Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Performance accesories 3 inch body lift

Hey looking too see if nanyone has done the Performance accessories 3 in body lift on first Gen automatic explorer . Lost the directions during my recent move and looking to get a step by step if someone has done it already or has a PDF of of the instructions . Any help would be great since the...
  2. L

werid start up

I went to start this morning and wouldnt start like a dead battery but the battery is new and tested fine bing at 12.7 ... but everytime i went to start the rig i would hear gurgaling sounds coing from the gas tank .. and after turning the key on and off for about 4-5 times the rig would start...
  3. L

Driver side Rear relays

IM Looking for my rear defrost relay and looking through this old threads found that its in the driver rear panel of my 92 eddie . But along with the 4x4 control module their are 3 relays . I was wondering which was the rear defrost and what were the other 2 relays . So i can label and make...
  4. L

Transmission dying going into gear

so lately i have been having the issue of when i go start me explorer starts fine and idles fine , cranks over and after it gets to temp and go to put it into reverse it will just die and stop idling and will have to put it in park and start it over again . I can get it to go if i goose it...
  5. L

diagnosis of codes and sensor readings

So in my last post / ramble i was having so wiring or mechanical issues.. still cant make heads or tails of my findings or where to go from here .. so far i popped open the chilton manual and tested every sensor that is related to emissions or related to the codes i pulled when having problems...
  6. L

The bog and die curse

So i have been plagued with this curse for some time now and orignally started in 2015 did some fixes with sensors and throttle bodies and got it fixed to a point for it will run n drive moat codes went away other than one. Which was 124 i believe i talked to FR on the forum and told me i...
  7. L

Radio /dimmer wiring and electrical help

So i have a 92 explorer with a electric fan installed and had power coming off the old compressor wire since i did a ac delete. a while back and recently came up with some electrical crap . found out that when running the electric fan on the old ac power that it draws too much and when i go to...
  8. L

Temp gauge ..

Hey all, so I have a slight problem not really a issue but I installed the monster cooling electric fan on my 92 Eddie bauer . The temperature sending unit for the gauge was swapped with basically a temperature switch for the fan . So now I don't have a temp gauge to see how hot I'm getting or...
  9. L

Aftermarket in take fuel pump ??

Hey so i have a 92 and have a bbk 66 mm throttle body plan on putting in a new 422 comp cam , heads from tom moranna , ss headers , 3 inch intake into the K&N filter ( i know no filter jokes) and screamin demons coil and injectors are stock size but 4port instead of single port .. with all...
  10. L

transfer case upgrades>?

Hey my dudes was open for possible transfer case upgrades with its better to rebuild , buy new ,etc .. I'm thinking of buying new but I'm just starting to dip my toes in the aftermarket transfer case world . any help would be much appreciated . its stock now figured since im ganna be doing...
  11. L

1992 explorer front diff upgrades>?

hey all i just bought yukon gear posi trac rear diff 8.8 31 spline for the rear and was wondering if there is anything of the sort for the front diff of my explorer. or if its worth the time upgrading from stock .
  12. L

performance heads >?

sup yall , im in the market for new cylinder heads and looking for something new and not the re-manufactured stuff thats out there. ones that are heavier than stock ( so they dont warp as easy) ported and bowl work >? i saw that mahl made heads in the early 2000s but dont any more and can...
  13. L

Random C.E.L 124 problems

So i have a 1992 explorer Eddie Bauer modified > 66mm BBK throttle body that i have going into a 3 inch metal intake coming off the stock MAF housing ,still using the stock air filter box with a K&N filter then underneath have a 3 inch tubing kinda replacing the stock ram air scoop going into...
  14. L

Heater problems

when my car is in park heater dosent blow ( which is fine ) i have it in the off position on the switch . but when i start driving the heater starts to blow out air out of the vents even though its in the off position . i dont have AC anymore i did a AC delete . havent had to much time to ****...
  15. L

Ram air ducting

Hey quick question , i see the ram air that also has a tube coming off the header that goes into the air cleaner box. Whats the main purpose of the tune coming off the header ? And could i just eliminate that and make a solid arm air intake alone Part number DUCT-9N673 for visual reference
  16. L

Mass air intake tube upgrades ?

Hey all , was doing research and though that id give it a try for gains . But everywhere i go places either dont have anything or the company is no long around . I have a 1992 explorer EB and was curious if you can point me in the direction of where to go and which ones to buy n try .. withwr...
  17. L

Larger mass air flow sensor

Hey there guys so like the thread says I'm looking to buy a larger mass airflow sensor for my 1992 ford explorer eddie bauer edition. I've seen other posts about this I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here but I'm hoping to get a solid lead on where to buy a larger aftermarket mass airflow...
  18. L

Hard cold start bad gas mileage

Hello everyone so lately I have been having trouble with my 92 x eddie bauer edition. When I start it up cold it it kicks over fine and runs and idles but after 2-3 mins then it starts to lower the idle then starts to bog until it cuts out and kills the motor. I'll restart it and will be fine...
  19. L

How many and how to replace oxygen sensor

Hey whats up guys need help looks like I just have one oxygen sensor ? But I just want to make sure . I have a 1992 explorer eddie bauer edition. And is it as easy as undoing it with a wrench? I have read in Chilton manual that I might have 2-3 oxygen sensors but I can only see the one in...
  20. L

Egr vavle

Yo I ha e a 1992 ford explorer eddie bauer edition and at cold start up it wants to run good keep idle then 2-3 minutes will want to spudder like it's not getting gas or something and then die .replaced some parts got it going again then .This morning I had to get a jump and tested the battery...
  21. L

Engine code 121 & 542

So I hooked up my engr code reader and got some new ones Code 121 o ( closed throttle voltage higher or lower than expected ) *how do I solve this problem ??? Code 542 c ( fuel pump secondary circuit fault ) ** how do I solve this issue ??? Please help me this is my only car...
  22. L

Transmission issuies 1992 ford explorer eddie bauer edition

Okay first time on here but have always gone on here for advise . I have a 1992 ford explorer eddie bauer edition 4x4 i recently just replaced the TPS and IAC and MAF due to a high idle at start up( turn the key and it would get it self going up to 3000 rpms without me touching anything) in...
Back