Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Jack's SAS version 3.0

yes, actually. with the help of some good friends, the bid dumb ford made its return to the trails on my 40th birthday this past march. my bff Ryan Yost was able to come down and partake in exploits at The Good Evening Ranch outside of Summersville, WV quick rundown for those who are just...
  2. F

94 Navajo LED Turn Signal Solid on

im having this same issue, did you get it resolved?
  3. F

turn/stop lights not working

fwiw.. the issue ended up being a loose pin in the turn signal switch everything works as designed now
  4. F

I had planned on doing some diagnosing tonight after work but the boys and i installed the tube doors and added 70 hp worth of stickers to the rear gate of the explorer and the rear glass of the LJ
  5. F

yes. hazards do not work. no dash illumination for hazards or turn signals. no brake lamps
  6. F

Going to check g204 ground location on driver kick panel this evening, seems to be common shared ground for all issues i am having
  7. F

Three years ago, yes three years ago, i removed the abs pump and associated wiring. Well i may have snipped one too many wires. Now that the crawler is about to be used again, i am finding things not working. First the fuel pump had no ground, grounded to frame and that works fine. But the...
  8. F

a4ld shift arm question

1992 truck, bought without trans, purchased trans from 95 aerostar and the shift lever does not allow the 1992 shift cable to attach in the correct spot doing some research in the ford catalog seems 1991-1992 trans shift levers are different than 93-94 and the aerostar has anyone else ran into...
  9. F

Long Jeep

it's hanging in there.. lol no issues so far. of course i haven't used it for trash yet.. holds all my straps and recovery stuffs.
  10. F

Long Jeep

the dreaded 42rle auto
  11. F

Long Jeep

I still lurk around on here even though I currently do not have an RBV to wheel. What I do have, even though a Jeep, is at least a cool Jeep. I have replaced my explorer with a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, or LJ. In family since new and I know all of its long list of issues. Although the...
  12. F

power steering cap

most likely due to pressure/heat... does it happen while you are offroad? larger tires? try adding a cooler and making sure the tabs on your pumps reservoir are still intact and allowing the cap to twist lock.
  13. F

For Sale Explorer Sport Parts

do you have any manual window doors?
  14. F

Yostyexplorer94's 1994 Explorer Registry

as soon as mine is back together we are going somehwere.
  15. F

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

great build! did you ever get the fuel cell in and plumbed? maybe I just didn't see it amongst all the awesomeness.
  16. F

Planning EF's 25th anniversary runs in 2021

Subscribing! Now to finish my truck
  17. F

How to: Steering mod: Rag Joint to U-joint ZJ Shaft

looked one over, column side still too small. what in the hecks.
  18. F

i purchased 2 and neither will work with my 93 column
  19. F

camp stove issues

I've tried a new regulator and same issue. The flame control does not reduce the flame on the burners, both only work on high.
  20. F

camp stove issues

I am still old school in the fact that I do most of my camp cooking on a coleman green propane 2 burner stove. The last couple times I used it, however, I noticed that it only burned on one setting... hellfire. I tried a new regulator and am having the same issue. Has anyone else dealt with...
  21. F

Jack's SAS version 3.0

Don't tempt me with a good time! Listen, cost wise and time wise this gets me on the trails faster. Maybe one day down the road the rear will be linked but not now. I'll setup the rear shocks mounts to double as coilover mounts, that make you happy? btw.. June is looking to be a good time...
  22. F

Jack's SAS version 3.0

Lets move to the rear suspension for a bit... I want to keep the fuel tank in the stock location for a few reasons. 1) it protects the driveshaft 2) it acts as a skid 3) keeping the fuel system as stock as possible means I can source parts easier if there is an issue away from home With that...
  23. F

I picked up 2 different ZJ shafts and neither of them have a large enough opening on the column side to go over the column coupler. Am I missing something?
  24. F

Jack's SAS version 3.0

Mind boggling
  25. F

Jack's SAS version 3.0

I'm running 91/92 front dress apparently from the motor swap at 130k. Guess I'm belt hunting. I did space the alt up. How was I using a 93/94 non ac belt on the older dress setup? I am running the larger idler but it is below the alt. My tensioner is where your idler i .
Back