Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Steering shaft extension (any help appreciated)

IDK if it is different on the 4th gens, but on 3rd, there is some sort of pushfit type bearing bushing under dash, if after wards you get a small amout of play in steering wheel, slight clinking you'll have to check that it did not slide out. I was able to physically get mine back in with alot...
  2. D

2002 XLT hood will not unlatch

Use a long flat screwdriver or pry bar with a pointed end, and manually release it. Cable may have broke, may have streched, ect. But you should be able to pry it over to release. I had to do it when my front end got caved in by a tree falling across front end.
  3. D

Anyone try these long travel front CV axles?

300 rusting in the garage, the paperwork in boxes said something about a Datsun. Anyway they don't fit mine, Trakmotive never replied to emails, was too late to return to RA, Anyone does have a use for them pm me, they are shorter than stock extended, IDK if wrong item in box, or wrong label...
  4. D

2003 Ford Explorer Cranks But No Start

Could you elaborate a little more on this because I have same issue, crank no start, and parts dealer said the inertia switch almost never goes bad. I've yet to check rail pressure, and change fuel filter. (My highest suspect atm)
  5. D

Pics of my "22 BadSquatch build.

I know this has been modded, but what I am interested in, is the ordering process. As we all know the chip shortage has inflated the prices of these big time. The only way to get A-Plan pricing is though ordering a vehicle. Obviously the dealer will help with that, but, going to Fo Mo Co...
  6. D

2003 Explorer XLT 4.0V6 4WD Automatic - No Start problem

Replaying for posterity, since I replied above without quoting. What happened with yours? new motor or new vehicle?
  7. D

2003 Explorer XLT 4.0V6 4WD Automatic - No Start problem

I have just recently had this same issue, wife was driving to work dash cluster went off then on like when battery dies with a dead alternator, I will have to try and see if i can turn it by the crankshaft tho. I could have a dead battery, I was jumping it with my work truck to get it to 13.5v...
  8. D

As of right now these aint worth a ****. Too ****ing short on the passenger side pulled with all my strength and couldn't get through the wheel bearing splines to get the axle nut on. Will be contacting tracmotive. Will put pics up later, looks like the moog struts will be in the way too.
  9. D

Squat After BTF Lift

Mine is a v6 so not alot weight in front, plus i had to chop off front end and replace from a tree falling on my hood driving down the road.
  10. D

Comparable PCM to 3L2A-12A650-AXB

Great, I bought mine off the lot in Jan of 03, Build date I think is Oct 02 iirc.
  11. D

Headlights

Multiswitch issue, afaict
  12. D

Do you have the BTF upper control arms? They were listed on rock auto but give me some time I'll go out to garage and get the actual skis off the boxes. Going to try and install today.
  13. D

Any recommendations other than Rockauto for lower rear control arm bushings?

Got em installed, the new knuckles on, (side note, you have to use the old parking brake attachments) rotated rear tires, just too tired to take of the jack stands and test drive. Plus really wanting to swap the front end long travels CVs first. Might have to wait a few weeks for those.
  14. D

What gear ratio would be the best for a 3rd gen looking to run 33’s?

I have 32s with 3.73 and I definitely notice the bog down. At 60mph on speedo I am going 66 or 67 mph actual according to GPS.
  15. D

Here they are in person. I couldn't pull the travel part by hand. Will have to install to see how much it goes.
  16. D

I did their kit is same as mine. Well Advance auto anyway. AutoZone is an 2 hour round trip. Got other side out yesterday. I'll get them long travel fronts CV axle pics soon.
  17. D

Well got the driver's side removed. And I'm wore out for the day. My ball joint set really isn't made for these bushings. Idk how I'm going to get the new ones in. Have a couple ideas but that will wait till Sunday most likely. Left is driver's right is passengers sides got drivers side out.
  18. D

I needed to replace a cv axle and wheel bearing, so I went with whole new knuckle, and that one cv axle got knocked apart by my idiot ex nephew in law back when I re did the suspension and lift. could never get it to hold the grease inside the boot. Plus Michigan salt, really killed the threads...
  19. D

I got the AC Delco ones. My HD ball joint ect removal kit, does not have the right size for the press side. the cup with a cut out in it fits on the other. I have determined a 28 mm impact socket should work best to press it through. I didn't have one improvised with a 1 1/4" socket night before...
  20. D

2WD to 4WD conversion?

Yep bought mine brand new too, in 03. I have had several deer collision repairs. One leaving for work early cause it was going to storm, and actually thinking it in my head that it would suck if a tree branch broke while I was driving down the road, because the wind was really picking up...
  21. D

Squat After BTF Lift

If I'm not mistaken the truck comes from the factory with front end rake. Rangers did for sure.
  22. D

Price is down, 130 each + shipping, brought it to just over 300 for both. Ordered.
  23. D

Levitown got back to me, said unfortunately there is no ford stock number, only sold with the lower control arm whole. Suggested 3rd party suppliers. so I am going with these, hopefully they fit. ACDELCO 45G11090 Will update when they arrive since they shipped DHL to USPS they won't arrive...
  24. D

2WD to 4WD conversion?

The bigger question is, did you buy this brand new and have a sort of attachment to it in particular? Or is the body and interior immaculate condition? Why not look for a 04 XLT or similar, with a V8 in it and use the 2wd as a parts vehicle? You should be able to find a decent used one for the...
  25. D

Doesn't look like Moog has that particular bushing. WO buying whole lower control arm.
Back