Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Front park assist recurring error

If they have had it in 4 times and it is still not fixed I'd suggest looking into the lemon law. I mentioned it to them and shockingly it was fixed within a couple weeks.
  2. X

Mine did the initial replacements too. It took MONTHS to get it fixed.
  3. X

It was water getting in the wiring harness for me. After the entire harness was replaced I haven't had any issues.
  4. X

Just got my first Ford - 2016 Explorer XLT.

Hey all, finally have an update! Just got my truck back and am extremely happy to state everything is working correctly. After driving two different rentals for the last two months it is going to take a while for it to actually feel like my vehicle. I've submitted proof of monthly payments...
  5. X

Well they apparently have the part somewhere or else they wouldn't be assembling any new vehicles to sell.
  6. X

I'm going to be patient and wait until the 17th. If it isn't there by then I'll have to evaluate my options. I've asked for a replacement vehicle and have been told they are conducting a "Good Faith Review." I don't know what that entails as nothing has been explained to me. This is what...
  7. X

Well got a new date... December 17th. I don't think I'm going to get my truck back this year.
  8. X

Peter, They did supply a rental. I meant a replacement vehicle since they are unable to repair mine in a reasonable period of time (30 days).
  9. X

Well spoke with Ford customer support. Part has been delayed again. Basically every week I get a new date and then on that date it's delayed another week. I don't understand how long I'm supposed to deal with this. Why aren't I being given a replacement vehicle? I had a brand new truck for...
  10. X

Well have called and left voicemail with the CSM. I didn't receive a call back as I was told would happen so there hasn't been an update. Called the dealership and was told that they still didn't have the part and that they were told they would be getting it 5 days ago. I'm pretty upset at...
  11. X

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

Could always try something like this: http://www.xenondepot.com/9145-LED-foglight-Kit-p/9145-led-hl.htm
  12. X

I appreciate all the help Tricia...
  13. X

Well it is now the 16th, the local dealership still doesn't have the part and I'm waiting to hear back from the service manager. Hope I hear something positive!
  14. X

LED back up, license plate & puddle lights

I don't think he said that.
  15. X

Finally had contact with the regional manager. The part that I need has an ETA of November 16th. I'm just glad to actually have a date and some kind of ETA. Ford offered to write a check for the time that I haven't been able to drive my new explorer which I think is reasonable and fair...
  16. X

Well yesterday when I called in I was transferred to a voicemail where I was prompted to leave a message with my name, case number and best phone number to be reached. It stated as long as I had called in before 1pm I would receive a call back within 4 hours. Needless to say I never got a...
  17. X

FordService I PM'd over the case number. Thanks for reaching out!
  18. X

I didn't receive a call from a manager as I was told would happen. I called in this morning and the representative I talked to said there was a note saying I had been called. This is so frustrating. By far the worst new vehicle experience I have ever had. As it stands my vehicle is still at...
  19. X

I'm guessing it is: Part Name: Parking Aid And Fog Light Jumper Harness Brand: Ford Parts Part Number: 15K867 Their inventory shows 0 when I searched for it.
  20. X

I called Ford today and they opened a case. I was told to expect a call by the end of business tomorrow.
  21. X

Update: Well not really. Part is still "back ordered" and I have no ETA of when they will get it or when I will get my vehicle back. At this point I'm starting to feel like I should be given a replacement vehicle.
  22. X

Well, Explorer back at the dealership. The issue started happening again. I dropped it off last Thursday and I get a call this morning that they think its a wire harness near the front bumper that is getting wet. The service tech told me the part is on back order and he doesn't know why...
  23. X

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Tony, What did you have in mind? I have a 2016 XLT (so no sub)... I'd like to find something that can integrate into the head unit to keep all factory functions. Then I could add an amp and new speakers and maybe a small powered sub under the front seats.
  24. X

Got the explorer back today. Apparently there was a bad splice near the engine that was causing all of the issues. Glad to have it fixed!
  25. X

Well bit of an update... The dealer has had the vehicle for two days now. It isn't the sensors as they apparently test fine. They think its the wiring. Fantastic. I've been given a rental to drive so at this point I'm not even upset with the dealer. They are fixing the problem and gave me...
Back