Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Squealing noise while driving!

I'm betting you have a 5-speed. It sounds like your throw-out bearing. Mine started making the noise yesterday on my way home. By the time I pulled in my driveway (35 miles) my clutch went to the floor from wearing out the fingers..
  2. B

Driver side power door lock switch inop

Yeah, I know...diggin' up bones....but I resurrected this Explorer after sitting 3 years due to a bad T/C and found a bunch of other issues. Explorerforum.com rocks, and has saved me so much headache.
  3. B

Driver side power door lock switch inop

disconnect battery... on the top of the barrel, find a plastic plug and remove it. under it is a 10mm bolt head. unscrew the bolt and see the plug begin to drop down. unscrew it until the bottom section comes completely loose from the top section. cut the wire tie around the boot, and then...
  4. B

GEM swap for an electric 1354

People on here don't seem to understand the concept of working with what you've got. There is a thread on here about switching the GEM. It's pretty involved. I'd love to see a clearer answer though.
  5. B

How to: The Borg Warner 4405 Transfer Case Rebuild Diary

Digging up bones... Thank you for this post. It will be much appreciated in the days to come. One correction however. The AWD is a magnesium case. You mention it's all aluminum.
Back