Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Feasibility of adding heated mirrors

So..... I bit the bullet and ordered part number DB5Z-17683-DD for my 2014 PIU. It works great. It bolted up with no issues and has pins in positions 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8. That part number is power and heat only which is exactly what I was looking for. I'm planning to order DB5Z-17682-DH for the...
  2. B

Ford 16N01 Liftgate Lock Cylinder Paint

Sorry, remove the dash at the end.
  3. B

Ford 16N01 Liftgate Lock Cylinder Paint

Has anybody had to get Customer Satisfaction 16N01 done for peeling paint around the liftgate lock cylinder? I just noticed today that the paint around my liftgate cylinder is starting to peel on my 2014 PIU. It says you have to be the original owner and the vehicle has to be in police service...
  4. B

Rear view mirror backup camera questions

16' and up I believe it was a free option to move it from the 4" dash display to the mirror. Many police departments mount a tablet or laptop covering the HVAC controls and AM/FM radio screen.
  5. B

2015 PIU Aux buttons

When an AUX switch is off, you will have no signal on the wire. When an AUX switch is on, the wire corresponding to the switch is ground. If you test with a multimeter you should have continuity to ground when the AUX switches are on. A Bosch style relay is just a standard automotive SPST/SPDT...
  6. B

2015 PIU Aux buttons

See the upfitter manual. The four aux switches control switched grounds in the 16 pin vehicle signals harness under the center of the dash. The wire controls the ground side of the coil of a normal Bosch style automotive relay. DO NOT connect the ground side of you loads to the wires. AUX...
  7. B

Things i learned about my PIU.

Dark car and DRLs are separate options in the programming. DRLs activate when the transmission is not in park. They are slightly dimmer than the normal headlights and do not turn on the tail lights or parking lights. You should be able to leave the headlight dial in "off" and have the DRLs...
  8. B

AUX Button Light Wiring

The 14 pin police connector does not have all 14 wires. I believe some of them are empty from the factory. The upfitter guide should have the pinout.
  9. B

AUX Button Light Wiring

The second connector is white and less beefy than the vehicle signals connector. Hopefully it wasn't cut off. I don't believe there is a remote door receiver under the console plate at all. I enabled remote locks and remote start via Forscan in my 2014 and I have no receiver.
  10. B

AUX Button Light Wiring

I think that goes to the 14 pin police options connector somehow. All the emergency lighting should be controlled by 12V not anything in Forscan.
  11. B

AUX Button Light Wiring

Starting with the 2015 model year Ford started putting extra circuits though the firewall in addition to the grommet. They added two pairs of 14 ga. wire and four pairs of 20 ga. wire capped off for the upfitter to use.
  12. B

Longshot... Wanted Amber Pieces from PI Headlight Assy.

You're looking for a vehicle with option 86P, 66A, or 67H I believe. Part numbers from my 2014 with option 86P is DB5Z-13008-E for RH and DB5Z-13008-F for LH.
  13. B

AUX Button Light Wiring

One thing with those switches is that they are only on when the ignition is in the On position. They will turn off when you turn the vehicle off.
  14. B

AUX Button Light Wiring

Make sure you have the proper 14 pin connector. There should be two up under the dash. One is for the police options, and the other is for power and vehicle signals. You want the power and vehicle signals one. See 2-61 in the 2014 upfitter guide. The aux wires are pins 2, 3, 4, and 5...
  15. B

2015 PIU rear window switchs

Any upfitter should be ashamed at that quality of work. Completely unacceptable to connect wires like that IMO.
  16. B

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

I'll have to check my vehicle again then. I'm probably not remembering it correctly. I have a PIU so those settings were off my default. My PIU did not come with factory remote locks either. I had my dealer add it with IDS before I discovered FORScan.
  17. B

All I was able to add was the honk on double lock press and flash turn signals once upon unlock press. I also change my dimming to on/off from theatre. I believe it was in the BCM settings. They were all menu options. I did not have to change the hex values.
  18. B

Yup. It works great. I also was able to change a bunch of the remote unlock settings also so I would get more feedback when the vehicle was locked/unlocked with the remote.
  19. B

Not going to work. My mirrors only have three pins in positions 1, 2, and 4. Heated mirrors should have pins also in positions 6 and 8. See photo and diagram. http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1069194
  20. B

I'm not looking for all the bells and whistles that the retail mirrors have. I just want heated and power mirrors, no turn signal, no strobe, no BLIS. I think the entire mirror needs to be replaced. The mirrors on my vehicle only have three pins in the connector, up/down, left/right, and...
  21. B

Allegedly it was an option for the 2014 model year. See option 549 on page 19. http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/microsites/policeinterceptor/pdfs/2014_PoliceInterceptorBrochurev1Rain.pdf The Ford parts website also seems to indicate that heated mirrors were an option but it's not helpful...
  22. B

So I toned out the wires in my mirror connector. It turns out that the gray wire is hot when the rear defroster is on so the wiring is all there. Does anybody know the part numbers for the power/heated only mirrors for a 2014 Police Interceptor Utility? My vehicle only came with the stock power...
  23. B

Does the PIU have additional bracing under the rear seats?

Yup. See the fine print on page 16/17. http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2017/17_Police_Interceptor_Brochure_MedRes.pdf
  24. B

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

I did not have to edit 720-01-03 in the IPC. 726-19-01 was set to 0047 when I first read the car. I'm not exactly sure what they did. I still have the seats and wheel options in my options however. I just set them to off. The instructions for the IPC didn't make a whole lot of sense. Instead of...
  25. B

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

So it turns out the dealer didn't properly enable my remote start. I edited 726-19-01 in the BCM with Forscan and now it works perfectly.
Back