Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

289 HiPo Exhaust Manifolds???

Hey guys, since it doesn't appear that OBX or Torque Monster are available anymore, would the Scott Drake 289 HiPo exhaust manifolds physically bolt to my 2001 Explorer 5.0? I realize that the H pipes and exhaust will have to be remade to connect to the new manifolds. Do you...
  2. S

Are we still without headers for the 5.0 Explorers

I have been following anything I could find about headers being built by OBX or anyone. I've heard about the group buys, but not sure how to get involved with them. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
  3. S

Hey guys, would this be a problem?

I have a 2001 ex 5.0 that I think is getting weak on the lower end, {bearings}. I also have a great 98 ex 5.0 and was wondering if I could use the 98 short block and heads, then use the 2001 intake, injectors, etc. to make it work. Then bolt it into the 2001 ex...
  4. S

This stupid tach.

Guys, would I be ok to pick up a tach signal from the tan/yellow wire on the back of the gauge cluster? I noticed that if you look careful it says tach right on the printed circuit board.I'm thinking that if I cut the tan/yellow wire and install the green wire that I will be ok. Please help.
  5. S

98 heater tubes?? 5.0

Have any of you guys had a leak at the metal heater tubes that lead from the firewall to the front of the engine along the right valve cover. I have tried to find a replacement with no luck. I have stripped the large fitting that threads into the intake from two different salvage yard engines...
  6. S

Darn fuel lines

I.m not getting the point across. I have a 98 ex sport. I also have a 2001ex 4 dr., I am trying to install the 2001 5.0 motor into my sport. Is it simpler to prep the 98 so it is returnless, or prep the motor so it is a return system? Also, what parts do I need to make the 98 returnless, or the...
  7. S

Guys, I really need help here.Fuel problem.

I really need some professional help/advise. I have my 98 Sport tore down for a 2001 5.0 motor. I know that my Sport has the return fuel system and the 2001 motor is set up for a returnless system. What needs to be done to the 5.0 to make it a return system? Or how do I make the Sport a...
  8. S

Can't win!!!

Now that I bought a doner truck, 98 ex 5.0 auto, I find out that it has AWD. Do I have to buy another trans now before trying to put it in my 98 Sport?
  9. S

OK I"m ready, BUT

Guys, I just purchased my doner truck. A 98 Ex 5.0 auto. My baby is a 98 Sport with 4.0 ohv. The only question I have is the gentleman that has the beautiful blue Sport vroomzoomboom had a write up on how to do the swap. Where I'm puzzled is on the electrical. In the write up he states that the...
  10. S

2000 Explorer & 98 Ex Sport

I need the experts. I just came across a 2000 ex 5.0 and was wondering if I'm going to have a major problem putting the 2000 engine in the Sport? I can get the 2000 as a donor for 400.00 with low mileage motor. I'm aware of everything if I was using a 98 donor truck, but concerned since its a...
  11. S

Could you guys give me some advise

If I install a 5.0 in my 98 Sport {stock engine}, will I see any performance increase? Its for the sake of having the V8 in there, the sound, etc. Just a sweet overall package. Thanks in advance.
  12. S

98 5.0 engine & auto trans

Hey guys, I have heard that the 98 5.0 was a very good choice because they had the better heads and intake. Can someone verify whether or not this is true. Since I have a 98 sport I'm trying to find a 98 donor with the 5.0 and auto. Will the auto trans behind the 5.0 donor fit into my sport? If...
  13. S

98 swap, which trans

Hey Guys, I have been reading a lot about the V8 swap into my 98 ex sport. My questions are: Will the auto trans behind the 98 doner ex fit into my 2 wd 5 speed sport? Also, I read somewhere that the 98 ex 5.0 was a great engine for this swap, do you agree? Thanks guys, love this...
  14. S

Hi everyone

I'm a new member to the forum. Just purchased a nice 1998 Explorer. Its my "hobby vehicle". Just want everyone to know that I appreciate being a part of this forum. Sign of Cobra
Back