Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Wanted 16" OEM 2004 Explorer XLS wheels/tires

I'm selling the whole truck right now, can't seem to post it in the for sale forum but its on Craigslist locally if anyone is looking for a good truck, I'm happy to deliver it just about anywhere in the USA (no job right now so would be happy to go on a road trip)
  2. J

will 2006 rims fit 2004 truck, no problem?
  3. J

sorry bud, I lost the last post I responded to about tires/wheels last time I used Crown Vic wheels on my old '99 Exploder it didn't really look right, I'd prefer stock my local junk yard closed down, that place was great... I used to get great wheel/tires combos for like $35 bux each
  4. J

I need a set of 4 OEM 2004 Explorer 4-door: wheels/tires, in decent shape. Will be selling the truck after winter so I have a pretty tight budget. I'm happy to pick them up for the right price from the surrounding area PA/NY/NJ as I'm sure shipping is quite pricey. Similarly, if anyone...
  5. J

wheels and tires for sale

would they fit an '04 XLS no problem?
  6. J

Anybody in North Jersey with a Scan Tool?

I need help to determine which one of the ABS sensors or the speed control sensor is shot on a 2004 Explorer XLS. The ABS light is illuminated and the 4x4 High flashes occasionally. Based on what I read using search its one of the two problems listed above, the truck is out of warranty and...
  7. J

Ford wants to give you $500 bucks!

I'd like the $500 bux without buying a new Explorer. --Russ
  8. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

I live less than a mile from you... on top of the hill off Market. sounds like a mini-meet is in order! --Russ
  9. J

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

WTF? just talked to a guy that works for a dealership and he's suggesting the reason I can't see an IAC valve is because my truck doesn't have it... apparently its drive by wire. what else could be causing the truck to shake at idle (tach needle falls to about 500rpm) already...
  10. J

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

I can clearly see the shiny cylinder on our 99 V6 4.0L Explorer but on the 04 V6 4.0L Epxlorer I can't seem to find it (I'm probably looking right at it) can anyone post a diagram or a picture of the damn thing so I can diagnose the weird idle on my mom's truck? thanks, --Russ
  11. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

is that on McBride Ave? I like the bar you got on the front, do they have them in chrome for 2004? does anyone know? --Russ
  12. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

just got another one pix of the new to me '04 Expy XLS: no offroading for me but I'll be at the Wyckoff Cruise Nights every Wednesday --Russ :us:
  13. J

Door Ajar?

the damn light stays on permanently now... can't diagnose which door it is...
  14. J

Door Ajar?

I slammed the doors a few more times and everything is back to normal... I guess one sensor "froze" or something. --Russ
  15. J

Door Ajar?

I have a problem with the rear door. the key doesn't open the liftgate. I've never even opened the glass itself since I bought it. the only way I was able to open the liftgate was when one person pulls on the little lever inside and another uses the handle outside. --Russ
  16. J

Door Ajar?

that was my first thought so I slammed each door, including the rear hatch... still on. --Russ
  17. J

Door Ajar?

thanks!
  18. J

Door Ajar?

I've searched the forum and found its a problem on many explorers but didn't really get input on how to diagnose it properly without tearing all the doors apart so I figure I'd ask. So anyway, 1999 Explorer XL, light stays on the dash even with all the doors closed. Light stays on in the...
  19. J

MegaBurger Meet in PA January 11th

In the spirit of keeping New Year's resolutions we're heading out on a mini Road Trip to Clearfield, Pennsylvania for a taste of their Ye Olde 96'er (96oz burger) You are hereby cordially invited! Considering this trip is 6 hours from the outskirts of NYC that we'll be leaving early...
  20. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

a ton of Crown Vic guys use the Explorer alloy five spoke rims because they are cheaper than the original Crown Vic sport five spoke aluminum rims. I put the steelies on the Explorer because my family has 3 Crown Vics in the household so if anybody gets a flat its much easier and cheaper to...
  21. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

here's my little sister's Police Interceptor, lol --Russ
  22. J

ABS Acting up...

did a search and didn't find the solution so I'm posting about it with hopes of getting a good answer and possible solution. 1999 4x4 Explorer XL ABS seems to be malfunctioning. The light is always on. When we bought it recently the cable was unplugged. We plugged it back in, the ABS...
  23. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

d'oh! hello... I thought Fairfield was in Passaic, hell maybe even Morris Co... but Essex? lol boy was I mistaken. Anyway, you're close enough, anything local going on from this board? please keep me posted. --Russ :)
  24. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

I'm just curious.... I'm in Elmwood Park, Bergen Co... --Russ 99 Explorer XL
  25. J

'99 Expy XL 4x4 in North Jersey

Finally got my hands on an Explorer. Well, it was purchased for my sister but I have a feeling I'll be driving it a bunch in the winter. My little sis has demolished two cars so far, a '98 Taurus in a head on collision and a '98 Crown Vic in a rear end collision, so we got her something...
Back