1. S

Reprogram PCM CEL

So nobody else has had this problem?
  2. S

Reprogram PCM CEL

Yes
  3. S

Reprogram PCM CEL

I have an 07' Mountaineer 4.0 giving me a CEL to reprogram the powertrain control module. ( P260F). Dealer said mid January but didn't say how much they would charge to do it. The vehicle is driving and running perfect no issues at all. Just the CEL. Go to dealer? Get a performance programmer...
  4. S

4th Gen 32v Swap

Not to hijack. Can you do anything to help the 4.0 ?
  5. S

Coolant Leak! In middle of Explorer!

Get it pressure tested. I've got a dollar on the thermostat control module.
  6. S

07' Mounty 4.0 tune

Thinking about trying a custom tune. Has anyone here done this and if so what were your results? Was wondering what supporting mods would be needed. The tuner and tune are like 500. Is it something worth doing ? Thanks
  7. S

WOT - stopped accelerating after 2nd gear

I've had a similar problem with my 15' Sport " falling on it's face" at random times when I mat the throttle. It falls on its face and continues to sag until I let off and reapply throttle.
  8. S

A/C only blows thru Defroster Vents

I wish I could. I don't have that vehicle anymore.
  9. S

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Had a 24* morning to try this out and still no heated seats on remote start. That and the fact that this thread stretches over 5 years without definite resolution leads me to believe the obvious.
  10. S

I was referring to the seat heaters with remote as designed <32* >80* limitations. I didn't know if the 17's still have this issue. My wife and I just want our butts to be warm with a little help from Ford.
  11. S

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

Never is my guess. Cost of recall - case settlements = savings/profit.
  12. S

Wow ! Six model years and Ford still has not solved this issue ? Sad.
  13. S

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Thanks to this thread I just got mine enabled and my wife is very happy. We don't have a garage so it will come in handy. Only one of three dealers in my area seemed to have any knowledge of this at all.
  14. S

what kind of explorer do you have and how many miles on it?

:thumbsup:2010 EB 4x4 4.0 83k. 1 front hub replaced under warranty. Excellent vehicle which my wife drives daily. I have a very high opinion of it and strong attachment to it. The sound system shames the 460 in the Cobra and the Bose in my 12' CTS. It also cake walked the ice storm a couple of...
  15. S

Rough couple of weeks here

We have had: Rattling Humming Wobbling Shaking Roaring Hissing Clicking Thunking Growling Grinding More hissing and a burning smell. Dang !:) Now have something under the dash making a "kadakadaka" sound stopped in drive.
  16. S

A/C only blows thru Defroster Vents

Fixed this with a new vacuum check valve. No guesswork. Purchased for $10 here : http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=380402&jnid=2&jpid=0 It is located here: Just pull it apart and replace it with the new one installed in the same direction and its done. 5 minutes...
  17. S

HVAC mannual override not working

Fixed this with a new vacuum check valve. No guesswork. Purchased for $10 here : http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=380402&jnid=2&jpid=0 It is located here: Just pull it apart and replace it with the new one installed in the same direction and its done. 5 minutes...
  18. S

Hissing noise when accelerating then dies out

19. S

HVAC mannual override not working

Please post a solution if you get it fixed. THX
  20. S

Hissing noise when accelerating then dies out

Mine has developed this problem as well. This thread was looking promising but died without pinpointing a solution. If anyone was able to fix this a detail of the process would be much appreciated. THX
Back