Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Off Road Package for Ranger

answers! The stock factory locations are in teh rear interior side panels, and the front doors. The sound is pretty balanced, it takes more power to push a woofer than smaller speakers, so it does sound good, not overly "bassy" The Tremor and off road are currently available, check with...
  2. C

Tremor info Those specs are not readily available to me, even though I work in a dealership! Judging by the size of the enclosure, the sub is a 12, powered by a 500 watt amp. The enclosure is about as long as the rear cargo area of the supercab, and about 7 inches high. The amp and woofer are...
  3. C

2001 Ranger EDGE!!!

New Edge We just got in our first shipments of Edge Rangers. They look, and drive AWESOME! The Tremor sound system kicks ass! With the SOHC V-6, the truck FLIES! I own a '98 with the 4.0L and 5 speed, and with the new engine, i want one to continue red light dominance here (with notable high...
  4. C

Tremor info For all you wondering about the tremor package, it is a Pineer head unit, with built in graphic EQ, and 560 watts. The amps and subs are on the floor behind the seats, and it takes up the whole space, and about 7 inches high. Rear jump seats are deleted, however the components are...
  5. C

What is this new Ford Escape??

Escapes are finally released for sale We just got clearance to sell Escapes, and we literally have people lining up to test driva and look at them. Recalls notwithstanding, this is a tight, extremly quick SUV. It is simple, practical, and priced right. Ford has done a good job with this, if...
  6. C

Excursion Extinct?

Excursion still alive In fact, we just got in a load of 8. No, they are not selling like hotcakes, and there is more demand for deisel due to milage, however there is $5000.00 markup, so for about $38,000 you can get a loaded Limited, for about the same price as those stupid import luxury...
  7. C

Firestone/Ford -Is the Explorer at fault?

Left side heavy issue I am sorry, right after this post I saw a similar post. on the Ranger and Explorer, the feul tank is in the back, and on the inside left frame rail. Now, take the 16 gallons of fuel (as are in my '98 ranger) and multiply that times the weight of fuel (someting like 6...
  8. C

Exact details of recall

Yes, i am Sure Even though the size and brand are the same, they came from different factories. The tires affected are those from the Decatur plant only.
  9. C

Build your Wrangler fighter here!

Wrangler fighter One thing I can say is Keep It Simple Stupid! The thing that has kept the wrangler successful is it's simplicity. Do not go crazy with electronic gizmos, or wacky stuff (Memo gizmo on the Explorer Eddie Bauer and Limited, who is gonna use that?????. Make it easy to...
  10. C

Just saw some Escapes

hehehehhee. I don't know how much Ford paid for the review! Everything I have heard is positive (If you do not mind carrying vise-grips with you to stter when the wheel falls off!) ;)
  11. C

Exact details of recall

The '97 and '98 limiteds are NOT included in the recall, those tires did not come from the Decatur plant. ALL wilderness and atx tires with the DOT VDHL tires are bad. This information is coming straight from the emergency service directive straight from Ford.
  12. C

Just saw some Escapes

Headline from Car and Driver's test of the Escape: "We do not usualy get the opportunity to use the word "phenominal". This is one of those times" I am going to sit back and see how these puppies sell. Here in SOuth Florida, it is SUV heaven, I think they will do well, and as soon as they...
  13. C

Exact details of recall

As some of you may know, i am an Internet Sales Manager at a Ford Dealer in South Florida. I have the exact details of the recall. they are as follows: the vehicles listed below are OEM with recalled tires: 91-96 Ranger 91-96 Explorer 96 Mountaineer 91-94 F-150 97-2000 Explorer (except...
  14. C

Ford Orders Second Emergency Stop Sale on Escape in Less Than One Week

everyone has problems All manufacturers have some sort of problems with new models. I know they are extensivly tested, however production models encounter their own set of snafu's. As soon as Ford has this stuff irond out, the Escape will be a killer small SUV, with the v-6 and Mach sound system!
  15. C

steve, it might be! ;) Steve, hey who knows, It was totalled cause it was stolen and put in the East River in NYC. But I did not sell it to him! hehehehehe
  16. C

This is good! Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I feel that none of you would be here if you had no affliction for Ford vehicles! I like this board, and the others from the site because I get a chance to read what real-world people write, not just what Ford wants us to know...
  17. C

New Escape! I am a Sales Manager at a large Ford dealer in South Florida, and we just got our first shipment of Escapes, and it is pretty sad, we have to hide them away so we do not have to explain why we cannot sell them! I do know that none of our customers have heard about the problems...
Back