Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Converting XLT to auto headlights

Thanks. I've seen many with Mustangs doing it w/out any programing/flashing needed. I thought, prior to buying the switch, I had seen someone doing it on a G4 Explorer... I'm thinking it may be a relay, but the lights work fine manually....
  2. L

Converting XLT to auto headlights

I have a 2010 Explorer XLT that came without the auto headlight option. I believe it has the sun sensor installed, as I can see the black round item sticking out of the middle of the dash by the windshield (the same thing that flashes the red light for the alarm). From some research I thought...
  3. L

Fixed my reverse parking sensor system

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting this; the instructions were exact for my wife's 04 Limited... think the sensor cost me $8 on eBay.
  4. L

Replacement OEM Overhead DVD (04 Explorer w/sunroof)

Ok, my projects with the newly acquired 04 Explorer Limited are now in the "don't really need to, but might as well" phase. My wife's Limited has a sunroof, which from my research seems to make a difference with the factory OEM overhead DVD console; not sure why... Anyway, the DVD doesn't...
  5. L

Bluetooth/Handsfree options - 04 Explorer Limited

Thanks lincolnshibuya. At least I'm not against a wall... My 2011 Ram and our older 98 ML320 both have the Scosche BT1000 installed. They work totally independent of the factory systems, but have the benefit of automatically powering on and hooking up to the paired phone when the vehicle is...
  6. L

How did you like the FM transmitter units? Was the quality any good? Could the person on the other end hear you ok? I'd rather not go with FM mode, but may be forced to... Also, what is the unit in your 2nd photo? Thanks!
  7. L

Thanks for that as well. Currently the factory DVD won't power on, so that's on my ToDo list... Also, thanks for the diagrams. I was hoping that I may be able to wire in a 3.5mm female jack/Aux port, but don't see how from those three drawings...
  8. L

. Which unit did you get? Also, do you have a copy of the wiring diagram for the factory harnesses?
  9. L

lincolnshibuya Thanks for the ideas. I've looked at the FM Transmitter units, but would rather not go that route if possible.
  10. L

I was looking at THIS on eBay that looked like it would do the trick perfectly, but the distributor said it wouldn't work with my radio... I suspect they may be wrong...
  11. L

Thanks. I've been looking at their site as I've used them for other vehicles. Interestingly, their vehicle selector regarding audio setups doesn't have my truck's configuration... they only offer the "w/o Rear DVD" option.
  12. L

Hi all! My wife has a 2004 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr with the original 6 CD changer, Ford part number 4L2T-18C815-CE. The truck also has the rear seat factory DVD (although it's not working; next project). Here's photos of the front and rear of the stereo: So, my question is...
  13. L

Keyless entry pad code location

On my wife's 04 Explorer Limited (4 dr) it was here as well, and I didn't need one too; just some very careful prying... It was easier to remove the top panel, which allowed me to pry the bottom panel out enough to the the factory master code. If that code doesn't work, I had read somewhere...
  14. L

fuel pump/gauge problem

I have a similar issue, but have not yet had the opportunity to go to the lengths you have. My wife's 2004 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6 V8's fuel gauge appears to work in reverse. It goes to below empty when filled with a full tank (22 gal). The info window then will read "Low Fuel Level" until we...
  15. L

Strange AC issue....

Guess I'm going to have to replace that connector... anyone have any idea what that's called or a part number?
  16. L

Strange AC issue....

That all makes sense; as I drive the truck more in the same day, it gets warmer. The prolonged drives seem to kick the problem off. I think it is a wire issue. I just ran out and put the AC on the coolest setting with the fan on high. No compressor kick in. I then used a 36" metal rod to...
  17. L

Strange AC issue....

I also just ran my hand along the wiring harness described as the cause of a similar-sounding problem in a similar truck: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287097 My wire harness felt intact; although I couldn't see the entire length of it, I could feel the protective...
  18. L

Strange AC issue....

Hhhmm... that would mean I'm waiting until next Tuesday to have the pro look at it... would it seem normal for this condition to allow the AC to run fine for days? I was going to pick up a can of R134 w/ the gauge, but it didn't seem to make sense to me if it would run for days, at least 45...
  19. L

Strange AC issue....

Hello all; I've been using this forum through Google searches for many different issues over the last few weeks, so thanks to all for the volume of information. I recently picked up a mint 2004 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 4.6L V8. For an 11 yr old truck, it's in better-than-great shape and has...
Back