Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

I know, I know, I know...

Thanks for the suggestion but, no. I need something to haul a couple of people around in. And i have 3 pick up tricks as it is. I don't need another. And I thought about a 3rd gen as well, but I'm just not real sure about the engine trans combo in them. But yes I do like the style better...
  2. N

firearm storage

10 points :)
  3. N

Starkman's Explorer build thread

I'd love to see a swing out tire carrier setup. Nice work on the sliders too. Good usage of what you had to work with.
  4. N

firearm storage

"Rock holster"
  5. N

I shattered a zf5 case on a rock once, does that count?
  6. N

So after some research it looks like the 4r70w trans should be just fine for stock 5.0 power and 37" tires. Only thing I'm still researching is a transfer case. Obviously is money was no object an atlas would be the way to go. Maybe I'll look for a used one...
  7. N

Yes thank you, I am aware. This isn't my first rodeo. I was just more wondering about over all strength, i tend to break hard parts in automatic transmissions. There's only 2 transmissions I've owned I haven't broken, a 4l80e, and a Toyota R151F.
  8. N

So I just read 16 pages of a 5 speed swap. Looks like I'll be looking for a 98+ 5.0, just in case i decide to go that route. Thanks for answering my noob questions.
  9. N

firearm storage

In a holster on my waist, also in a holster in my boot.
  10. N

So look for a later 5.0 is my best bet? Like 97+? Do all the 5.0's have the same auto trans? And are those auto trans pretty decent?
  11. N

So, I know this has been asked a 1000 times or more. But I'm looking to buy and explorer soon and there are very very few 5.0's near me for sale. Just wondering if I should hold out for a 5.0 or if I find a good deal on a 4.0 if I should grab it? Has to be 4x4 for me and will end up with an SAS...
  12. N

Hot Starting problem '95 Explorer

I personally would start at square 1 and make sure its got decent compression and maybe even do a leak down test on it. And do the compression test with the engine cold. It could have a cracked ring that's sealing up when the engine is warm. Just a thought.
  13. N

Open to Locker? Aussie or Powertrac

I know I'm new here but I've been wheeling on the Rubicon for over a decade now. Hands down, the Aussie locker is king. When they're locked they're like a spool and unlocked they're just like an open diff, minus the slight clicking on occasion. And the best thing is that they actually lock when...
  14. N

Hello

Hey gang my name is Mike (dur) but I'm thinking about coming over to the explorer world from the Toyota and Chevy world. No I don't have big brand loyalty, I use what ever parts will work best on my rigs. :) Just doing some pre-purchase research right now. Looking at a 2nd gen or maybe even 1st...
Back