Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Garmin screwing up compass

I installed a Garman dash cam on the windsheld near the mirror on my 2010 Explorer. It has a steel plate, about 3/4 inch, attached to the windshield with adhesive, and a magnet on an adjustable arm attached to the camera. When the camera is mounted, the compass gets frozen in whatever...
  2. D

Key stuck in ignition

Thanks for the help on this. I'll be living with this problem for a while in the future, there is only 135,000 onit, and i plan on keepng it! Thanks sgsin.
  3. D

Key stuck in ignition

In an unrelated issue, I actually had the ignition key module fall off. Fortunately, I could put it back in and start the vehicle. A small tab on the side had broken off, releasing the module.
  4. D

Key stuck in ignition

In an unrelated issue, I actually had the ignition key module fall off. Fortunately, I could put it back in and start the viehi9. A small tab on the side had broken off, releasing the module.
  5. D

Key stuck in ignition

I have not found any permanent fix for this. It happens about once a month now, and I just have to live with it.
  6. D

Key stuck in ignition

I've tried moving it slowly, but it still happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. D

Key stuck in ignition

Thanks for the reply. The pin moves out much less often now, but I don't know why. It's summer here in Texas, so it's too hot for me to sit in the Explorer outside and tinker with it. Thanks again for the reply.
  8. D

Key stuck in ignition

I'll stick my nose in the area the next time I open it up. I don't know if the pin needs to move in and out to go into other gears. I suspect it needs to move because it isn't already fixed in place.
  9. D

Key stuck in ignition

Key stuck in ignition. It happened again today. A small pin seems to work its way out of place, and thid prevents the shift lever from locking in drive, and from losking in park. When this pin is sticking out, the key won't come out as well as you aren't locked in park. The suv can roll. I...
  10. D

Key stuck in ignition

There were previous posts about the key being stuck in the ignition, and the Explorer not going into park. This happened to my 2010 Explorer. I removed the cover for the shift counsel, and pushed the pin back in, allowing the key to come out and the vehicle to go into park. This has...
  11. D

Vanity light in sunvisor

Vavity light in sunvisor Thanks for the great information! Now I have choices and options. Fantastic!
  12. D

Vanity light in sunvisor

Rcflyer330, I'm afraid I wasn't too clear on what I was asking about. The advice you gave is right on the money for what I said, but it isn't what I wanted. I should have been much more clear and said that the vanity light is located in the passenger side sun visor, not the console. I...
  13. D

Vanity light in sunvisor

On my 2010 passanger side the vanity light no longer works. The plastic piece on the cover broke off long ago, but now the light is out. Any advice on replacing either just the light or the whole assembly?
  14. D

Fix for A/C Blowing Through Defroster

Jason, did you ever get clarivication on if this can be done through the glove box?
Back