Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

SYNC 3 latest version

How did you get 3.0?
  2. T

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Dealer got in parts yesterday and expects to have work completed tomorrow. When I get it back i will post if TSB fixes issue.
  3. T

Dealer is now telling me one part is back ordered with no ETA. Also stated they have another who has been waiting for months on this part. They will not do any part of the TSB until the part comes in. I have filed a complaint with NHTSA and will be calling Ford also. If they can't fix it then...
  4. T

Window Weather Stripping Scuffed

So I rolled the rear windows down and pushed on the shinny plastic part and the rubber molding and it seems it just wasn't seated properly. It's still not 100% but looks 10x better than the pics. Seems they were just sloppy and in a hurry not taking time to fully seat everything...
  5. T

So I picked up my explorer today and found my rear quarter glass stripping looking like this. I do not remember it having this gap before. The service advisor said it's not a issue. Does anyone else think this acceptable?
  6. T

I guess this is what they are talking about. Not sure why they would need to seal these????
  7. T

They are replacing mine right now while it's at dealer for exhaust smell issue. No questions asked. They did bust one of the rear quarter windows though and had to replace the glass also...
  8. T

They stated specifically grill shutters and stated there are 4 of them.
  9. T

Well that's great. These idiots don't seem to know what their doing. Now I'm not sure I want them touching my vehicle.
  10. T

I heard back from my service advisor who stated there is another TSB out and it requires changing out the muffler system and changing out 4 grill shutters... The parts are backordered but they hope to have them next week sometime.
  11. T

Thanks. I sent my adviser a msg and waiting to hear back. I mentioned the TSB and asked why they were replacing the muffler since mine is the ecoboost and not sealing the parts like the TSB states...
  12. T

I have read the thread and the TSB. The TSB only shows changing out the muffler tips on the 3.5L ti-vct engine. I have the ecoboost twin turbo.
  13. T

So just heard back from my dealer. The stated they verified the excaust odor but the parts are on back order for repair. When I asked what parts they advised the muffler for the excaust. Does this sound right? Why would they replace the muffler?
  14. T

Got it dropped off yesterday at the dealer. Looking forward to seeing what they do. Better not give me the "unable to duplicate" BS. Will be taking a tech for a ride if that's the case and let him tell me that while the cabin is full of excaust...
  15. T

Add my 2017 Sport built 06/2017 to the list. When I put the hammer down, I get strong exhaust odor in the cabin. Will be dropping off at dealer next week. For this and other issues.
  16. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Shoot me an email And I will reply with pics.
  17. T

Replaced the "EXPLORER", "SPORT", and "EcoBoost" badges with a black ones today.
  18. T

I only hand wash it and the dealer did not wash it prior to me accepting it. Came from the factory this way. Dealer has already ordered replacemends for me. Both front windows, and the very rear curved pieces on both sides were scuffed. Wield that the full rear windows were near perfect...
  19. T

Looks like this had same issue. I just spoke to dealer and he said they would replace them no issue. Hope they are easy to change out.
  20. T

Just noticed the rubber weather stripping on the bottom of my windows are extremely scuffed up and it looks like crap when the sun hits it. Is this a common issue or am I the only lucky one? Will be contacting the dealer to get these replaced ASAP.
  21. T

It's should not remove the paint if the paint was applied correctly. From Xpel: "It is highly unlikely for paint protection film to harm OEM paint. Paint systems used on modern assembly lines today produce a minimum bond strength of 16 MPa and maximum of 25 MPa between the panel and the paint...
  22. T

$1150 OTD for full hood, lights, bumper, and front roof. This might be a little higher than most but he comes to me and does top notch work... He also reapplied the Explorer hood badge but I'm going to order a black one and remove this gray one. I think the black will look better on my gray...
  23. T

Had the entire hood, lights, bumper, and front roof covered in Xpel Ultimate film today by my friend Eric at TruShine. Just say NO to rock chips!!!
  24. T

dealership said do NOT run higher octane in sport

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O33292&languageCode=en&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1719127&subTitleSelected=G1724240&topicHRef=G1717126&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=True
  25. T

FordPass App Android

OK so found you have to have AA disabled to use FordPass. Sucks as I won't be disabling AA. Ford needs to create an update to fix this...
Back