Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Lease End Question Regarding Return or Buyout

My 2016 lease is up in July, other than clean it out and turn it in to Ford, is there any advice from others that have done this in the past. Ford says to just bring it in and turn in the keys, they will examine it and send a bill if there is any damages that are found during the inspection Frank
  2. F

Ford Explorer problems...

Nice that we don't have any real problems other than keeping them clean.
  3. F

Ford Explorer problems...

over in the Ford GT forum they are complaining the ATMS are to high and close to the door to open it. :) I hope this is the only problem you have, mine has been problem free since having it for 10 months now.
  4. F

Purchase Price for a 2016 Sport after Lease Term

on behalf of your Daughter get the Mustang Convertible in Yellow.
  5. F

2016 Explorer Off to a Bad Start

6,000 miles and it has been the best running Ford i have owned.
  6. F

Quiet Start/Heated Seats/RPM

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312602 https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312659 here are a couple of links from search
  7. F

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Congratulations, always great when things work out, please keep us updated.
  8. F

I'm back!!!!! (I think.....LOL)

I think all used explorers are over priced and almost always have high mileage, but that is just my opinion. As explorers go, it seems to be on the side of a good deal, but the mileage would kill me as I have not got past 125K miles with an explorer or expedition without running into major...
  9. F

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

nice work and great effort, at least a glimpse of things to come in future model years.
  10. F

Lease Economics Questions for New 2016 Explorer Platinum

Yes and I specifically asked as I was shocked they did not push it.
  11. F

Lease Economics Questions for New 2016 Explorer Platinum

Seems like a high payment amount, low purchase cost (maybe do to the length of lease), and low miles. Keep in mind that 39 months is a long time and things change, that we would not always think would.
  12. F

Good Price

I traded an 06 EB EX for 5500 that I assumed got applied. It was really hard to follow the numbers and where things went. The lease when you get into the paper work was much more complex in some ways (dealer sucks at explaining it) but also simpler in others. Also what they try to pack on the...
  13. F

Good Price

I purchased a very similar priced and optioned vehicle. My out the door amount is 465 on a two year lease with 30K miles. Residual is 27K
  14. F

Good Price

Dang, that 25,895 seems low. But maybe not for 3 years.
  15. F

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

Very Nice, thanks for the pictures. That black is so cool with the new style front. I hope Ford sends you a christmas card for the support. :D
  16. F

"it's my wife's SUV"

is it me or do I not see a lot of post from new buyers that start out the conversation with "it was for my wife"? I know in my case it really was for the wife and her pick/choice. I do feel like the SUV is designed with the female driver in mind. Others thoughts?
  17. F

New owners!

Congratulations on the SPORT, it seems to be the perfect combination of options. Like you that is one grip I have also, is the left foot area, just to tight. I wish I knew the reason for it being built that way.
  18. F

Missing roof-rack thumbwheels

from page 235 of the manual: Note: There may be snap caps in the side rail, which must be removed before installing the thumbwheels. These caps can be removed by using a T25 torx tool or a similar tool.
  19. F

Just got my first Ford - 2016 Explorer XLT.

WOW really sorry to hear that, there really is no reason for that in today's logistics, one could have easily been allocated if the right person at Ford would have picked this up and ran with it.
  20. F

you could do a factory tour and grab a souvenir off of the line. :) I know that is not helpful, but it worked for Johnny Cash.
  21. F

Missing roof-rack thumbwheels

I wondered how I was going to tie that Christmas tree down, great timing and sure enough they were in the glove box still.
  22. F

Need advice on new Sport Purchase

Good Choice, the used are just two expensive and usually have high mileage.
  23. F

New Owner- Advice Needed

depends on how long it will take you to put that 60K miles on the truck, if it takes five years than maybe, other wise I would bank the 3800 for repairs down the road. Way to many variables and we know nothing about your intentions on use of vehicle, how long you plan on keeping it and how much...
  24. F

Disappointed in Ford

I had the same issue except on the passenger door. They offered to paint it, but I said no thanks, like you not risking a pin size spot for a door that does not match or the hassle to take it there and leave it and go back and get it.
  25. F

I would agree and say this is unique, other car companies don't give any indication that they monitor the other forums I use. At least they don't jump in and offer assistance.
Back