Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Any current/former Audi owners? (A4)

Bolded the problem. Chick buying high maintenance/care car! You know they don't change the oil but every 30,000 miles! Just kidding! :-P Although, the women in my family... do prove that to be correct. Although I do know, 2002 is one of the, not so good years, there is several common problems...
  2. J

S4s just a little out of my price range, like double it. Love them to, but Ill stick to the A4ordables...Geeze I am so witty. As for part's cost, I am prepared for that.
  3. J

I am looking into future options of smaller more professional cars and one that I have always like was the Audi A4. I was considering buying one when I was shopping around before my current ride. As always this forum has helped me with all kinds of car information, so I thought I would come...
  4. J

New Ride! Good bye 98 Explorer Sport!

Well I talked to my friend at the nearby Ford Dealership about mods and warrenty and he said Intake, Exhaust, Throttle body, nothing like that will void it. The throttle body will only Void the warrenty for THAT part is what he told me. I didn't ask him about the Flasher, but that can be changed...
  5. J

Ya my best friend has a plan to do that, he has an SRT-4 (ewww, domestic tuner). Good thing he's getting rid of it soon, he just got back from Iraq earlier today. Ill talk to the local dealers before doing anything, I also have 2 very good friends that work at one of the dealers, one is a...
  6. J

What kinda mods can I put on without voiding the warrenty? Never knew I would actually have one... And what mods will void it? So far I was planning on(assuming it wont void the warrenty) Mac or KKM Intake BBK Throttle Body Gibson S/S Exhaust BamaChips Excalibrator 2 Flex-A-Lite...
  7. J

First time posting pictures. The seller took these. Ill take more when I pick it up. And these pictures do not describe how perfect this car is in person.
  8. J

Hello Explorer Sport Trac! :eek: Well, I have been looking for the past month for a new ride and finally found a great deal! 2004 Explorer Sport Trac (2WD) XLT Premium Black (Monochromatic) Exterior 2 Tone Grey Leather Interior Power Everything 17,000 Miles Accident Free Still has...
  9. J

Rancho Pros/cons

I have Rancho RS5000's and I love them. They are a great buy, I got mine at Summit Racing for ~$38 Each. I forgot how much Bilestien's were there, I think ~$55 Ea? But they would definately be the best buy. If you do little off roading, I would say just get the Rancho's and save the extra cash...
  10. J

My Sport Trac with 37x14.5s

Bump. Bad ass ST, by far the coolest ST Ive seen yet. What, how much, and where did you get the Lift? I will be getting an ST in a month or 2 and I want it on 33's (2WD) cause I hate anything thats lowered that isnt insanely fast....
  11. J

Late Model Ranger 4x4 Problems?

Hey guys, just trying to do my research before getting my new truck. Heard a rumor and want to hear everyone elses opinion. I assume that the 4x4 is still the same on both Ranger and Expo in the late models (02+) as previous years so... You will have to forgive me since I didn't know what the...
  12. J

03 ford ranger speed

You CAN switch the limiter on and off. My friend is a Ford Tech and he DID rig it up to just an on/off switch. I don't know exactly what he did, but I've seen in first hand on the interstate, on he couldn't get past 95. Flipped the switch and could. He has a 98 Mazda B 3.0.
  13. J

Tranny and 4x4 Problems

Don't jump off the cliff and purchase a new one. The "module" they are talking about it simply the little electric shift motor that shifts it from Hi to Low. They are most likely dirty, not bad. If you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty go a head and clean it and give it a shot, its...
  14. J

03 ford ranger speed

1. Spindle is correct, its a limiter, can be very easily removed and added to a switch. My friend did it to his Mazda B. 2. I'm not sure about everywhere, but here in Florida, all of those "Radar Trailors" are all 3 Mph lower, even radar guns are. Its like a service factor... Could be the...
  15. J

98 4x4 Sport, Now power to front wheels

Ill post it here to... Well so far everything is doing great EXCEPT backing up with the wheels turned. They start to hop and stop and almost stall the engine. I have no clue what this is, its in 4Auto to. I dont know how to describe it other than above. Turning going forward and everything else...
  16. J

Wierd feeling 4 wheel drive

See I told you Im still learning... and now I need to learn what my problem is. Well I have a similar-sorta problem, that I really noticed today(badly)... Like I said above I just got my 4x4 working again. Well its been driving fine all yesterday and just today I go to back out of a parking...
  17. J

1998 Explorer 4x4 won't engage

Unless there is a difference between how long the battery is disconnected to do other things then reset the computer, you can unplug it for like 5 and get the same results... Correct me if Im wrong, but I unplug for that long and it resets.
  18. J

Wierd feeling 4 wheel drive

That happened to mine yesterday... Conincidently I fixed my 4x4 somewhat yesterday (wasn't working at all, no power to front wheels)... I have to rebuild the motor again so I can get 4 Lo back... Even though I rarely use it. Someone correct me if Im mistaken(still learning about Ex's 4x4)...
  19. J

I just started working on it now. Reset the computer, havent test drove it yet... But I the switch works with 4Auto and 4 High, 4 Low wont seem to engage so it looks like I may take the motor down and rebuild it yet again. I guess Ill just have to poke around... I haven't counted how many...
  20. J

98 EB Tranny, R. End problems....

Well, you are right thats too much MORE money to poor into the car. Blue Book value (4.0 EB 4x4 ALOT of extra's in Fair condition(Being Generous)) is worth $3755-trade in... Now from the problems you said, thats all typical trany problems... Tell her to take it to another place and have them...
  21. J

98 4x4 Sport, No power to front wheels Alright here we go... My 4x4 hasnt fully worked for awhile(the motor has been going bad, rebuilt twice now) but I had power to the front and the back wheels still. Well, recently, about 3 weeks ago I lost power to the front wheels completely. I am...
  22. J

Replacing Upper Balljoints, tips?

Thanks for the advice. And sorry for putting under "wrong" forum. I originally was writing up a post for any advice on Rancho RS5000 Shocks and balljoints, if there was any tricks, but figured I didn't need any info on shocks so I deleted that part. I wasn't able to get to ball joints today...
  23. J

Replacing Upper Balljoints, tips?

This will be the first time tackling upper ball joints, I don't see any difficulty. I already bought the parts from Discount Auto Parts, they came with the upper control arm and the balljoint already pressed in place(Its the single part control arm), now I heard from a buddy of mine to chain the...
  24. J

4x4 Not Engaging (Part 2)

First, I searched but to no avail(this is different) This one is a little bit different then I had before. I cleaned my shift motor like 2 weeks ago, it worked for about a week. Then went back to its original problem. Took it back off yesterday and cleaned it (surprised so much carbon was on...
  25. J

Altezza question

Altezza means Tacky... It makes perfect senses... "Buy Altezza Tail Lights!" = "Buy Tacky Tail Lights!"... **Disclaimer** Reply is from a ranting lunatic with taste. That which is written it to be taken light hearted and must remember its all in good fun. Dont flame me! :P
Back