Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

What engine option to take?

Hello I am a proud owner of a 2002 Sport Trac that is 2 wheel drive with the 4.0 SOHC. It has 205k miles on it and I purchased it with 200k miles on it. Now that it is at 205k miles the rear timing chain cassette or guide has gone out on it. So my question is there are a few options I can go...
  2. J

Lift Solution

So I have a 2002 2wheel drive ST. in about a year I will need new tires and so I wont be doing anything until then. I was looking to move up to probably 32" tires when I need them next year. I know they wont fit as the truck is stock and have thinking of doing a TT and Shackle lift. My first...
  3. J

Rebuilt engine or replace.

I have a 2002 ST 2 wheel drive and recently the chain guides went out in it. My question is that with 205k miles on it I believe it only makes more since to either rebuild it or replace with a bebuilt one instead of only doing the guides. Yes the guides only would be the cheaper option however I...
  4. J

quality rebuilt 4.0 sohc distributer

Does anybody know of a quality rebuilt 4.0 sohc engine place in GA or that can be ordered online? needing a new engine for my 02 ST 2wheel drive.
  5. J

02 st have balance shaft or not?

I have an 02 Sport Trac with the 4.0 sohc engine. Long story but it needs a motor and has 206k miles on it. My question is I can't seem to determine if it is a balance shaft engine or not. It is a 2 wheel drive and I think that only the 4 wheel drives have the balance shaft. Can anybody assist...
  6. J

02 ST 4.0 sohc with terrible rattle!!!!!

Ok so I changed the rear timing chain tensioner today because I believed it to be part of the rattle issue. It was not as bad as expected but a noticable difference than the new replacement. Pryor to replacing it was only rattling at 2300-2800 RPM at first and was not very noticable after my oil...
  7. J

Broken plastic?

I removed my oil pan today to see if any plastic was there due to hearing a rattle from the TIming chain around 2300-2800 RPM. These are the pics of the plastic. Anybody have an idea what it broke from and if it needs to be replaced emediately or can go as it is?
  8. J

Possible rattle between 2500-3000 rpm???

I am posting this because I have an 02 ST 2wd with 205k miles on it. It mostly is in fantastic shape with the exception of the common issues with leaking valve cover gaskets and bad ball joints(both to replaced within the next month). However I have noticed that when the engine is cold and not...
Back