Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Need help finding the right amp.

Allo. Just got a custom sub box for the trac and 3 10" rockford fosgate punch 1 (10" 4ohms 150W/300W) subs and need help picking the right amp for them. I know I need a 1ohm stable amp (1.34ohm load) but how much RMS watts should I be looking for? I've been told to look for a 1000 or 1200 RMS...
  2. I

Cel?

I need some help with these codes I got tonight after work. P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient Detected P0180 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Malfunction and Also got a P2424 I have no clue what that is cause its not in the code book. Any help would be welcome cause with 88K miles on her I...
  3. I

Need help with code.

This is for a 2002 Nissan S/C Frontier. Today I plugged in my scangauge and I got a code "P0328" which is a "P0328 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Input" What does this mean? I searched for Knock Sensor and didnt find much of anything about it. Truck is still under Warrenty. Thanks.
  4. I

Question about RVM.

My friend Shannon owns a dodge neon (yes I know) and was looking for some cheap black 18" rims. While on ebay.com found a guy (dohccivicna1250) selling RVM black rims he likes for a really cheap price (around $300 s/h) and asked me if I ever heard of him or those types of rims. I have no clue...
  5. I

6 Disc to Replace Tape Deck?

Hello, I pulled the 6 Disc cd changer from my 2001 Sport Trac and now wanna put it in my dad's 1996 Mazda B2300 it seems the tape deck and cd changer are the same size and my cd changer has just been sitting in my room on the floor so i was just wondering if it would work in an older ford...
  6. I

Just got into my first WHOOPS while owning the Trac.

Sorry no pictures not really any damage to the truck (i hope i'm gonna look at the underside tomorrow) but the bushes and srubs I hit got DESTORYED! anyway so i'm leaving my girlfriends house to go home and I get on 100 than i take the exit to go onto Richie Hwy (for all my marylanders). I got...
  7. I

Looking for New 12" Sub Suggestions?

Well i'm ditching my 10" box and wanna get a 12" box and have been looking for a good sub at/under $200 and i need it for rock/metal and alittle rap also here are what I've been looking at. Kicker L7 2ohm in a 3.25 Cu. Ft Slot Ported Box - $190 MA Audio MA112B 12" Single Bass Box - $60...
  8. I

Ipod + Panasonic = ?

I have a Panasonic head unit with a rear aux input and I wanna hook up my 40g ipod to the head unit but I don't wanna buy one of those $200 adapter things can I hook it up through this? or do I need something else? I have the headphone jack to headphone jack cable and I also have a headphone...
  9. I

Y Pipe?

Just called local MD Emission's Station and I asked if a Y Pipe was legal and they said that as long as the truck has over 50,000miles on her I can remove or replace the 2 front cats and as long as it doesn't throw any codes I should be able to pass and she sent a long list of emission tests in...
  10. I

Intake Question.

I have a MAC intake and every once and awhile when I turn off the truck I get sort of a "back fire" noise from the intake is that normal? I never thought anything about it but I heard it just acouple mins ago and remembered it its just like a "pop" noise not very loud...hard to describe but I...
  11. I

Haynes Manual?

Which one should i be getting? 36024 - Explorer, Mazda Navajo & Mercury Mountaineer '91 thru '01 36025 – Ford Explorer '02 and '03 the 91-01 has the "older" style SOHC which my Sport Trac doesn't have should i be getting that one or the 02 and up? Thanks.
  12. I

Friends Subs Question?

My friend just gave me some OLD ass 10" subs and they have dents in the middle cone and I was wondering what was the easiest way to pull them out? I was gonna just "pop" them out but I can't get to them from the other side and I was also gonna try to get something with suction and just suction...
  13. I

Painted TB cover?

Did this today just to see what it looked like and i liked the outcome but im gonna try and get some gloss or something to cover up the paint with to make it shiny and not so flakey and also paint the SOHC 4.0 in a black. Any advise? Maybe a different color? wanted it to kinda match my trucks...
  14. I

Clear Coat?

I was washing the truck today and found this on the front of the truck right above the bumper Wondering what i should do about it? Its all like flaking off around it and i don't want it too get any worse. Thanks
  15. I

Not really an Explorer question but...

Anyone heard of IMCO Mufflers? I wanna get an exhaust for my S/C Nissian and don't feel like forking out another $70+ for a dual flowmaster and the shop has a IMCO one chamber 3"/2 2.5" muffler for only $38 but i have never heard of this brand but they did have a 2005 mustang v8 with this...
  16. I

Changing Fuel Filter Today...

And need to know how to relive the fuel pressure? i read some threads and looked for the interia switch which i could not find on my truck and also could not find any switch with a red button on it and i don't want to be sprayed with fuel and i also don't know which fuse is the fuel pump one...
  17. I

AC Engine Noise Need Help.

Well since its up to about 90 today i decided to turn on my AC (I usually drive with my windows down as i don't really use the AC) and well i turned it on and a noise started to come from the engine bay...last time i used the AC i didn't have this noise so im alittle worried with my truck at 80K...
  18. I

Need help with OBD2 Code.

So my girlfriends 2001 saturn sc2 CEL came on today and i hooked up my scangauge to her car and it came back with a P0327 error code and i looked it up and its for a "P0327 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input" and was wondering what this was? i looked it up on the internet but found little to...
  19. I

Exhaust Questions.

Hello I will hopefully be getting my exhaust done once I can find a good shop around me (monmix gave me a suggestion) but I have some questions. Should I bring my own tips? hear shops charge alot for tips Should I buy 1 or 2 high flow cats? I think my Sport Trac has 4 but not sure I've...
  20. I

Hello im ELITE!

Hey my name is James and this is my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac (working on it slowly) Type 6-Cylinder, 60° V, Single Overhead Cam, 12V Displacement 4.0L (245 CID) Gears 4.10 OD Horsepower 210 @ 5200 (SAE net @ rpm) Torque 240 @ 3000 (lb.-ft. @...
  21. I

1988 Mercedes Benz 560 SL Roadster

Here are acouple pictures of my mom's weekend car it has a soft and hard top which is nice on a sunny day to cruise around and its nice to take out on the weekend and crush some crappy honda's hehehe She is stock as of right now (other than the K&N filter) and my best track...
  22. I

My 01 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Hey my name is James and this is my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac (working on it slowly) Type 6-Cylinder, 60° V, Single Overhead Cam, 12V Displacement 4.0L (245 CID) Gears 4.10 OD Horsepower 210 @ 5200 (SAE net @ rpm) Torque 240 @ 3000 (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 5...
  23. I

Buying new Rotors...have some questions.

Changing the brakes this weekend and I was wondering are cross drilled / slotted roters worth the money? or am i better off going for just regular stock rotors? I can get all 4 rotors cross drilled and slotted for about 217$ shipped on the net is this a good price? I also don't drive my ex likes...
  24. I

Remote Start / Alarm

Any one heard of this brand? Galaxy 5100RS Remote Starter With Full-Featured Alarm Alarm / Remote Start Looks good with all the opitions and i've been looking for a remote start/alarm since my stock one sucks ass. Also wondering if i will have any trouble installing this and disabling...
  25. I

Neighbor just got done 2yrs of work last week...

and this is a little picture of it (don't mind my uncles beastly RAM in the way) I'll get more info on it when i see to him next time i believe it was a total restore from the ground-up and took about 2yrs, It just came back from a show and won 1st place. and here is another picture of...
Back