Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

roof mount antenna

No problems with either of my shark fins. I had one for 3 years on my red G8. No fading of the paint, no deterioration of the foam adhesive. If you're worried about a 110% paint match, I wouldnt. Who is going to get on a step stool and look at teh difference in the paint from an inch away? I...
  2. B

roof mount antenna

Love my VG antenna. Ive had one on 2 different vehicles now.
  3. B

2016 Ford Explorer Problems

ALWAYS look over your vehicle before leaving, and dont leave until a manager has looked at your vehicle. MAKE THEM fix it right.
  4. B

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Interior LED's Anyone running these and if so, have you had any problems? How hard is the install? and What is the best method for popping the lenses off to change the bulbs? http://drivebright.com/home/shop/ford-explorer-led-replacement-bulb-pack/
  5. B

Anyone have cold air, tune, and exhaust?

Just wondering what the actual gains were from a cold air kit, that Magnaflow catback and a tune? The stock mufflers are straight through i noticed, so it doesnt look like its very restricted.
  6. B

Aside from your '11-'16, What is your "other" car/truck

Nice rides! Yeah I will never sell my Lightning. Ive owned it since day one. For those of you who have Lightnings and Mustangs I'm in sales at Late Model Restoration.
  7. B

Aside from your '11-'16, What is your "other" car/truck

We all love our 11-16's, but post up a pic/pics of what other car/truck you may own. I'll start: 99 Lightning - owned since new. 410 rwhp 505 TQ, 53,600 miles. 2006 GT - Auto, full bolt-ons including cams
  8. B

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I'm on a lot of the mustang facebook groups because I work at Late Model Restoration and was on some of the G8 forums and facebook groups.
  9. B

Very nice quality, I have one for my 2006 mustang GT also. They run about $50, but last forever. Seeing that the 2016 is different, you'll probably have to go to their website directly. If my G8 was a GXP, I probably would still have it and not traded it in on the explorer LOL
  10. B

2012 Electrical Issues

Yep, its a shame. My '99 Lightning had the stock battery in it for almost 11 years. After i replaced it in 2009, its had 2 batteries since then. Excide batteries makes the battteries for Motorcraft by the way.
  11. B

Ive installed sharkfins on 2 vehicles now. Less than 5 mins. Paint is an EXACT match. No signal loss.
  12. B

2012 Electrical Issues

Took it to Ford and had it load tested. The battery was the factory battery (now 3 years old). And it was bad. We'll see what happens next. From my experience with many vehicles, batteries now do not last long like they used to 8-10 years ago.
  13. B

2012 Electrical Issues

Yeah this doesnt seem like an alternator issue.
  14. B

2012 Electrical Issues

Ive had it for about a month now and has been driving perfect. Car sat for 3 days and it cranked right up to move it in the driveway to wash it. Washed the car, went to start up and just a bunch of clicking like the battery is dead. Put the volt meter on, 10.5 volts. Put a battery charger on it...
  15. B

Installed my VG sharkfin antenna and CoverCraft sunshade last night. This is my second antenna from VG. I had one for a Pontiac G8 before this and color was spot on as well. Awesome product. LED puddle lights coming next.
  16. B

I dont have an Ecoboost, I have a regular XLT.
  17. B

In the past week I added the full 3rd row Ford all weather mat and a K&N filter only replacement. I also took the time to clean out all the oil that was in the inlet tube between the airbox and the throttle body.
  18. B

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

What do you have to trim exactly? Was looking to pick these up today. :thumbsup:
  19. B

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I took my complete air box and inlet tube off last night and there was a lot of oil in the inlet tube. I'm very familiar with this as I'm in the Mustang and Lightning community. There is TONS of blowby with these 3.5's just like all the 4.6 Mustangs. This is most of the cause of people smelling...
  20. B

Installed Ford bug deflector, OEM factory Explorer all-weather mats, 20% tint on front 2 windows to match sides, and 5% tint eyebrow. VG Sharkfin antenna coming next month.
  21. B

Want to lower the 2012 XLT

Found these but didnt know which ones would be sufficient: Part Number: MOK90476 Manufacturer Number: K90476 for 1 degree +- or Part Number: MOK7436 Manufacturer Number: K7436 for 1.25 +-
  22. B

Want to lower the 2012 XLT

Looking at he H&R springs for the explorer. If you have personally installed these and had the vehicle successfully aligned, please let me know what camber bolts you bought or how you got it aligned. ALSO, your honest opinion on the ride quality. I love the way the vehicle rides now and can...
  23. B

Hood Struts ??

Any update on this?
Back