Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Rear Hatch Slam Latch

Good stuff. Thanks ALL!
  2. P

Rear Hatch Slam Latch

99 XLT rear hatch needs to be slammed to get the door ajar light to go out. I found on the right side there is a plastic sleeve missing on the part the latch grabs. The left side is still there, but getting bad. I do not see how to replace these. I am thinking, not good, remove the left side to...
  3. P

Valve Body seals and gaskets

New to this transmission repair. Had reverse but drive was taking a long time to engage. Then drive was lost after I used passing gear. Stopped at a store and leaving it would not go into drive at all. Kept backing around in the parking lot, trying everything. Tried lower gears, taking it out...
  4. P

Door open, no dome lights

Cool daddy-o THANKS
  5. P

Is there a switch inside each door somewhere? I replaced one rear door handle and found no switch attached. Spraying a lube in the handle slots doesn't seem to go on anything. I am going to trace all the wires in the door and find something. Thanks for the thread link.
  6. P

Thanks. My problem is the door ajar or dome does not come on. Thanks for the links and it probable is the same problem in reverse. I am trying the fixes.
  7. P

I am restoring a 99 explorer xlt. When I open the passenger door, no lights come on inside. All the others work fine, even the lift gate and window in the rear. I have looked for a button sometimes located around the door frame on older cars. Lots of wires in the door. Looks like most are to...
  8. P

Wiring harness swap

Thanks. That's good news. Much appreciated. I will check it out.
  9. P

Wiring harness swap

I'm a knucklehead. Your right. I was looking at the 10th digit(year). The 8th digit (engine) is E. I gave them the right info at the junk yard. They asked me alot of questions. I had the vin with me. That was a big question, X or E. Anyhow the harness is working. Got it in and it has a non...
  10. P

Wiring harness swap

Thanks for that. I don't like leaving things unhooked. Because I have 4 is this some special pollution equiptment or an option for having 2 pipes running into the muffler? I noticed the ones in the junk yard only having 1 pipe going into the muffler.
  11. P

Wiring harness swap

I am fixing up a 99 XLT. Not an expert by anymeans. Bought the shop manuals on the internet. Backyard project truck.Trans had a hole in the top. Reman was too expensive so I went for a junk yard. Found one from a 01 that only had 148000 on the speedo. Yard person told me that it would work on my...
  12. P

Restoring a 99 explorer

Hello. Picked up a XLT with a blown trans. 258,000 miles. Good shape and am fixing it up. My first Ford other than a motorhome with a Ford chassi. Was puking fluid out a hole in the top from something that broke loose and put a hole in it. Was able to drive a short distance before it ran out of...
Back