Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Minimum effort for timing chain cassette

Ok guys if I was to look at changing the timing chain cassette on the front of the SOHC engine what would be the bare minimum I would need to remove to get the old one out and the new one in? If you would just replace the cassette what would be the recommendation! Remembering this explorers in...
  2. P

Oil leak from the front diff

Hi sorry for the late replay it's the drive shafts not the prop input shaft! Any how's I have got the seals from rock autos price wasn't too bad either
  3. P

Oil leak from the front diff

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows the size of the front right oil seal on the front diff? Mine has dicided to leak and good old ford uk don't have them and don't know if they will ever have them again
  4. P

Steering shaft

It's the rubber boot/gaitor that goes over the universal joint! However I have just cut it off for the time being
  5. P

Replacement key fob

Ford transit remotes work too and they are ten to a penny
  6. P

ARC sensor and lift

Was told its trial and error! I built some shackles with a 2 inch lift and used a nylon wedge of aprox 1.5 inch this seemed to work for me!
  7. P

Alternator needed

Hey up guys Anyone know where to get an alternator from in the midlands area like tomorrow? Mine has just given up the ghost and proper died!! It's the 4 g version for a 2000 explorer
  8. P

Modifying 2001 northface

If you raise the car and it has air suspension you will also need to add an extension piece the the suspension switch or you will keep getting the warning light. wouldnt add performance mods unless you know the history of the engine! For the UK anyway they have enough poke!
  9. P

Engine rattle!

Yeah the pulley nut was a pain but the alternator split really easy bearings where standard sizes and only cost £3 in total! The slip ring isn't the easiest thing to change as it had signs of wear however the truck has 116k and it was only worn a mm trying to take measurements I think I have...
  10. P

Engine rattle!

I have a garage just round the corner! A few mince pies and he buzzed it off and back on again!! Result!! Should be fitted tomorrow!
  11. P

Rover part numbers v6 4.0 SOHC

To be honest mine is too thought I had the timing chain rattle however it was completely no from the alternator area turns out my alternator rear bearing had 2 MM. of play in it!!! And my idler pulley was about ready to drop off!!! Ran the engine with out these connected and it was a sweet as a...
  12. P

That could be the new overfinch???? Lol I have thought about rebadging Tonka??
  13. P

Thanks for this!!
  14. P

Engine rattle!

Managed to replace the idler pulley bearing with no issues I have taken the tension off to inspect and it is leaking grease also check the alternator and the rear bearing has a tone of play in it! Is there any way to remove the pulley from the shaft without and impact driver?
  15. P

driver seat switch

If that the case you are gonna have to pull the old one to have a look and see
  16. P

Engine rattle!

To be totally truthful I have ordered the idler pulley as it does look worn! I just haven't striped an alternator before! So bearing from bearing supplier would do it?
  17. P

Replacement Audio Unit

I just ordered a ford harness from eBay works great just remember you will need the areal connector too!!
  18. P

driver seat switch

The switches on the chair will normally be stand a lone with a seat harness that connects to the main car harness!
  19. P

Engine rattle!

Ok guys I have been hearing a rattle that I initially thought was the timeline chain rattle however it was coming from the front on the left ( as you look from the front of the truck) so I bought a stethoscope and had a listen to the engine around the tensioner's and on them. Ther wasn't any...
  20. P

engine timing tools needed 4.0 SOHC

What parts have you available? How come your breaking the doner car? Undyexplorer?
  21. P

Thanks axle I will now get on a d have a crack at these!! Will be one of my first welding projects!!
  22. P

who fixes engines now?

Could it be the water pump that the issue I have hear that the water pump when the bearing starts to go can make a rattle noise also will start to leak coolant! I have just got a stethoscope and I have noise on the idler pulley and tensioner no noise from either the front tensioner or rear! The...
  23. P

Hi I would also be interested in knowing what is needed to make the kit!!
  24. P

Battery Drain

I can vouche for that one!! Bloody kids!!!!
  25. P

Control Arms

Rock autos are really quick getting stuff over the pond too
Back