Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

To buy or wait

Seems like the initial production problems and delays with explorers hitting the lots are gone, but there seems to be quite a few posts about issues with the new explorers ranging from annoying noises to more serious issues. I was set to pull the trigger on a platinum in a few weeks, but now I...
  2. S

Private offers/rebates

Was told by the GM of the dealership we are working with that ford is doing an additional $1000 customer loyalty rebate on the 2020 explorer for those trading a vehicle in. He said it hasn’t made it to the ford website yet, but they were notified about it today and it is active in their system...
  3. S

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Is the only difference between purchasing the ESP through Joel and through Flood ford the ability to finance it out with Joel or is there something else?
  4. S

Private offers/rebates

I have been messing around on the ford website and others that were mentioned since yesterday and haven’t gotten any pop ups with the private offers. Any idea if these are just not as frequent now as they once were or if I am just not lucky? Thanks in advance.
  5. S

2020 Ford Explorer has top secret problems disrupting dealer delivery

In our hunt for a new platinum I have started seeing some show up in the mix at dealerships near me that have early June and late July build dates. I am guessing that those were some held back for issues.
  6. S

Private offers/rebates

Thanks for relocating my post. Just finished reading through all the posts. Looks like I am behind the curve by a month or so. Maybe something new will pop up.
  7. S

Private offers/rebates

I have been reviewing some of the threads and seen postings in regards to private $1250 and $750 offers being used for the 2020 explorer. In the past I have gotten those and used them by requesting brochures through the ford website. I did that a few months ago since we are in the market for a...
  8. S

Test drive of 2020 limited seemed jerky

I really appreciate y’all taking the time to respond to my posting. I thought about trying to rent a limited or xlt for a weekend and see if I noticed it after driving it for more of an extended time, but most the rental companies here just have the 2019’s. Thanks again.
  9. S

Test drive of 2020 limited seemed jerky

I currently have a 2016 explorer limited and have had two prior limited models before the 2016. My wife and I are in the market for a 2020 and recently test drove a limited. I was really surprised that during the drive the ride seemed jerky is the best way I can describe it when accelerating and...
  10. S

2016 Platinum Late Production?

That's crazy. Over two months after being built you still don't have it and you are 2 hours from where they are made.
  11. S

I was visiting with a GM at a local ford dealership the other day and the topic changed to why the vehicles take so long to ship at times. He said ford use to actually own a lot of rail cars used to ship the vehicles. Apparently there was an issue with them loosing some inventory to a flood of...
  12. S

Sounds like fedex and ups have a better system set up to track a $5 package. Maybe ford should go visit them and learn something so they can track their $50,000 plus vehicles. From the looks of things ups and FedEx have a better track record of delivering a package undamaged also. Ha.
  13. S

Holdback on a ford is actually 3% of total msrp minus delivery fee. All the plans are the vehicle price for ford employees and businesses that are members that qualify for those deals. Google any of the plans and it will tell you how that price is calculated and who can qualify for it. I don't...
  14. S

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

If it makes you feel any better I waited 3 months for mine to arrive and when it finally did it had major paint flaws. Reordered vehicle last week and even with a priority 1 status the next available build date is first week in December so for our loyal patronage to ford we got sent to the back...
  15. S

Disappointed in Ford

Regardless of when it happened the dealerships have specific individuals that are responsible for inspecting these vehicles when they arrive at their respective dealerships. Any issues should be address professionally by their body shop people before a customer is ever called to come sign the...
  16. S

Disappointed in Ford

Lots of issues with the paint on these new 16 explorers. All comes down to poor quality control at the factory and the vehicle intake at these dealerships. Everyone realizes these cars get moved a lot during transport and at the plant but they need to be fixing these things before we take delivery.
  17. S

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Update: Asked my dealer to try and find me another one and told them to leave off the trailer option as we rarely use it and it appeared to be limiting our pool of choices. I looked on internet myself and found one close to the same options. Asked dealer to call and check the mileage and...
  18. S

I PM you Ford Service. Just so you are clear my paint damage is all over car except the lift gate. Learned today that the runny looking paint was the actual paint and not the clear coat. They are going to have to repaint the whole back right quarter panel, back right rear door and the whole...
  19. S

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

Can the factory led fog assembly be ordered from the parts dept and installed after the fact or is it different wiring?
  20. S

Blwnsmoke, Thanks for the post. I have only been on the board a short time but it appears you have been around for a while and have a lot of ford knosledge. When I talked to general manager at dealership yesterday they stated they should have caught it as well but indicated that since it was...
  21. S

Well my visit to pick up my new explorer went about like the rest of special ordering a vehicle from ford, horrible!! Got to the dealership and saw that the spot I referenced in my prior post still remained even though the dealer said they were going to buff it out and it was only oil. Upon an...
  22. S

Paint Issues - Non Hood

New explorer paint issue My 2016 limited finally arrived at my dealer from plant this weekend so I stopped by today to look at it before going in tomorrow to sign paperwork. While at dealership which was closed I noticed several spots/lines on the back right quarter panel that had the...
  23. S

You have to wait until a railcar number and railroad company is populated on the visibility report in order to track it further. The convoy number doesn't assist at all in tracking.
  24. S

I found the ETA doesn't mean jack until it is actually on train. I got multiple ETA dates after it got build and for a month it sat at the plant already built. It then changes to TBD listed in ETA spot. Finally called my dealership and made a little noise after others built after mine got...
Back