Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Explorer 2008 leaking hose

Most likely water condensation from air conditioner if you have rear air
  2. G

Doing wheel bearings, do I need a new axle nut? Also torque wrench?

Got mine out with an eight pound sledge hammer on my 08. you are correct they don't want to come out.
  3. G

Gearshift Selector Lamp?

when I did mine a few years ago I took the old bulb to auto zone and they found one that would fit the plug and it works
  4. G

Does 16 psi radiator cap harm the engine

just get a cap for a 2000 explorer it is the same size and is 16 psi, that is what I did for my 2008
  5. G

Doesn't Crank When Hot

I have the crank shaft sensor go bad on 2 Buicks and one Ford and none showed any codes, all would start cold but not when hot , only start after cool down. I don't know if this is your problem or not, but that is something to check.
  6. G

Doesn't Crank When Hot

crank shaft sensor
  7. G

anyone have radiator leaks?

I got one for a 2000 explorer it was 16psi and fit my 2008
  8. G

Sync questions

go to owner.ford.com and you can get a sync manual and other manuals for your ford
  9. G

Cold startups

sounds normal for cold weather, mine will do the same when cold out and been setting for a few days. I see no problems. 2008 4.0
  10. G

Does 16 psi radiator cap harm the engine

I don't think so, I have been running one of over a year no problems. 2008 4.0
  11. G

No, has a coil pack
  12. G

Gas Mileage Question

Lighten up dude don't be so condescending
  13. G

Washer Pump Not Working

one pump and tank feed both front and rear. there is a line going from the front to the back
  14. G

It's Friday the 13th!

why do you even care if autozone is not in Canada? you are starting to sound like a shill for walmart. before you come back with more stupidity I do shop at walmart
  15. G

It's Friday the 13th!

had autozone in two of my cars never had a problem both outlasted the warrenty period. if they don't have them in wonderful Canada then why are you slaming them?
  16. G

Just to be sure, coolant change

don't think you want the front higher when draining, you would leave a lot in the block
  17. G

Engine Coolant Recommendations?

take some out of the radiator and see what color it is
  18. G

Do I have to go to dealer for key code

you are correct you need to be able to read ms-can . you can get an elm327 with ms switch. the one I got I think was $25 and forscan is a free download and the extended license is free
  19. G

Do I have to go to dealer for key code

It's not on a 2008. can get it with forscan and elm327
  20. G

oh no so you will be whining for another year,and I hope your hemorrhoids get better....just joking with you have a good day
  21. G

if it's so bad why are you still driving it.......................not the sharpest tool in the shed......maybe
  22. G

you should get your mommy to buy you a chevy, cry baby
  23. G

Considering a Gen IV Explorer

there seems to be more problems with the v8 than the v6 listed on here. don't be shy away from a v6 if it's in good shape. I have a 2008 so far no problems
  24. G

Poor heat in 2007 explorer.

Thanks for telling us what you fixed it. I am sure it will help some one in the future.
  25. G

Poor heat in 2007 explorer.

how about telling us what you did. it might help some one else. thanks
Back