Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2016 Explore Limited mirrors issue

My 2016 limited has been doing this for sometime now. Just followed the directions My 2016 limited has been doing this for sometime now. Just followed your directions and all seems to be working fine now. Thank you so much.
  2. J

Crankcase Pressure Sensor

Do you have a link to the 2016 3.5 eco boost specific repair manual? Thanks
  3. J

2016 Explorer Sport PCV valve?

I still cant figure out what this hose is for. It still seeps oil at the connector and has to be cleaned periodically. Everywhere I search for a replacement it comes up as a PCV hose. Any help in identifying it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
  4. J

New rotors coated on one side in grey primer type paint.

I wasn't even aware of the issue with the explore brakes until recently. Guess I'll keep a close eye on both front and especially the rear from now on.
  5. J

I should have been more clear in my response. In my opinion for the front I would say that's a little low compared to the 50k I usually get but it all depends on your driving and where your driving but for the rear that is low. I've had vehicles with rear brakes lasting 60k-70k.
  6. J

Wow thats kind of low for brakes unless youre a little hard on them or live in a busy city.
  7. J

How many miles on the front and rear brakes?
  8. J

I'm going to wait another 1k miles before I put the new pads and rotors on. Still have a little meat left on the pads. Thanks for the heads up on the rears, I'll take a look.
  9. J

Thx . Think I'll contact the dealer tomorrow and ask about the one sided coating
  10. J

Purchased from the dealer. Guess that paper doesn't work that well. It is messed up that only one side is coated.
  11. J

Well I guess like some relationships the magic doesn't last, lol.
  12. J

Is that an educated answer or just your opinion? After all you did tell me to use google to find my answer.
  13. J

Possibly. Maybe someone who has used these will chime in. Thx guys.
  14. J

That does make sense. I'm wondering why just one side of the rotor only is coated.
  15. J

I did and there are many different answers. Been doing brakes for over 30yrs and never seen a coating like this on one side of the rotor. I usually use rotors with the coating on the hub and vent fins.
  16. J

Hi all, question about some new Motorcraft rotors I picked up from the dealer. I plan on calling them to ask as well. They are both coated on the outer facing side only with a grey color paint. Is this a protective coating that should be left on during the install or do I need to remove the...
  17. J

Engine vent hose. Still no solution though as to why oil seeps through. Its very little oil so I periodically wipe it off.
  18. J

Issues With Steering Wheel Controls

I've actually replaced a clock spring on another Ford pickup with an air bag so I feel confident in tackling this one.
  19. J

40k miles on the vehicle. Out of warranty for electrical I believe.
  20. J

My volume down button on the right side of the steering wheel and the speed decease/set button on the left side both periodically stop working simultaneously. I found that if I use the palm of my hand to bump the top front of the steering wheel while trying to use these functions they work again...
  21. J

Thanks Mlarv5. I don't think any of those are the part but I'll browse the site. Appreciate it.
  22. J

Adding rain sensing wipers??

Personally I don't think it's worth the trouble and $. I have them on my Ram and Sport and not impressed with it all.
Back