Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

See you guys!

I just want to say hello, and take the opportunity to tell you all that I sold my 98' XLT Explorer at the beginning of April. You know it gave me a lot of work (I found it in a junk state), basically fueled by my mania to make everything work perfect. I have nothing but words of thanks for all...
  2. J

Are this transfer cases interchangeable?

The transfer of my XLT 98 is gone.. The part number is XL24-7A195-AA Found in a junkyard the F57A-7A195-AA one... It will fit?
  3. J

XLT 98' no 4x4.... just another thead...

Well, I found in the worst way that my 4x4 is not working in the last weekend travel to the Chilean mountains, as never before, I suffer with some easy off road tracks. I finally went stuck, and just with the previously installed winch, a stock lift jack and my wife help, I could go back. The...
  4. J

Monroe 32346 feedback

Does anybody of you guys had tried this shocks?
  5. J

Idle up after warm up...

Hello guys Here in Chile, we just entering into the summer I'm actually use the explorer about 2 or 3 times at month, and it work fine. In winter and spring, all fine, normal idle at start and warm. But now, with high environmental temperatures (95-100F) and with the AC engaged, in city I...
  6. J

Does it fit?

Does this Ranger fender flares fit in my 98' Explorer XLT? And the back one, with some mod?
  7. J

Does it fit?

Does this Ranger fender flares fit in my 98' Explorer XLT? And the back one, with some mod?
  8. J

Codes P1131 - P1132

After an off road trip, and just after a hard muddy hill, with slipping wheels and some full gas throttle, I got the check engine light Back in home, connect the scanner tool and read P1131 - P1132. I know it means "Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch Sensor Indicates Rich Bank 1" and...
  9. J

Interior lights Dimmer switch

My stock switch is bad, and it is no way to fixed it, because the tracks are gone I buy one in a junkyard, but the connector isn't the same Right mine, left the one I got It is any way to make it fit ?
  10. J

4x4 Low transfer case weird clunk

00.03 4wd low on 00.15 4wd low off It is sound normal, or like me, sounds weird?
  11. J

(SOLVED) Anti Theft Light Flashing On Dash Nightmare

I was changing the lower intake oring Suddenly, a lower intake cap screw was bad... unluckily, the one further back I did several manoeuvres to get lose it... one of them manoeuvres, was drill it.. When I was drilling, the drill slipped, and touch the wiring harness... I taked a simple look...
  12. J

Spare tire 31x10.50 R 15

Does it fit in the rear place? 98' XLT Thanks!
  13. J

Ford VCM OBD

Someone have used this adapter? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VCM-OBD-Interface-Program-Diagnostic-Auto-Scanner-Scan-Tool-USB-Cable-For-Ford-/231648934517?hash=item35ef5a3a75:g:XbgAAOSwHnFVyGpH&item=231648934517&vxp=mtr
  14. J

Ajar door switch... where is it?

My XLT had never turn on the interior lights if I open the right back door.... In the other 4 doors it works ok. Where is the switch located? it is hard to find and repair? Regards
  15. J

Just another poor mileage tread..

My 98 XLT V6 SOHC is running well, more or less, the idle is not so smooth, but no rough neither... I think that it could be better RPM about 700 I have 31x10.50R15 tires With the new tires, the speedmeter have an 10% error, checked with GPS 50 MPH in dashboard, actual 55... I guess that in...
  16. J

SOHC cleaning, any point to pay attention?

I want to clean my XLT engine... I've never do that... The cleaning service here is with some degreaser product and high pressure hot water. It is any critical zone to advice to the cleaning operator?
  17. J

PCV Valve

After my "fire" episode http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/my-journey.434335/page-2#post-3517402 the explorer never had a soft idle again Today, catching a possible vacuum leak, find a strange behavior in the pcv valve (for me at least, because I'd never saw any of them...
  18. J

Tranny pressure issue?

Since I've never had a Explorer before, I dont know the tranny normal behaviour. Mine come with bad tranny and I'd repair it New master kit, new solenoids and refurbished D drum It work well, all gear pass very soft, in the desired rpm, I guess But it have 2 "issues"? 1.- When I put the D...
  19. J

Water in driver carpet

Today, after been catching a driver floor noise, remove the carpet and I found humidity under there, and under the pedal protection rubber. During the last rain here (intenses by the way), the explorer don't move, because the wind wiper motor was bad, so I guess that the water come from up...
  20. J

Crack - Crack - Crack noise when turn right

When I turn right the explorer, sometimes I can feel a crack - crack - crack noise, and hard vibration I took the XLT to the shop, they rebuild the driveshafts, I thought that was the problem, but no, the problem still there. Differential, maybe?
  21. J

Rough ride

I always have felt the explorer suspension rough. Even when I bought it, and I put new AT 235/75R15 tires. Later I perform a TT lift and 31x10.50R15, then a bit more rough .... maybe I need new shock absorbers? The shocks are working, it pass the inspections fine.
  22. J

Upper control arm bushings

I found this upper control arm bushings in ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/321241102532?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Caught my eye the "left" indication in the description... Is the left one, different to right one?. The chinese man who sell it, have no...
  23. J

EGR issue, 98' XLT

Hi If you take a look to my post, you can read all my XLT nightmares.. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434335 Well, I'm still in the game, now, I'm trying to figure out, how the EGR works After my burning episode, the EGR valve is always open, I mean, the...
  24. J

Tires oversize, too many changes in MPG and speedmeter?

My XLT actually have 235/75/R15 - A/T tires.. I perform a TT and warrior shackles 2" lift. I'm thinking in an 31x10.50 tires, A/T or M/T ones, with the stock rims How many will decrease the MPG and how many will decrease the speedmeter accuracy? Experiences?
  25. J

Boiling coolant

Hi guys My 98' XLT comes without Tstat, so, the truck take a long time to warm It found a OEM Tstat, and it put it. Now, the truck warm fast, and the gauge stay right in the middle. Few weeks ago, I saw coolant residues in the plastic tank. Later, after a 100K trip, I heard a pressure...
Back