Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2011 XLT Manual Liftgate Stuck

Hello all! Had the problem for awhile now and I’ve searched for a solution here and there, but it’s becoming more and more inconvenient and I need help. The rear hatch is locked shut and won’t open. When I push the button to open it in the rear, I can hear it wanting to open but it’ll only...
  2. B

Stock exhast tips on 40 Series Flowmasters?

Did you end up making this change? If so do you have a video of the sound? I want to put an exhaust on, but I'm weary of how it's going to sound.
  3. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Where did you find another lift?! Would love to look at it! I purchased some spacers for it, but the rims I put on, I believe, are 4.5" backspacing so I ended up not using spacers and now they just sit here lol. but I do rub the slightest bit full turn in reverse or full turn and hit a bump or...
  4. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

They are the Kelly Safari TSR's? I think. Seem to be all terrains, picked them up off of craigslist for a good deal so I had to do it. And yeah, I've been impatiently waiting for a legitimate lift kit to come out for it, but I don't think it'll happen. No, not really anything new. I have my...
  5. B

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Can't wait to see it!
  6. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

It's called "ExoGear". Pretty cheap alternative, I think it was only $50? Let me know if you make those flares! Would love to see them.
  7. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Updated with the pictures! And here are a couple other shots.
  8. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Well it's been a bit since I updated this, so I'll just let the timeline of the pictures speak for themselves, but this is a list of a couple things I've done: - iPad mini mount for the dash - Tinted all windows to 20% - Blacked out the headlights on the inside |__> Tinted the turn...
  9. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

I can take a couple pictures for you. and with the tires I have, just had to do a little trimming behind the front wheels on the fenders and on the pinch weld down there. To me, no big deal. A big deal to some though
  10. B

liftgate applique retrofit

Thank you! I didn't want to make any permanent changes in case I ended up wanting to trade it in or sell it. Plasti-dip was a great alternative. Took about 90% of the chrome and covered it up with it.
  11. B

liftgate applique retrofit

Removing it is not hard. You just have to take the lift gate panel off from the inside and remove the bolts from there, if I remember correctly it's a bunch of 10mm. I removed mine so I could plastic-dip it.
  12. B

Adding Switches

Makes sense. I've inly been on their site a couple times and haven't looked too much into it because of just that, the pricing. Figured I could find a cheaper/not so bad looking option.
  13. B

Adding Switches

Yeah I gotcha. I like the idea of the Havis Console, just not sure what id fill it with. The main use would be like 4 switches, if that haha. But they sell extra slots for like.. Storage, yeah? And how do you like the arm rests for it?
  14. B

Adding Switches

Oh it is filled up! Lol. No need for switches I assume? Haha
  15. B

Adding Switches

Ah okay. Easy setup? And do you plan on throwing anything in there?
  16. B

Adding Switches

Okay. I wanna see if anyone is running the Havis setup on here.
  17. B

Adding Switches

Ah I gotcha. I actually use both for storage. Just a couple little things. But good suggestions! Never even though about the lid covered portion. Might look into that one.
  18. B

Adding Switches

Could you elaborate a little? Like snap a pic of what area you're talking about?
  19. B

Adding Switches

Been trying to find a practical spot for some aftermarket switches for AUX lights or whatever else I end up fabing in my ex. I noticed, since I got an XLT, that I don't have these buttons or even the part. I'm currently away from my ex and can't access the space, but is it possible to order...
  20. B

Firewall Drill Location

What type of switch panel are you using and where? Trying to decide where to add mine at.
  21. B

Oh that's awesome! Thank you so much! There's much more to come with it so stay tuned! :salute:
  22. B

Could you re-upload your picture? Would love to see it! Also, did the strut/shock upgrades make a difference in your opinion? I did the lift on mine as well and threw on 265/70r17.
  23. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Thank you, and yes I do plan on taking it off. So much to do to it! Haha
  24. B

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Everything is done! :D Also wondering if a mod could change the title to "2011 Lifted XLT Project"
Back