Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mikey98Ex5.0

General 4th Gen Questions

Hey everyone, I finally found a clean 2009 Limited with pretty much all the options I was looking for, mainly the 4.6L V8. It has 127.5K miles and it runs pretty nice. Rides much better then my old '98. I plan to replace all fluids like front and rear diffs, trans, transfer case, power...
  2. Mikey98Ex5.0

2009-2010 6R transmission question

Hey guys, I currently have a 1998 Explorer with the 5.0 but sadly she’s getting tired and rusty. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a 2009-2010 Limited with the 4.6L. From what I’ve read, it looks like the 2006-2008 had the 6R60 and the 2009-2010 got the 6R80? I like that the 6R80 sounds like...
  3. Mikey98Ex5.0

Want to buy: 99+ evap canister bracket

Anyone have a 99+ evap charcoal canister bracket laying around? The one on my 98 is pretty much rotted off and the canister is probably going to fall any day now. Let me know!! Thanks!
  4. Mikey98Ex5.0

Front end noise diagnosis; help needed

Hello everyone. Last week my Explorer started making this loud metallic noise in the front end. I replaced the drive cv axle and no change. I took the front diff out thinking that may be it but everything inside looks ok, no big metal peices, no worn gears. I then took the cover off the tcase as...
  5. Mikey98Ex5.0

2000 Explorer CV Axle Question

Hello, working on my brothers 2000 Explorer. I noticed this seal appears to be not seated correctly. This is how it looked when I took the hub off. What exactly is this seal for? I haven’t seen one like it before on a CV axle. Is it some kind of hub seal? And would it require a new axle if the...
  6. Mikey98Ex5.0

Cam Sync question

Hello, I recently started getting the dreaded cam sync chirp so I ordered a new Motorcraft one from Rockauto, the only problem is a didn’t realize I clicked 1999 Explorer instead of 1998 like I have and I have come to realize they are different. The 98 has the half moon shutter and the 99 has...
  7. Mikey98Ex5.0

4R70W 1-2 accumulator spring

Does anyone have a Ford part number for the 1-2 accumulator spring? The truck will kind of “kick” into 2nd gear and after doing plenty of research it seems my 1-2 accumulator spring may be bad. Also this is the truck that was in a front end collision and I have it pretty much done now besides...
  8. Mikey98Ex5.0

WTB: 2nd gen passenger fender

Looking for a 2nd gen passenger fender in Red with grey lower accent. Need one for the truck in my profile pic due to an accident. If anyone has one let me know!
  9. Mikey98Ex5.0

1998 explorer front end repair

Has anyone ever replaced their inner fender support and radiator support? I had someone pull out in front of me and I T-Boned them. I bought the truck back and intend to repair it. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the parts (not the fender or hood I can go to a junkyard) and if...
  10. Mikey98Ex5.0

Flowmaster super 44 for a 5.0

Does anyone here run a Super 44 with the stock downpipes? I want to make sure I get the right part. I’m curious if the 2 inlets on the muffler are the same space apart as the stock pipes. I have TM headers and want more sound. Any help is appreciated.
  11. Mikey98Ex5.0

4R70W fluid leak.

Hi everyone. My 1998 Explorer has a trans fluid leak somewhere. It’s hard to tell but it looks like it could be toward the front of the trans? It looks wet around the bottom of the bell housing, my rear main seal does leak slowly though. Are there any common leak points on these transmissions?
  12. Mikey98Ex5.0

Odd looking TM headers?

So I was bored today and was looking thru “completed” auctions on eBay for TM headers and stumbled on these? What’s up with the driver side? Never seen that design before.
  13. Mikey98Ex5.0

1998 5.0 coolant type?

Hello, everyone. I think it's about that time to do a good coolant flush and refill on my 5.0 Explorer. What kind of coolant do you guys recommend? Any tips on the best way to do a flush and fill on these trucks?
  14. Mikey98Ex5.0

99+ bumper for a 98 XLT

Hello, guys. Just a quick question. How hard would it be to swap a 99+ bumper on to my 98? I've always liked the 99+ a lot better, I remember seeing a thread about it awhile back but I can't find it. Thanks!
Back