Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

96 Ford Explorer 4x4 4.0 part out

Ok, so I have a complete Ford Explorer with blown transmission. PM for or post reply for what you need and shipping. Vehicle is located in Portland, Oregon.
  2. N

Need Help!!! And fast!!! 99 Ford Windstar

Ok, so my in-laws have a 99 ford windstar, the thing actually drives pretty decent. Today, the transmission just stopped working. I wasnt able to get a look at the fluid to see if it toasted the clutches, but it does grab when put in reverse. When you put it into forward gears it gives you...
  3. N

transmission rebuild

sweet, thanks guys. definitely could use some pointers on it. right now it is sidelined till I get our garage cleaned out. have a project jeep that I am building blocking my garage and with a baby on the way and family to take care of I hardly have any free time to get anything done. that and...
  4. N

transmission rebuild

so I have a 96 Explorer that blew the trans out. my father in law doesnt want to get rid of it and doesnt want to pay out the butt to have it repaired. so, I think I will be rebuilding it here very soon. this should be a fun trip as i havent rebuilt a transmission in years.
  5. N

Project Weekend Warrior is a go

so giving a quick update on Weekend Warrior. Finally got of my lazy A** and fixed the dreaded blend door actuator just in time for winter weather to kick in. things are also kind of getting side lined because my old lady and I found out we are having a baby. got my ball joints and rear diff...
  6. N

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

Damn :( thats a total bummer... and now I have 2 projects going at the same time... well, make it like 9000...
  7. N

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

damn, seeing this one fizzle out was so saddening.. would have loved using this on my X... did the CAD files ever get sent out to any body? hell I could probably burn the file on my plasma cam at work
  8. N

Pics 4" lift!!!

dammit!!!!!!!!!!! you sunk my battle ship.... :eek:
  9. N

got the rear installed last weekend. has been a wild couple of weeks between work and finding another car, either for me or my wife. next to cross of my list is spray liner on the trim, Mevetek Terrain Tough ball joints (ordered and waiting), and new tires. debating on getting some cheap ATRs or...
  10. N

Pics 4" lift!!!

DAMN!!!!! that looks so freaking beefy!!!!!! definitely interested :us:
  11. N

Good rear end shop portland area

Looking for a reputable rear end shop in Portland area. going to be doing a regear and potentially lockers on my 02 X soon and cant find a reputable shop local. I will be doing the majority of rebuild on the rear end just need them to do the preload
  12. N

Those wheels came with the truck when I bought it. Wasn't really a fan of them at first, now I actually like them. probably going to have the coated in matte black before having bigger tires put on. and there is no spacers on them, forget what the offset was. got the front of my X lifted on...
  13. N

here she is in stock form
  14. N

so here is an update. got my lift kit in the mail yesterday and should get the hids tomorrow. was going to upload some pictures but my damn phone crashed last night and wiped 630 pictures, in addition to being super slammed busy at work. but dont worry, I will keep my word and get some stuff...
  15. N

thanks for the info on that. should ordering my gearing and other stuff next pay. this weekend ordered my HID headlights, yeah I know, kinda lame upgrade. also ordered my lift kit. both of with should be here in the next few days.
  16. N

So during my research of the 8.8 IRS and IFS housings and groups. the 3.55 and 3.73 housing is the same but the carrier group is different. made the decision of going with 3.73 gears and limited slip for both front and back. Good news is I am putting my lift kit order tonight or tomorrow and...
  17. N

will the 4.56 fit the 8.8 3.73 or will I need to also change my carrier group?... trying to track down what other models have the 8.8 3.73... junk yard dogging it this weekend for front and rear
  18. N

So tomorrow was going to order differential rebuild kits (front and rear bearing and seals) when it hit me. I will be running larger tires in addition want to make this a capable vehicle. currently running 3.55, looking into stepping up to 3.73LS or 4.10. I dont want to overload the engine or...
Back