Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

3rd gen pic's

2. 1

02-05 Custom Front Bumper

From what I see, only thing about that bumper is it sticks out a bit and the approach angle looks worse than a stock bumper. Maybe cut down on some of the bulk in front and slim some of the flat surface a bit.
  3. 1

3rd gen pic's

At the time all I had was 2"spacer up front and 1.5" rear. I did trim the front inner fender a bit though
  4. 1

3rd gen pic's

5. 1

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

I'm willing to pay, as I need a better setup than just the btf spacers and stock struts. I'm sure the monroes are beat to death after my last overland trip through Borrego. Crazy that I've push my Explorer through the same rough terrain that guys with icon and kings suspension(Toyota guys) went...
  6. 1

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

Reviving this thread from the dead lol! But did anyone else end up going this route? I'm looking to take my suspension to the next level and these seem to be the only option as far as bolt in coilovers with resi. Too bad it's only for a front setup.
  7. 1

3rd gen pic's

The yellow is supposed to penetrate through the fog better than white light. Don't know if that's true but for me I prefer the look of it that's all.
  8. 1

3rd gen pic's

I might of missed it but what about the fogs? Since I'm here.. I'm loving how the 285s look on the third gen!
  9. 1

3rd gen pic's

Mounted a set of 285/70 r17 BFG on the 3rd gen! No rubbing on just BTF 2" front and 1.5" rear spacers. Just a bit of trimming on the front of the fender well.
  10. 1

3rd gen pic's

Thanks! We usually get minimal snow here in San Diego. You just have to drive to the mtns. The Third gen explorer just looks right in the snow!
  11. 1

3rd gen pic's

I had my BTF lift for a almost 2 years now and no issues with my axles. But then again my spacer is only 2" in length. But I did have to change my passenger wheel hub last week. I couldn't stand the grinding and vibration coming from the front! I might just do the driverside as well.
  12. 1

3rd gen pic's

Here's my Mudslut! Lol
  13. 1

3rd gen pic's

I'll just break it down and answer individually: Wow, Can you talk a little about what's going on in the front there? - Of course! What more would you like to know about the front? Is this a 3rd gen? - It is a 3rd gen actually a 2004 Explorer XLT 4.0 Your grill doesn't look stock. - The front...
  14. 1

3rd gen pic's

My Explorer making its way through the canyons
  15. 1

3rd gen pic's

It's a Rola roof basket on stock rails
  16. 1

3rd gen pic's

OK nice! Do you have any vids with the lockers put to use? Would really like to see them in action!
  17. 1

3rd gen pic's

Looks so much better than before! Good job
  18. 1

3rd gen pic's

Me and my buddy ready to hit the trailsthis past labor day weekend
  19. 1

Question for those with cargo baskets

Your best bet is at the junkyard. I got mine off eBay but they were new unused for 60 shipped. But like SingleStack said, make sure you get all the mounting hardware especially the bracket inside the rail.
  20. 1

Rotopax is expensive compared to what I have now which is a POS leaky Briggs and Stratton 5gallon can. But I guess you get what you pay for and dealing with gas I'll pay a bit more. Plus it'll mount vertical and horizontally to fit many applications. I wish I can do a rear trunk drawer system...
  21. 1

That'll be a nice setup. I too am building mine up to a basic overland vehicle. For now I have just a hi-lift Jack and ARB awning mounted on the sides of the Rola rack. As for recovery gear traction jack folds up nicely and stored in the trunk along with a foldable shovel/pick. Have you looked...
  22. 1

With the extension the rack is almost 6ft long. Here's a pic without the extension And with the extension It does stick out about another 6-8" from the front of the factory rail.
  23. 1

Hey what's up man. I too am building my rig up for some overland trips. As of right now I'm running 2 stock cross bars with a Rola basket with extension and use the provided 4 stock mounts. So far the most I've loaded up top is a tent cot, another 4 man tent, 4 folding chairs, 5ft folding table...
  24. 1

3rd gen pic's

Some great looking 3rd gens posted lately! Let's keep'm coming!! Here's some recent pics of mine
Back