Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Sold SOLD!!!! 1994 4 Door, 4x4 Explorer XLT Very Good Shape

SOLD!!!! Thanks to Ben in Wisconsin for having an interest. Also, thanks to the Explorer Forum for the ability to post here to make this sale possible. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have for the past 24 years! Post pictures when you get a chance.
  2. K

Yes, I do and would be interested in talking with you.
  3. K

UPDATE: Letting it go for $1000.00. No longer need it as I have bought a new to me F150 4X4. Great project vehicle with extras. Don't have time to work on the brakes any more. Raleigh, NC!!!! Thinking of parting with my 1994 Stock Explorer 4X4 XLT, 4 door with 260,000 miles on it, rebuilt...
  4. K

Where can I go to fix the gas and coolant gauges for a 93 Explorer?

After several years of measuring my fuel through the odometer I decided to have a shop repair it as well. Bought aa sending unit through LMC trucks for $100.00. Several months later I had a local shop install it by dropping the tank for $237. Pricey, but hey, I thought it was worth it.
  5. K

Where can I go to fix the gas and coolant gauges for a 93 Explorer?

New sender for the coolant took care of my temp gauge. $5.00 - $6.00 part from auto zone now reads around O to R in the word NORMAL found on the gauge. Used to read below the N near the tick mark before NORMAL. Get the sender with one wire attached to it. You find it near the top coolant hose...
  6. K

Any input on 1994 explorer for sale?

Test drive at highway speeds to see just how much shake the vehicle has between 60 to 70 mph. 1st generations are notorious for shake no matter how well tires balanced. I have always had some shake in mine now with 241K on it. You won't notice the shake around town speeds. I am the second...
  7. K

sunroof problems help please

I'n my case looking for original parts before jimmy rigging an option.
  8. K

sunroof problems help please

Junk yard for sure. I'm still looking for similar parts for the shade receiver on the glass. I'll let you know if I find your needed parts in NC, Raleigh area.
  9. K

What are the "hard to find" parts?

Same lens was used in early Aerostar vans. I found two in junkyards and rescued them for my future.
  10. K

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Thanks for the suggestion and comment.
  11. K

The Katskin kit also came with an arm rest cover to match. Unfortunately, I just had the armrest done a few months back. Saving it for when I wear out the new armrest.
  12. K

I had the work done at Auto Interiors and Tops in Raleigh, NC. http://www.autointeriorsandtops.com. Initially they were going to custom re-upholster the front seat bottoms for $500 each. Tommy of AIAT contacted a rep. at Katzkin to see if the explorer pattern was still available and they...
  13. K

Oh, the smell of new leather! Had the front seats re-upholstered at a shop using Katzkins leather kit and a new headliner which was ripping out when touched. http://katzkin.com/interiors Kits were very close to original. You can see one before and after pictures. Lumbar and Bolster still work...
  14. K

Don't drill any rivets out if it's the motor. Two bolts are accessible and a third you must drill out the dimple in the steel door. Easy fix if you look at other posts; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/power-window-bushing-replacement-with-pics.233353/
  15. K

Window motor bushings replacement- CHEAP SOLUTION!- also: motor runs, bushings intact, not working?

I understand the satisfaction of doing a repair at little or no cost. But in this case the items, which measure to a high tollerence, diameter 0.595" and height 0.429", are relatively inexpensive at $8.00 per window. My time is worth more than that and satisfaction knowing I don't have to redo...
  16. K

1993 Explorer Coming out of Retirement

Welcome back to the road. My 94 was without AC for about 8 years or so and I used it for hauling. I have broke down and spent the funds to keep it road worthy. I'm retired now and realized how useful the vehicle is to me with no monthly payment. Replaced the Michelin LTX M+S tires which were...
  17. K

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Bushing Height 0.429 inch
  18. K

1991 explorer front end questions

Stuck Caliper. Once had the same issue which did start a fire with a rubber brake line. Luckily a nearby restaurant had a fire extinguisher and I was able to save the Exploder as I call it. I have the brakes checked regularly now.
  19. K

Power Window Bushing Replacement

The package of bushings I have purchased as Dorman HELP part # 74410 has written on the back of the package Diameter: 0.595 inch, Height 0.429 inch. (5/8 is 0.625) (0.595 equals 15.113 mm can't find an easy equivalent size) Go buy the real thing from Dorman. They fit tight but works perfectly...
  20. K

Door lock and window switch illumination?

My 1994 XLT doesn't have illuminated door lock and window switches. The switches are designed with little bumps or depressions in them so you will recognize them by touch and location without having to look after using them many times.
  21. K

Starting issues

I had to repalce a starter once that when hot would not start the vehicle. When cooled down for about 20 minutes she started fine. I was told it was the solenoid on the starter itself that was the problem. Starter relay on the fender did click. New rebuilt starter took care of the problem...
  22. K

fuel tank leak

My 1994 tank developed a similar leak but I caught it before it poured out as you indicated. I had the dealership replace it back in the late 1990s. Turns out a ball-peen hammer was left on top of the plastic tank most likely for years. With the normal shake of driving, It wore a hole in the...
  23. K

RE: OEM Air Intake Hose. ISO rubber sleeve gaskets

Great question Cheddar Dan! The few I've found in the junk yards are in worse condition than the ones I'm looking to replace. Looking forward to a response to your question with the answer.
  24. K

Air Intake Hose

Never been able to find good one's in the junk yard. Been looking for several years now as mine are in poor condition as well. Lot's of similar boots but not ones that fit first generation.
  25. K

Coolant disappearing

Is it possible the system was not fully purged of air? I suppose this isn't the problem if you still continue to have to add fluid.
Back