to look proper?
  14. Y

What gaskets did you go with? What header bolts?
  15. Y

dang missed seeing that they were on sale.
  16. Y

5.0 Build

One more quick question. What does Mac sell the catback and intake for these days?
  17. Y

5.0 Build

Accarguy Where did you purchase the Mac Exhaust and the Mac intake. Can you post a day time picture of how the exhaust tip looks? Thoughts on how it sounds? Thank you
  18. Y

Some MODs today... Swiss Cheese, silencer, silencer panel and K&N .. SOTP=YES!!!

Does the tip come out at the factory location? I really want one that comes out on the side by the rear tire.
  19. Y

Removed step sides, have a few questions now.

BKennedy where did you get this tape at?
  20. Y

Some MODs today... Swiss Cheese, silencer, silencer panel and K&N .. SOTP=YES!!!

which gibson exhaust did you get and from where? can you post some pics?
  21. Y

Removed step sides, have a few questions now.

That is exactly what I want to do with mine. I dont want the running boards. I have an all white explorer and my running boards are grey. I think they were a dealer add on. Anyways thanks for all the info. I am going to start this project really soon.
Back