Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Removing passenger fender

I got it done today, it was a piece of cake! I couldnt get the dent out to well but Im looking for one in white to replace it soon. While I was working on it I did the plugs and I have to say this truck was the easiest vehicle I have ever changed plugs on.
  2. T

Removing passenger fender

Does anyone have any knowledge of removing the passenger side fender from a 2004 explorer its the V6 if it matters. I am trying to help out a friend and since I used to have an explorer and I was on here all the time I figured where better to ask? Thanks in advance, Jon.
  3. T

Heater only works at high speed

Yeah hes right its 99% the resistor I had to change the one in my EX times.
  4. T

HELP! catalayic converters???

Hey guys I know Im not on here much anymore since I do not have an Explorer but I need help for one of my friends. He has a 2004 explorer v6 that had a slipping transmission, he didnt listen to me when he asked what he should do. He brought it to Ford under extended warranty and they contracted...
  5. T

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

When I had to you a jack like that I lined it up with the bumper bracket and did one side at a time. bumper didn't bend or mis align at all for future reference.
  6. T

My Surprise!

I say once they fix your Ex put there blazer back where it was stuck, or stick it somewhere even better haha, but seriously despite the wife thing I would persue for the bill to have it back the way it was when you left.
  7. T

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

I havent been on here in a long while , but this does suck. It doesnt look that bad though. Time for some 31x10.5's and maybe a locker , I would say bigger tires but if you want to keep what little gas milage you have I wouln't go much bigger then that.
  8. T

whered you mount these?/ what grille gaurd do you have?

I have a manic 4x4 frame mounted grill guard in black for sale in pretty good shape its just missing the headlight guards which you can replace from a junkyard or maybe some one one here. I have the right side but not the left. Im looking for 130+shipping it has 10,000lbs tow hooks mounted to...
  9. T

jt's wife

we now have a mr ans mrs smith haha i crack myself up sometimes, anyway welcome to boards have fun with them.
  10. T

drop plates and jumpin not a good combo

I cant get the video to work, any ideas?
  11. T

I found this on ebay thinking of ordering

It does fit directly into the bulb socket then the ballast plug into the existing bulb socket. Yes it would eliminate the high beam but with all the added light its not likely to need the high beams. They make bi-xenon kits which allow you to keep your highs but they are a lot more expensive.
  12. T

Are these any good?

I will be going to the ups store today to get you the quote.
  13. T

Are these any good?

can you please do $225+ shipping? Im in a tight spot, Ill throw in a amp wiring kit (10g) power/ground, and rca's. (used) but its all there.
  14. T

Are these any good?

I originally was trying to get info on them but then I got a possible offer and well I know I don't need the equip but I do need cash in a bad way, so I guess this thread has veared off topic. Well pics are up tell me what you guys think. BTW: amp specs are 90w per chanel or 180 bridged.(2 ch)
  15. T

Are these any good?

Will do, If he doesnt take them , its open bidding lol. I also have a kenwood single cd with 1 set of pre amp outs and sirius ready, and a alpine with one set of preamp outs that are in great shape $50 each. 1 more thing, a rockford 2g amp wiring kit but no ground wire(needed it) includes power...
  16. T

I am trying to keep it as low cost as possible, yeah I know but I believe they are being shipped from hong kong so I dont know if 36$ is a lot for shipping. Plus a lot of people lower the item price and raise the shipping price so they do not have to pay ebay so much.
  17. T

Are these any good?

Im not sure , there is 2 of them in a box with an ample amp mounted on the back. They sound really good, not overly loud but really clean. It's to 10's and they are black rubber sourounds and the cone has to red CV logo on them.
  18. T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H4-H7-9004-9005-9006-9007_W0QQitemZ160024716700QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I found these on ebay and other prices that are comparable I was thinking about ordering them , I mean for the price if they only last 2 years...
  19. T

Are these any good?

sold to you with kenwood radio? single cd and 1 set of pre amp outs for 250? neg. plus shipping?200 with out radio? and if you need amp wiring kit let me know I have some stuff for that too.
  20. T

Are these any good?

I recently got a car from a friend for free and it came with a system but I am not sure on how great the stuff is, I am putting my old system in there and taking this out but I wanted to know what kind of quality this stuff was. So its 2 Cerwin Vega 10" subs and an Ample 2 channel amp, any...
  21. T

new system questions

As mentioned stay away from sony. They over rate their products and they do kind of suck IMO, Save a few more dollars and go with something you will be happy with. Also mentioned don't go with dual because you will be let down after the cool factor wears off. If you dont have a ton of money to...
  22. T

Glacier needs some front driveline help!

I would suspect the auto hubs as well 221K on them is amazing. An easy way to tell is to pop it into 4x4 while slowly driving and see if it stops or changes the sound of the clicking. Does it sometimes go click click click bzzz click? thats what mine were doing for a while before they went...
  23. T

? Replacing blower motor

He's right lol, I now have nice shiny new ones. (the bottom one is the most dropped, may want to use a magnitized tip screw driver)
Back