Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2016 Explorer Sport Driver seat heater working for back but not seat?

I failed to provide a follow up. After reinstalling my driver's seat, the heater seems to be working fine. It might be worth a try to disconnect then reconnect the connector plugs under the seat.
  2. T

2013 Explorer front seat removal

I think one could remove it. Those two bolt hole brackets in the mid section are fastened from the top. the heads of screw or bolt must be next to seat cushion attaching to the white plastic net-like framework. I'm thinking that job is on the books at Ford service dept for 3-4hrs.
  3. T

2016 Explorer Sport Driver seat heater working for back but not seat?

Anyone get anywhere with this issue? My Driver's seat bottom cushion heat isn't working. Back is good. Passenger side it fine for bottom and back. I just had the seat out to try and figure out if I could T/s or see burned out wires or connector. No "smoking gun" in this case. And, the...
  4. T

2013 Explorer front seat removal

In case anyone needed pics, I added several; file names are in sequential order for seat removal. I just removed the driver seat in my '16 Explorer Limited in attempt to t/s the seat bottom cushion heater not working. To no avail, but I definitely got the seat out with little to no problem. I...
  5. T

Leaking Motor Mount

i learned something new this week: there are hydraulic motor mounts on the Explorer. It's been at least a dozen years since my shadetree mechanicing had me even looking at motor mounts- and those weren't hydraulic. I didn't know that was a thing. Sounds like they fail often. PA state safety...
  6. T

Anyone got a part number for a single horn (Low Tone) '16 Ex LTD

My '16 Limited Low tone horn died recently. I swapped the two devices around and sure enough: high tone horn works in either position. But, low tone unit is dead. LFD only seems to sell them as a pair/assembly and it's a little pricey for something that I only need 50% of at the moment...
  7. T

Rear Hatch / Liftgate

A TSB?! Look at that! I disconnected my hands free liftgate sensor years ago. If there was a professional communication method used by Ford to communicate these things to owners, I may have gotten it resolved under warranty. But, I was never informed about it. Even after letting dealer know...
  8. T

Noisy Tires 26k miles

I don't have the names and specific models of all my tires. But, I took delivery of my '16 Ex LTD in Oct 15 and I know I had to replace whatever was on it a lot sooner than I expected. Now, I'm due to replace my Michelin's (second set of tires on this vehicle) with only 67k on the car itself...
  9. T

2018 Explorer antenna

I have the same issue- fitting into the garage- I don't care much about radio, but I do care about GPS. I was considering trading in my '16 Ex LTD on a newer model, but this means I womwo be able to park it in the (outdated small-sized) garage. This is disappointing. I'm sure lots of buyers...
  10. T

WeatherTech floormats

We made the mistake of opting for the Ford all weather floor mats when we ordered our 2016 Ex LTD in late 2015. But, as soon as we took delivery, we saw that we needed to replace those mats with Weather Tech brand after market mate, like we had gotten in our 08 F150 Screw. They are a must in a...
  11. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I had a bit of an issue with the right side sliding pin. What appears to be the paasenger air bag bracket was blocking it from sliding into the release position. It wouldn't budge for me. I ended up accidentally breaking that hole in the glove box assy, because I tried to see if I could do...
  12. T

Window Weather Stripping Scuffed

i think I see it in your pic, and you have some bunching there also. TinMan's pic is just much closer up. upper right hand in your pic. the thin guide is between two weather strips running vertically? I found a pic of mine from last December and it's noticeable too. Though, I've never...
  13. T

2016 Explorer Limited questions?

ordered my 16 Ex Ltd in Aug '16. don't pay Ford for weatherproof floor mats. Get WeatherTech instead (order online). SYNC 2 is the most miserable interface I've seen in years. definitely get SYNC3 if they offer it for the year you're after. ..my two cents.
  14. T

Window Weather Stripping Scuffed

i guess I should have brought this up before hitting 36,000 miles. We ordered ours and took delivery before dealer washed it. They were bad from day one. It was noticeable at time of delivery. I mistakenly assumed my salesperson or someone who "received" the vehicle would have made note of...
  15. T

Creaking mirror on drivers side and Ford in denial

You're not incorrect on most points. I'm just displeased with the second largest purchase of my life, thus far. The reason I haven't had it into dealer more than once for noisy mirror is because I feel like a fool telling them "I hear this rubbing, creaking noise", and expected the response I...
  16. T

Creaking mirror on drivers side and Ford in denial

this has been going on for me also, with my 2016 Explorer Limited. I asked Dealer to look into once when I had car in for something else, and they came back with what I expected: we couldn't make it fail. Well, it's been going on and on for me. But, as of last week I'm over 36k miles in less...
  17. T

MFT Update V3.10

My '16 Ex did get the update to 3.10. However, it does not completely resolve my issue. It worked once, but not the second time I tried it. So, I'm not sure precisely what the update includes, but it's not necessarily the thing I'm looking for (improved re-connect to non-favorite BT device at...
  18. T

MFT Update V3.10

I've dropped off my '16 Ex Ltd for the dealer to install (or check that my vehicle is due for) the MFT v3.10 update tomorrow. My biggest complaint with current version is that the non favorite device will not reconnect after having been connected and then getting out of car (car turned off) and...
  19. T

FM Switches to BlueTooth Upon Start-Up

HOLY CRAP! I WANT my system to do this...exactly this! Instead, mine will go to AM radio after it fails miserably at reconnecting to my BT audio input from Android phone. I never use AM radio!
  20. T

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

That's fair. My problem comes in mostly when my smartphone isn't the "Favorite", yet it's the only one present. If my wife's smartphone is "Favorite" and mine isn't, and yet she's 50 miles away with her phone; I anticipate some delay in reconnecting after being out of the vehicle. I'm not...
  21. T

It was Sync 3, not MFT. MFT performance doesn't compare to Sync3. Sync 3 has a toned down GUI- no color coordinated quadrant layout for main screen; all menu application/categories touch button/icons are along the bottom of screen. The responsiveness of the touch to the screen is similar to...
  22. T

Thank you jmr061, for all the effort and updates. I rented a (probably) '16 Lincoln Navigator last weekend, and was blown away (and really disappointed in my '16 Explorer Ltd MFT) by the responsiveness and GUI of the Sync 3 interface. It even connected and reconnected to my phone at a much...
  23. T

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

This problem is plaguing me and driving me crazy. I can see I'm not going to enjoy having OEM tech in my vehicle. And, the jumping to AM radio is like added insult, when the pairing/connecting fails. Please escalate this for resolution!! Also, FORD needs to add a settings menu for letting...
  24. T

Downshifting issue - especially on hills

What I'm saying is: from my experience, the first time it happened, it was rough enough that I looked in the mirror to see if I'd been rear-ended. That effect seems to be unintended. Or, it should be unintended, in my opinion. it feels like I'm driving my '78 T bird, with the leaky auto xmsn...
  25. T

Downshifting issue - especially on hills

Folks, this one outlier rough shifting, likely at one single point in the rpm/speed scheme, as described above, and not happening at other speeds/rpms; cannot be "as designed". If that were the case, shy wouldn't it do this at every shift point?
Back