• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Where Should I Get An Alignment Done?

Where Should I Get An Alignment Done?
  2. T

What Is This Noise?

3. T

What Is This Noise Coming From Left Rear Wheel? (Started After Hitting Pothole)

Took the wheel and rotor off and it still makes the noise! That literally only leaves the wheel bearing? It's only a year and a half old SKF!
  4. T

Swapping Out Rear Differential Assembly

I'm going to need to swap out my rear differential with one from a junkyard soon. Anyone have any advice on doing the swap? Mainly I need to know the easiest way to create enough clearance to pull the rear axles out. The vehicle will be up on jack stands in the rear although I'd prefer to...
  5. T

Cold Start Issues

Since the nights have gotten cooler I have started experiencing a problem the first start of the day. It will start right up, run for 3 seconds then die. Start again right up and runs a little rough then smooths out. Also sometimes these first starts have been real slow like there is a huge...
  6. T

Unresponsive Transmission

Went to go get my mail today (about 1/4 mile down the road) and when I put the snifter in D after checking the mail to head back nothing happened. Had to walk back to the house then push it back with another car. All the electronics seem to be functioning the same as they were before it...
  7. T

Starting to Run a Little Hot...and it's not even summer yet...

Last summer coolant temp was hitting 220 on 105 degree days. Well now on a 86-90 degree day I'm hitting 218 already. It goes down to 195-205 when moving along at 60mph. The transmission is also hitting 225 when it's been running 175 all winter. Also the a/c high pressure cut off engages after...
  8. T

Got Stranded Today...

9. T

Odd Fuel Level Sending Unit Problem

Had 1/8 a tank and topped the tank off at like $46 at $2.36/gal got in and started it and the gauge did not move. Over the drive home it slowly made it up to 1/2 a tank. Is my sending unit bad or is the ballcock just sticking/binding? I was thinking of putting in E85 next fill up to try to...
  10. T

Front Wheel Bearing

My left front wheel bearing is not loose yet but I can feel it grinding in the steering wheel enough to make my fingers numb on a long drive. I am not in a position to afford a SKF or Motorcraft right now. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with any of the following that I can afford?
  11. T

Where To Get Rear Wheel Bearing Replaced at a Decent Price?

Anyone know what a rear wheel bearing replacement should cost and who is the cheapest. Only want SKF or Motorcraft. I was thinking of checking a Ford dealer first since I've heard other places don't know how to to them properly.
  12. T

Ran Out of Wiper Fluid Without Warning...

Went to clean my windshield and only a little fluid came out then nothing. I thought these vehicles have a light to tell you when it's getting low? I see one in the dash, do I have a bad sensor or do only the higher trims have the sensor?
  13. T

Solved Odd A/C Problem ****SOLVED****

I'm usually the A/C guru around here but this has me stumped, I've never experienced this on anything before. The a/c is perfectly cold, most of the time, I've noticed lately my compressor cycles a lot while cruising down the highway and and creating enough load to feel it in the vehicle...
  14. T

Stuck? Right Rear Caliper

I noticed when hand washing my rims that my right rear outer brake pad is about 2mm from the metal backing plate. All other pads on the vehicle are at about 50%. This leads me to believe the slider pins are stuck and not the piston because if it were the piston both pads on the caliper would...
  15. T

What Caused This?!

So I was fixing this... and I noticed this... how would I even go about fixing this?
  16. T

Has Anyone Used 100 Watt High Beam Bulbs?

I was wondering if the stock wiring can handle them. High beam circuit looks to have a 20AMP fuse, which should be good for 240 watts... (fake ebay ones "claiming" 100W do not count, they are usually no more than 75W.)
  17. T

P0442 - EVAP system leak detected

I used to get this code about once a year, now I'm getting it monthly. Any known common fixes?
  18. T

My Christmas Present - New Hitch, Plug, and Brake Controller

CURT Class 3 Trailer Hitch #13550 - http://www.curtmfg.com/part/13550 CURT Brake Control Harness #51322 - http://www.curtmfg.com/part/51322 CURT Reflex Brake Control #51130 - http://www.curtmfg.com/part/51130 CURT 4-Way Flat Electrical Adapter with Tester #57676 -...
  19. T

Factory Window Tint

Does anyone know what % the factory window tint is on 1. The front sides windows and 2. all the rear windows? I am wanting to have my front sides tinted to match all of the rear. Also is there any such thing as permanent non film tint that can be added? Oh and before anyone mentions laws, my...
  20. T

Factory Speed Limiter

Had to go to ER last evening probably hit 90, got to thinking, what is the speed limiter set at on these things? It's not in the manual. I've always assumed Ford set their Trucks at 100 and their Cars at 120 or 130. A early 2000's F150 decided race me in my Turbo car a long time ago and as...
  21. T

Does My Wiring Diagram Have Rear Speaker Polarity Reversed?

I wired my system according to this diagram from Mitchell1 OnDemand5 ignoring the color matching of the Metra 70-1771 harness. I am finding that I actually have better sound running front only than I do with all 4, this should not be. I've been wondering if the diagram is incorrect and I should...
  22. T

My Explorer Left The Factory Missing Something...

...a 4x4 emblem...so I installed one: :D
Back