Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

The black chrome is a duplicolor clear coat spray paint. I have heard that it is removable with lots of elbow grease and paint remover. But it seems pretty permanent.
  2. M

I want to open my tailgate with my foot

I think my solution will be a waterproof momentary switch mounted under the bumper run in parallel with the button on the back gate. I will then get an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry installed that unlocks the car upon approach and locks when I walk away. The downside is that that button does...
  3. M

I push a button on the gate and it opens electronically.
  4. M

Can I just add a button under my bumper that I can push with my foot that is attached to one of the buttons inside?
  5. M

I have a Power Gate, Is the wire already in the bumper? I don't need the same switch as the escape, I would be happy with any button under the bumper I could push with my foot.
  6. M

Is it possible to convert the escape switch to work with my explorer?
  7. M

liftgate applique retrofit

Black Chrome Sprayed mine in 'black chrome' along with the emblems
  8. M

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

Black Chrome Emblems and Door Handles I used 'black chrome' spray on the emblems and the door handles as well ason the chrome trim on the bottom of the doors and on the tailgate. I plasti-dipped the roof rack and grille flat black I also switched all bulbs inside and out to LEDs (no more...
  9. M

Plasti dipped grille

Flat black and chrome I removed the grill and emblems and plasti dipped the entire thing. I sprayed the emblem with 4 or five layers of clear coat tint. I then peeled off the plasti dip from the chrome strips(it is the only chrome left on the car but it goes well with the headlights)...
  10. M

Help please with LEDs

Turn wire to ground Did you hook the resistors from the blue wire (2011 xlt) on the front bumper to ground?
Back