Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Seat is cracking

My explorer has 70,000 miles on it, and I noticed the other day that the seat has 4 small cracks in the leather along the same line where the transfer dye from my jeans is on the outside of the seat. Does anyone else have this? I found an escape service bulletin for this issue, but nothing for...
  2. M

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I have a 2015 with the hood issue. are the 2015 hoods covered under the warranty? I am not sure where my physical warranty paperwork is at the moment...
  3. M

Two issues--HVAC and Steering

Peter recommended me to your thread because I am experiencing a "click" sound when I turn (sometimes). I can't watch your video, would you mind taking a look at my video and seeing if it is the same sound? Random new noise in steering column whatever came of your issue?
  4. M

Random new noise in steering column

So my 2015 explorer has a new click, sounds like an electronic type click, coming from under/inside the steering column. Happens only when I turn left, only when driving, and only after I turn right. For example if I turn the wheel to the left, it will "chirp", then turn the wheel straight...
  5. M

I really don't like that answer. lol mine is a '15 that was purchased in '16, and it is about 3k over the 35k mileage.
  6. M

did you have any perforations or just the bubbling of the paint?
  7. M

Hi all. I called up my dealership and they said that the only way ford is covering these is if there is a perforation through the body panel itself, not just a chip in the paint. Is there a Ford rep on here that can clarify this? They said they would take pictures but that since there is no...
  8. M

Turning off Inflatable Seat Belts

although I have advised her not to, someone I know is commenting that she intends to deactivate her inflatable belts to be able to install a car seat in that position using the seat belt rather than the LATCH. I want to know if that is even a possibility
  9. M

Turning off Inflatable Seat Belts

Does anyone know if the inflatable seat belts can be deactivated but the rest of the BLIS system stay operational? Thanks!
  10. M

Car seats question

I never suggested using LATCH in the middle seat, the word LATCH didnt appear within my post. Quite the opposite, I suggested using the seatbelt in the rear middle seat as an alternative to using a BLIS inflatable belt. Also, some seats, such as mine, are designed for use with the seatbelt...
  11. M

Platinum

Wish I had read this earlier. I have some delightful blue dyed seats. Any suggestions on cleaning? I know I won't get them super clean, but to at least minimize it?
  12. M

Car seats question

This isn't always an option due to the weight of the child. I personally opted for not getting the BLIS, and I have a Britax Clicktight. Keep in mind that inflatable belts are not in the middle row center, and the third row, so there is some flexibility. Britax seats EXCEPT for the...
  13. M

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Explorer is back, remote start activated. They changed how much they were going to charge for the better, I was $55 out the door. Thank you Jason!! On a side note, they said that when I get in and push on the brake it will shut off the remote start, that I need to move the key to start...
  14. M

PTU Problems

Add me to the PTU seal leak group. 2015 explorer with 10k miles on it, lifted the explorer for the oil change and saw the leak.
  15. M

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Explorer is at the dealer, they are going to "try" to activate it for me, the tech was skeptical. They are charging $62 to activate (30 min labor charge), and to cut the key I got from Jason. I will update this afternoon when I get it back.
  16. M

Hood Struts ??

Explorer hood strut Do any of the 2015 come stock with a hood strut? If so, is it possible to install one on the XLT?
  17. M

Squeaky headliner

I heard it for sure, sounds like a little squeaking bird until he put his hand up. Damn that's annoying!
  18. M

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

My recollection is that unlocking works fine regardless of order, it's only the re locking of the doors that is having the issue. I will double check the locking also. I can't check it now, because I'm not home and I'm not driving it because at 10k miles it also has a transmission leak :mad:
  19. M

Yep, pressing at the same time. If I unlock using the pad I can get it to lock using the pad no issue. It's only the combination of the key and the pad that causes the issue.
  20. M

So I believe that the keyless entry pad isn't working properly on my new explorer. If I lock the explorer using the remote, and then unlock it using the remote, get something out, and try to lock the door back using the keypad, it won't lock the truck. Anyone else have an issue of the entry...
  21. M

Car seats question

BKennedy, your second paragraph is incorrect. There are in fact both backless boosters as well as high back boosters that allow the booster seat to be held in place with the lower LATCH anchors, and the child then wears the seatbelt, routed correctly according to the manual. The LATCH weight...
  22. M

2013 ford explorer heater blowing cold air!

I found all of those threads but those are all regarding 2011 explorers, I can't find anything for any later model explorers
  23. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

This is precisely the type of solution I was hoping someone had come up with, and that I was stumped on. Thank you!
  24. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

So I have the opposite problem. I have kids who want to use the lights while driving at night. Has anyone swapped the 2nd row lights for a different color? We put blue lights in our F-150 and it helped a bunch. I Also have an infant on the 40 seat of the 40/60 bench, and would love to turn...
Back