Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

LED headlights

What blinds people are the IDIOTS driving with those LED LIGHT BARS on their SUVs or cars in NORMAL WEATHER ON NORMAL ROADS!! THE ONLY THING NOT NORMAL IS THE PERSON DRIVING! I have to call out state DMV and find out if these are legal in CT. They must be if auto stores are installing them? I...
  2. F

Bad Wiper Blades?

I have to change the wiper blades on my 2010 Ford Escape XLT. I love how the wiper blade companies give you all kinds of different attachments, none of which work. I called the company and they sent me 2 new plastic parts! Great, but I have NO Clue how to get the wipers off! I saw some videos...
  3. F

2010 Escape, Rear liftgate won't open ?

:scratch:
  4. F

Mmm...Do you ever open just the glass part? I never open mine. I just open the hatch. Maybe if you open and close the glass the molding "changes"?
  5. F

I was surprised too that no one mentioned the molding around the hatch window because it seems to be a common problem. Recently I purchased a 2010 Escape XLT from a neighbor. He told me that the car needed a new actuator for the liftgate because the window molding was allowing water to drip onto...
  6. F

First post here

No problem. I thought it might be a LITTLE more active than it is. :(
  7. F

First post here

Thanks! At least there's two people here! :D
  8. F

First post here

Thank you. I pulled a lot of the upper moulding down so I could put a good amount of caulk, but first I cleaned it real good. The sheet metal looked fine. I didn't see any rust. I understand that there is an "improved" rubber seal. The dealer will know if this is the original or not. I'm almost...
  9. F

First post here

Thank you. All these forums are really dead compared to the GM ones that I frequent from time to time. I did find the Escape forum here, but it's quiet too. I found some other Escape forums, but they are just as dead. I get faster info by Googling Escape info. Oh well. So far I have found...
  10. F

Removing interior plastic dome light cover

This forum has a LOT of useful information, but not many pictures to explain how to do things. I want to replace my interior dome lights with LEDS, but do not know how to remove the plastic covers? I have a 2010 Escape XLT with NO moonroof! Thank you for any help you can provide.
  11. F

Touch Up Paint

I just bought my neighbor's 2010 Ford Escape XLT for my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks so that they have room to move. The back seat of my 2013 Buick Verno Turbo was NOT doing it for them. Anyway, there are a FEW chips on the car. Yesterday I saw an ad in Car & Driver for a company called...
  12. F

Welcome to the new Ford Escape Forum!

2010 Escape XLT In the next few days, I am purchasing a 2010 dark gray Escape XLT, four-cylinder, four-wheel-drive SUV. I decided that it was time for my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks to have a little more room than the backseat of my 2013 Buick Verano turbo. I think the Escape is the perfect size...
  13. F

First post here

Very shortly I am purchasing a 2010 Ford Escape XLT. There was a problem with the rear hatch actuator which is a known problem with this vehicle. There are many solutions posted online including a YouTube video on how to replace the actuator. It is also suggested that you replace the rubber...
Back